Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 01:28

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Protein Power Pals-Monday, April 26

Good morning everyone
Welcome to all!!!

Well, what a busy weekend. DH and I worked madly in the yard all day Sat knowing that Sun was going to rain. Boy, it started Sat night and was still raining when I went to bed. But the yard looks good

Song-I didnt know that my feet would shrink either. I have worn a size 8 when pregnant and a 7 1/2 wide when not, and now my shoes are too big. I put on a pair of summer type dress shoe for work Fri and they were almost falling off of me. I was running late and wore them anyway. When I showed my co-workers, they thought maybe they had just stretched. But, I havent worn them all winter and they fit fine last fall. Plus, my tennis shoes are now sliding around. I thought it was just that they were old and needed to be replaced but when I put on the dress shoes I realized that my feet shrunk.
Isnt it great??!!!

Dawn-dont give up on keeping the thread going. I may not always have the time to post, but I love to follow what everyone is doing every day.

Bawdy-hugs!!

Wendy-good work with the CAD. Summer is almost here-just a thought-why join the gym now. All the fun summer activities are just starting and the gym will still be there in the fall when it is not as much fun to go outside. Just my opinion

Well, my brain is not on full at 2:30 am. Trying to get puppy back to sleep and will check in with everyone at a more decent morning hour.
Love, Carrie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:03

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Morning!

WOW Carrie, I hope that you will get to catch up on your sleep! Just do as the new mommas do, When they nap, YOU NAP! Oh and BTW, if you do not need the rain SEND THE EXTRAS HERE! We are starting to green up but this is the 3rd year of drought and i am hoping that it will the "charmed one" that will change the tides back!!! That is quite a deal about your shoes, after I had my ds, my feet were 1/2 a size LARGER! I HAD to buy all new shoes!! (Which in it's self was not to bad! ) Retail therapy you know is a good thing!! (Bawdy's fave phrase!)

Hope that everyone had a good weekend, I had a good workouts, I will prob start running outside soon, but when it gets to warm here the snakes come out so bad in the evening along the roads (we do not have our dog anymore) so I am thankful for our treadmill!

well I have to go and take my computer to the big city today, if the computer docs do not find to much trouble I will be back on tomorow, but if you all do not hear from me for a couple of days... you will know what that means!

You all have a good (fast) MONDAY!!!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:21

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good morning again
Now that it is a decent time of morning and have had several cups of coffee I feel more like a functioning member of society.

Lissette- believe me, I would love to send the rain your way. People dont realize that the states that most of our food comes from are really struggling under drought situations. Coming from Utah I understand this. Plus, it seems like every time I plan on going riding, another storm rolls thru. Good luck with the computer. My DH is a computer wiz, I tell him I dont need to know how it works, just keep it running.

Tried a new recipe last night- my tastes are changing so much. I thought it was very good-a cheesecake type bar cookie with almond crust-but everyone else thought it was nasty ie.. not sweet enough, too bland, etc.
I am starting to crave more whole, natural foods.
Funny-I have never liked radishes-always thought they were bitter, etc.
Well, I cut one up to put on top of my salad and found out they are sweet.
Cucumbers are now sweet to me. Red pepper slices taste like candy. This is so amazing coming from the "sugar queen".

Hope everyone has a good morning-I am doing lots of running around this morning and will be back in this afternoon when it is supposed to rain again to work on laundry.
Love, Carrie
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 07:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning Everyone!

My poor daughter has the stomach bug my son had the other day. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

I'm going to go through all my shoes today. I'm also thinking about selling some clothes on ebay. I paid quite a bit of money for some of my meeting clothes, and I thought if I could sell them, I'll have money to replace them with smaller sizes.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 09:06
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Good morning lovelies...

I have been finding my tastes have changed over the last few months as well, I had half of a cucumber last night, a la carte, and I took a bite thinking I was going to have to sprinkle some salt or some splenda on it, or get some dressing out..cause I have never really been fond of just plain cukes.. but ..it tasted 'sweet' to me as well. I eat a cucumber when I am feeling 'puffy'..it is a natural water pill for me..and true to form, my calves are not holding water today. BUT was up all night going to the bathroom.. I want it all... sleep and looking and feeling better! How dare I?

Song.. I have some stuff on ebay now.. only 2 of the list has bids on it so far.. I looked over what others were charging for s&h, cause its been a while since I have sold on ebay..and I have screwed myself in the past w/shipping and handling.. I have gotten a email saying.. dont you think 4.99 is expensive for shipping and handling? I could send it for..blah..blah..blah.. but they forget.. thats shipping AND handling.. and shipping costs include the packaging, my HOUR at the post office.. (grins).. I dont think its unreasonable. Some are heavier items, so I adjusted accordingly.. sucks to eat shipping costs... I have a feeling they are high carbs too dang it!

If anyone is interested, my ebay id is dawnzlight... Of course right now I have just put some sexy nighties, a couple of dresses, and shirts. I still have a HUGE OVERFLOWING BASKET to go thru plus whatever is in my spare roomslashdining roomslashguest room.. (doesnt everyone have one of those fillintheblank/slash/fillintheblank type of rooms?)

I love puppies! I almost got suckered into another one.. like I need THAT in a small 1 Bedroom with a slash/guest/slash room.. 2 dogs and a cat that thinks she is a dog when I take the dogs for a walk, she now trots along with us.. .we must look silly. Considering the apt complex has a pet limit of 2 here.. But as always I think I am the star pupil here and can get away with anything.. hey..if the upstairs people can get away with a dozen folks (not joking!--try finding a PARKING space when they are ALL HERE!) living there in the SAME size apartments, I think I can have my babies..ya know?

Back to auctions.. .they tend to 'sell' during the last day, most people don't want to bid, and then get the price jumping up, so they hope to snag the item at the last second.. ( my ploy anyways on there!) So I am not worried about them, I even listed a massage mothers day gift certificate.. I havent done that in awhile, and don't always sell them, but its good advertising, cause w/out fail, I get a customer from Brazil that knows someone that knows someone and they buy a g.c for aunt sally or uncle joe..

Oh.. holy toots.. where did the TIME go to?? I have to run.. I have a massage for myself scheduled at noon! YAY.. My R scapula is Killing me!

Have a delish day.. oh.. we are getting RAIN..put out all of my plants so they get watered.. Did 2 loads of laundry.. well. washed and dried..heaped up ready to fold...
::::::::turns head :::::::::::

"Jillie"(small rotundo dog) "GET OFF THE CLOTHES!.. NO ITS NOT YOUR NEW BEDDDDDDDDD...scoot......"

#6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:25

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

lol at dawns antics
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:53

you all notice they are now making our signatures the right size??? good for them now I don;t have to wounder.....but somebody needs to change all the chalenge pics to match...lol
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:34

for Dawn in her other april chalange

Quote:
Speaking of that, we have one more weigh in for the month of April, and starting to think of our May challenges theme....
May flowers.See us bloom!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 14:33

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Dawn - thanks for the info on ebay. I'll have to get busy and get some pictures of my things. I've bought on ebay, but never sold. Thanks for the info on the shipping. I'm sure they aren't low carb if you have to eat it! LOL!!

Unity - I like the size of the sig's now too.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 20:13
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HOLA!

:::::: Singing: I feel good..houah! (james brown moveovah! ::::::

man did my therapist work me over! phew! Sure wasnt the nicey nice relax and zone kinda one..but I NEEDED the deeper work..and she delivered!

Unity, I love the challenge name, I think the others on that challenge will like it too.. I lost 6 lbs for the month of April...had to change my incredibly halfed off challenge graphics, they were chopped off at the knees! Tee hee..

Have a good nite folks!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 20:45

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few days. I am changing up the way I am eating a bit. I am going to test it out for a few weeks and see how it goes. I am eating alot more fruit and a serving of potato once a week. I am also trying to keep calories down so basically I am eating normally I love fruit and I just can't see that a 3 carb bar loaded with chemicals is a better choice than a handful of grapes or a small apple. I am exercising like crazy so we shall see. So far it seems to be ok, no gain that I can tell.

Have a good evening