Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-07, 17:42

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtbichic
Good idea! Thats what I need to do, try not to eat until I am very hungry. I am home alot and tend to eat out of boredom or needing the crunch.

I will try this tomorrow, today I had a handful of almonds. Which isn't bad, until I had like 5 handfuls. I just cannot keep buying my trigger foods. Then I ask myself, then what can I eat. I get my weight down 4 lbs. away from goal and then right back up again I go. duh!!!!

Nuts are a huge weakness for me too!

What is it with foods anyways? Why can't we just find the balance, like have a couple and leave it at that?!?!?!
I have been awful the last few days. All this thinking about making the right choice is leaving me feeling that making no choice at all is better. Thus, I have only been consuming liquids during the day and having dinner early. Its starting to feel awful and gratifying at the same time when my stomach is growling in bed! yikes

There is a pilates class starting at the gym I signed up. Was thinking about it. Definately an excellent way to lean out!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 10:41

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

5 days, no cheats for me except I overdid the nuts yesterday. Darn those nuts. There used to be a great pilates thread on this board that really motivated me to exercise regularly. I am soooo far from that mindset right now. For now I would be content to just get the eating under control.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 21:39

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

just so you know nuts kept me stalled for sooooooo long the first time I lost

nuts will be my down fall again when I get close-even the raw almonds and the stupid peanut butter

I need to be here with you guys because I know what to do and how to do it. I have lost it before. I just keep cheating

and WHY oh WHY do I cheat every time I lose a pound WHY!!???
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 23:51
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkquinn
just so you know nuts kept me stalled for sooooooo long the first time I lost

nuts will be my down fall again when I get close-even the raw almonds and the stupid peanut butter

I need to be here with you guys because I know what to do and how to do it. I have lost it before. I just keep cheating

and WHY oh WHY do I cheat every time I lose a pound WHY!!???

Hi and Welcome!!

Nuts are my down fall too!

Why is it that the ones who know how to do and have lost a lot of weight already slip and slide?

Well I have been doing great. I ate some nachos and a few handfuls of popcorn on Saturday but I have been doing great with that exception. However, I still have to start over from that slip. So today is day 2 or me.

TOM is here, but I will still weigh in tomorrow morning to see where I am at weight wise.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 10:10
WONJ#3

BF:

Well Good Morning is anyone is still following along.

How is everyone else doing? I weighed in this morning and I don't know if I am reetaining water or not, but I was 163.8!! Compared to last week on New year's Day when I weighed in at 173 that is HUGE!! Maybe it was last week that I was retaining the water.

I'm very happy!!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 11:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Twacky, you just gave me some hope because I have been hanging on to about the same weight for a while now, and getting a little frustrated! I will hang in there, and maybe the whoosh fairy will come see me too!

Great job on the 10lbs girl!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 16:46
WONJ#3

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyChat
Twacky, you just gave me some hope because I have been hanging on to about the same weight for a while now, and getting a little frustrated! I will hang in there, and maybe the whoosh fairy will come see me too!

Great job on the 10lbs girl!

Thank you very much! I'm certain a lot of it was water weight. This is what I found from last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twacky
Last week I lost 2 lbs after Christmas and was down to 166, today...after I binged all weekend I weighed in at 173!!!!!!

I haven't weighed that much in a looooong time and I really think I have hit bottom. So I really need all of your support.

If I recall correctly, the scale said 173.2 and I was totally floored! So to see 163.8 today was such a joy!!

Now my goal is to get down to at least 158 by my doctor's appointment on the 21st. My PS told me I had to lose weight after my surgery and last time I saw him I was 165. I know I can get down to 158 because that is the weight I was for a hot second after my surgery and around Halloween when all the slipping and sliding started.

I hope I can motivate anyone reading this to get back on the bandwagon with me because if I can go from 158 to 173 and then start back and continue to lose....then you can too.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 13:26

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Oh Yeah! I am still here. I have been soooo good, it was shocking myself. I am not even craving ice-cream anymore, so I have to make sure I don't have any!!

We are going away this weekend on an 8 hour truck ride to go snowmobiling way up into Canada. So I was at the store today thinking....what can I bring along low carb?
-hard boiled eggs
-I made a bunch of beef jerky, 15 lbs. to share
-I made Jello shots with light Vodka and sugar free jello
-romaine lettuce and no carb ceasar dressing
-frozen,mico. beef tips
* we are staying in a chalet

So I picked up some pepperoni and then I bought almonds. Why or why do I do this???? I have eaten half of the container already. The last time I bought them I ate half and then threw the other half away, because I did not want to eat them. I tell myself, I will only have a few at a time, but.....josh!

So I was doing great and then I went nuts on the nuts! LOL

No more! I will be good this weekend, I will be the only one being good. The rest think I am crazy, since I am the smallest one there. But that is why...!

STAY AWAY FROM THE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 16:58
WONJ#3

BF:

Quote:
So I picked up some pepperoni and then I bought almonds. Why or why do I do this???? I have eaten half of the container already. The last time I bought them I ate half and then threw the other half away, because I did not want to eat them. I tell myself, I will only have a few at a time, but.....josh!

hahahaha...that was funny. I can't do nuts. I have the SAME reaction to them.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 17:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I love nuts. They get me through rough patches. I don't struggle too much with overindulging in them, though so I am fortunate that way.

At my new job today, I got the tour of the place, including the vending machines.....not good. I am going to have to make sure that I am stocked with LC snacks when I go to work.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 22:18

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Don't buy your trigger foods! lol, i discovered that years ago on WW. I'd only buy Zesty Doritas if I was having company, and of course you have to serve company first THEN I'd grab like 5 out of the dish.. hopefully, by the time you get back to it, the bowl's empty!! awww...... heheh let them get fat. :P

I had good news today, they are removing our vending machines at work.. Yayyy! Damn Cheezies just multiply around your belly!

Last edited by FatFreeMe : Wed, Jan-10-07 at 22:19. Reason: adding.