Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1891   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 06:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all!

You post once again made me teary! OMG what a beautiful thing you son did! Plus to include his uncle! I bet the wait staff had fun with that too! Very generous, but you are right it wasn't about the money!
Bonus- you ate perfect through it. I love when the "not hungry" kicks in.
Are you in full swing of work again or is it a lighter week?

LORI/BLUE- I love those older homes. You said Lori that yours has been in the family for years- with "stuff" in the attic. I would so be up there. I bet it is full of stories! It's the stuff you read about!

TRIG- I never thought about fans- or wind blowing to keep from getting chewed by the bugs! You really are the camper. That advice comes from experience I am sure. That is a great idea.
5 hours to the beach! That last hour in the car is always the worst. Regardless of how long.
I am with ya on loving the beach. I get the phrase SALT LIFE- Salt is in the air here.

KMOM- hope you are well. We are here plus you have my email- if you ever want to take something off line. I will add it again to the bottom of the page.
Yesterday- IF= 19/5- just 2 small meals. Left over steak for lunch/ crab legs and shrimp for dinner/ SMALL side of LC slaw.

Lori- I bet you are rolling just fine in the heat. I think where you are is on the boarder of the extreme heat. I think it is more east of you.
You would love where I am- a golf course in the backyard!

Leeann- How did the party go? I bet you all had a great time! Details, Details, details.
------------------------------------------------
All- I am loving my island time! I could SO get used to this pace and away of life. EVERYDAY!

I am over my "issues". I think that because I have the "not hungry" here and not eating much but pure protein- I am "adjusting". I am eating less veggies. Just not worth the hassle of making. I have slaw and salad making in fridge.

We have salmon in the fridge- or we were thinking of going out. Dinner is a minute away. We are checking out the menu for Bubba Gump Shrimp House -
Loving life right now- did not bring a computer.
Sponsored Links
  #1892   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 06:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

You guys with no AC- Hat's off to you. I can kinda see it with Blue being in MN but Lori, I would have guessed you would have it in PA, but with the older house and all, I guess it makes sense. And window units can do a good job. I keep ours set pretty high- about 78 during the day this year since I stay cool more easily than I used to- but I am still glad to have it! We are on the third (and last) day of brutal 95 degree heat and then the temp drops to a high of 83 thereafter. But days of rain predicted as well.

Blue, you made me teary with your telling of what your son had done. Oh, I love that. And I did not miss your words of reassurance and advice at the end, either. Thank you. Those of us in the trenches dearly need the wisdom of those of you who have gone before!
Well done staying on plan. Very glad for you, pal!

Jaz- Glad your issues are straightening out and that you are having fun with your DS on your beach trip. What day do you head back? The area and the place you are renting both sound just lovely.

KMOM- love and hugs to you, sweetie. I am sorry that you had something difficult to deal with and it left you feeling down. Share when you want to. HUGS!

Lori- So your DH made it back and promptly almost knocked you off the bed? Can't live with them.... Glad he made it home safely though. What was the final result of the baseball game?

Trig- There are some parties where the adults get in but this one was meant for the kids, you know? A party for their class. It is one thing with kids your kiddo's age but 15-16 year olds don't really want the mom's crashing the pool during their class party, any more than I want teens there on my Mom's Night Out, ya know? We hung out and talked trash about life and school etc while they did their teen thing. It was all good.

••••••••••••

Party went very well. 23 kids, maybe a couple more cause I quit counting, and a handful of moms that stayed to hang out and talk. It was fun.. a good time. The kids stayed in the pool the whole time and played volleyball much of the time as well. Of course with kids those ages, the first 30 minutes the boys preened their feathers by doing jumps and dives and so forth, trying to impress the girls, while they sat around and watched. But by the first hour into the party, they were all in the pool.

I have MoW this morning and a couple of errands to run in the afternoon. DS15 was crazy busy yesterday so he will be glad to have the down time today anyhow. I'll leave him with a couple of small chores to do and call it good.

Didn't stay on plan last night, but that was one meal in five days, so not too shabby. Back on today.
  #1893   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 12:38

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

Blue: Try to get in your water this week. I won't be tracking it as it is week #2 of the two-week cycle. But I would like a general report on Saturday. We will start tracking here again on Sunday. Two small bites of that dessert! Wow, good self-control. Loved the story about your son. Feel like I have heard a lot of stories about him. This one is precious. Yes, you have done some things right...like a ton of them!

Lori: Man, that is an old house! 1852! Wow. I would be like Trig (or maybe it was Jaz) and would be snooping around that attic looking for treasures! Maybe there is something hidden in the walls? When you mentioned Brick Oven all I could think about was Brick Oven Pizza on Kauai. The best! Not sure if they have Brick Oven Pizza joints here on mainland.

Trig: Hard to buy that crap for your MIL, but important to extend some grace as it is probably all she knows. Reading that made me thankful again for my woe and the healthy and tasty food I get to eat. And you get your ribeyes!

Jaz: "Gulf Shrimp butterflied." For some reason that just seems so yummy to me! Hope you still are having an amazing time.

Nic: Glad the party was such a success. Say, a while back you shared that you had some exciting news about your hubby. Did I miss it, or maybe it is not something you can share?
  #1894   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 12:46

BF:
Progress:

My saga:
October, 2014 - got CPAP machine. Tried it. Started having pains in chest, back, arm, etc. Kept using it as so many people told me you just need to get used to it. Could not take pain any longer. Went to sleep store. They thought maybe needed full face mask. I stopped using it and pain went away.

Did not use if much for the next couple of years. Saw my cardiologist in April and she said she wanted me to try again. I made the commitment to do that, but wanted to wait till after Hawaii.

After Hawaii ended up in hospital.

When started to feel better, went back to Sleep store for a refresher. The tech said my machine was not working properly.

Had to send machine out to get fixed. Got report back yesterday. Need new PC board. The flow sensor not detecting correct flow. I asked him how I would have known this, he (the tech) said I would not have.

So I am confident the machine never worked correctly from the beginning. I believe I was exhaling against an air flow pressure that was too high.

I immediately felt bad because so well-meaning people told me not to give up. That is just took time to get used to. And here I was using a machine that was putting out the wrong air flow.

Not sure if this makes sense to anyone. It was just hard to process this for me yesterday and also to decide where to go from here.

I have the loaner from the Sleep Store and it is working great.

They want $311.00 to fix my old machine.

So that's my story and why I felt crappy yesterday.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1895   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-17, 14:11

BF:

KMOM- (((((((( HUGS))))))))) Sleep and good sleep is so important. I feel for ya. I'm sorry you are going though all this. I am hopeful that you can get some of this straighten out.

Just got back in from most of the morning and part of afternoon at beach. I need to get outta sun for few min. DS- is going back out. I am turning a pretty Florida tan. I am wearing not a drop of makeup. Because the sun is so strong here that it blasted straight though my sunscreen on my face and tanned it. It's so funny the radar shows Florida getting really bad storms- I see them miles out on the beach. But like Florida it can be sunny in on spot and pouting the next block over.

I am sorta glad I get a few hours to my self before he gets back to sorta decompress. Relaxing now on the porch- my favorite swing. I will hit the pool for another hour. We then will grill with cherry smoke chips.

I made tuna and mayo 1/4 cup for lunch- will have LC leftover slaw and Grilled Salmon. I totally feel in Ketosis! I feel like a fat burning machine. Dying to see a scale- I know addicted.

Ya know there is something so special about baking in the hot sun, with the sound of the ocean and smell of sand, salt, fish. I totally played in the ocean- then a fresh shower. So relaxing.

My co-workers/ employees took a pic- they all got in it that said "see we ARE WORKING" - It was cute. So I sent them a pic back of my toes in the sand- and another one of the beach. And ended the caption- "quite playing- get back to work- so I can relax!!!HAHAHAHA" It was fun

Off to the pool- Will take a get happy cool drink with me. I like the Titos Vodka, with Lacroix Cherry lime and tons of ice- very light and refreshing as 3/4 is water- with a shot of vodka. Just enough to have vacay in a cup.

Oh ladies........ Except missing my Bella- I could totally stay. I did this life. The sun and floaty pool calls
  #1896   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 02:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...I love reading about your beach time. Sounds just perfect to me. The mosquitoes would put a damper on it for sure, but can you find a fan to try Trig's suggestion?

Trig...I'm sure you cringe at the stuff the MIL eats. It's hard for anyone to change what they eat from what they've been doing all their life..especially when they're older. I doubt that your suggestions would be met with much enthusiasm. You're in a tough spot. I'd be like you and just get her what she wants.

I had a typical day on the golf course. Some good shots, some really bad ones. Day off today and then back to the course on Thursday.

New low on the scale this morning! YAY! I'm in a decade I haven't seen in a long time. I don't suppose it'll stay, but it was nice to see the number. Still doing my intermittent fasting with LCHF and loving it.

Off to boot camp in a few. But first, more coffee!!!
  #1897   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 03:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz the beach sounds fantastic. I am jealous ya know
So glad you feel great eating on plan! And that is how it is done and your drink sounds good too!

Nicco, party sounds like a great success. bet you are ready for a little R&R after all that fun!!

Lori, yea MIL can eat what she wants. I just hate buying it but she is older and won't change so I just let it happen. Keeping my trap shut How is your weather up there? We have big Tstorms moving thru, I figure they are coming your way now!!

KM, yea sleep is a biggie and when it is off so bad you sure feel it in many ways. glad you got it straightened out. we rely on a machine and if it fails it can really cause us troubles.

HI ALL
big storms around. cloudy, rainy icky here. omg just weather has been super annoying Kiddo has friend coming over to swim, I think that is out. gonna be a long day around here that I can see LOL

everyone have a great day
  #1898   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 06:05

BF:

Trig-Your beach times is days away! I will expect FULL DETAILS of the campgrounds, and beach.
I agree with you- here on beach time, in the sun and sand- food is MEH. If I eta fine, if I don't MEH- I am rolling with it.
You ALL were right- about over packing. Glad I didn't. If I am not in my swimsuit- it's shorts or my sundress period.

Sorry about the storms Lori and TRIG are getting- ewwwwhhh.

Blue- how is your week going? Did you survive the last of your parties? Do tell.......

Leeann- are you relaxing on your new furniture and having some down time yet?

Lori- Awesome on your NEW LOW!!!!!!!!!! I know ya gotta feel great about that. It does not surprise me though- with how active you are. Plus you do IF like me.

Speaking of- So my son is a all day grazer. He eats a little bit ALL day long. He and I eat roughly the same things, mostly. HE eats fruit I don't.

But he is convinced the reason I am not a size 4/ small person is I only eat 1 small something about 1 and a reasonable dinner. He says I don't eat enough, and need to eat more often.
So I tried to explain the science behind it. But we have agreed to disagree on this one. I told him if I grazed all day- I would be 400 pounds.

We are taking a break from beach time for a few hours this afternoon and going to a firing range. That should fun. Might do a little tee shirt shopping too!

I picked up grouper for the grill tonight. I can't get grouper in GA- people in Florida gobble it up. So that will be a treat.

Well coffee is ready- and the swing is calling my name!
  #1899   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 06:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMOM- you are right- I did mention news about the Hub but had to hold off for announcements etc for a while. DH is the new president-elect for the AHLA- American Health Lawyers Association. The AHLA is "the nation’s largest nonpartisan educational organization devoted to legal issues in the health care field. The Association’s more than 13,500 members practice in a variety of settings in the health care community." It is a four year process of preparation/ramping up, being president for a year, and then coming off over a year. It will take time and commitment but it is exciting (and I get to accompany him, when we can manage it, on four years of trips! Sadly, though, I don't get to go this summer which is to San Francisco. The two older kids are going with him though.)

KMOM- Ugh, bless your heart! Of course you wouldn't be using it if the settings were wrong bc the PC board was failing! They should not be charging you for a machine that wasn't working correctly from the beginning. ARGH so frustrating! I am glad you have a loaner and it is working well. Can you tell a difference in your sleep? I used a CPAP for about five years and man oh man could I tell when I had not used it. Splitting headaches and memory loss were the biggest signs for me. As I lost weight I had to decrease the pressure manually (mine was not a variable flow) and then I reached a point where it was no longer necessary. That was over two years ago now! Hugs.

Jaz- Very cute about your coworkers sending you the picture. Wonder how your boss is faring in your absence? Sounds like they are all surviving well enough.
Interesting discussion you and your son had. I honestly think it would vary from person to person.. science goes so far but there are so many variables within each person, JMO. THEIR hormones, THEIR metabolism, THEIR body's processes and insulin responses. I do think that fasting and OMAD etc works well for many people. For others I think not eating and then eating a meal can cause an insulin rush in the body which could cause fat storage. Dunno, just my thoughts on the matter. Each person needs to figure out what works best for their particular body's function. The good news is that you guys know that each of you needs to do what works for your own individual selves.

Lori- CONGRATULATIONS!! that is really good news about a new low and a new decade. I am happy for you. Truly!! You have a good thing going with on plan most of the time, off plan a bit for vacations and lots of exercise. Well done!

Trig- We have the rain coming here too, this week, with an accompanying drop in temps. I'm okay with the temp drop though as 95 was darn hot! Mid 80s will be just fine thank you! Hope the kiddo has fun with her friend.

••••••••••••••

Good day yesterday. Did my MoW route. They shortened it by half which is good because it was taking a long time. Mr Overhuggy is in the hospital. Hopefully nothing serious. My big-talker, God love her, talked my ear off yesterday. She is the sweetest thing but it is so darn hard to find a way to leave. Luckily with the shorter route I could give her a little more time yesterday.

After that I completed some errands that really needed to get done so I felt accomplished for the day. Then I lazed around in the pool, didn't make dinner (lol), finished a book, watched TV and generally had an excellent summer day.

Hardly saw DS15 at all yesterday and when I did he was quite growly. Turns out he was hyper focusing on composing a song and creating cover art with another kid he is collaborating with. So I'm very happy with that. I have noticed him doing a LOT more musically since school let it. So nice to see him really letting that creative side go wild. I think during school his poor brain is too fried to even begin. GO BOY GO!

Today I have a meeting with the CASA baby, her caregivers and the Infant and Toddler teacher. I am more there as a support person. The test results will be given about the CASA baby and her development and recommendations. I don't think it is going to go horribly but I don't think it is going to go well, either. Then after that I get to pick up DS18 at the airport! He will be back from Orlando!! I have missed that boy so much. He will be worn out!

Last thing of the day will be a stop at Costco for some things I need to pick up, including something for Father's Day.

Dinner tonight will be thin cut ribeye steaks, tomorrow night chicken wings.
  #1900   ^
Old Wed, Jun-14-17, 16:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Super quick post tonight. Pulled my back and there seems no comfortable position to be in. Aleeve is helping but not totally.

You'd think I wouldn't be hungry w/the pain, but au contraire, had HUGE hungries today. Have stayed on plan but have grazed LC all day and still want more for dinner.

Back tomorrow w/personals, and hopefully in much better shape. Have done this before, same spot. Usually subsides w/in a day or two.
  #1901   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 03:08

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic...how exciting about your DH's new position! How nice that you'll get to accompany him on some trips, and the kids too! You'll have lots of interesting things to share with us here!

Nothing much going on here. I did get my first client for my Nutritional counseling. I had given one of my cards to a friend at the golf course who is very concerned about her daughter. Well, her daughter called me yesterday and we will have our first session on Friday. As you can imagine, my mind is racing with thoughts on helping her. She is 5'1" and 250 lbs. One good thing is that she does not have high sugar or other health issues. Her biggest problem is sleep apnea. She told me that she had a sleep apnea induced seizure last Friday that scared her. She said that she thought she was dying. I know losing weight will help her with that. So.....wish us both luck!

Off to the golf course at 7:15 this morning. Need copious amounts of coffee first!

Have a great day!
  #1902   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 04:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco so cool for DH! My Dad was president of 4 major food distribution companies thru his career and one thing mom loved the most was the trips!! oh yea it can be a wonderful time for you guys. the perks of a good career are wonderful if ya don't have to 'work too hard' Happy for him!!

Jaz, thing is with this type of plan, being zero carb, you can eat as much as you need. if hungry always eat. never deny yourself. That is what this plan so easy for me actually. But with deep keto you just are not hungry like others might be so we tend to eat less over the course of this plan.

Hope trip is going well! Sunday is coming fast for my trip. omg can't wait. need scenery change and fast LOL

Blue, hope you get better fast! Backs are horrible. Just shuts ya down alot cause I know one problem with hubby is bad sleep from the hurt cause he can never get comfy in bed. He moans when he turns over etc and I know that back pain is hard to escape.

Lori----Lori---Lori....tell me more on 'this session' and your nutritional counseling? Is this a new biz? I just gotta know now LOL Is this a result of the courses you took on that online school? just super curious on this

HI ALL
super busy
no time
got life to handle before leaving on sunday

kids got to swim thank goodness. sun came out and storms held off so that was nice

on plan and doing well.

hope everyone has a fab day
  #1903   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 07:38

BF:

Wow lots to talk about - this place is jumping!

Leeann- So Happy for your DH! So does this new responsibility mean that his 9-5 position will change? Like Lawyers work 9-5 That is wonderful for him. I'm not not sure what they do or who they effect. Do they make laws for healthcare? Watch over our food supply to make sure stuff is safe. Nice to know if we had something like that.
So cool too you get to go on his trips too! We can't wait to hear all about it.
So glad you finally were able to get in a R&R day. Nice!

Blue- I HATE BACK PAIN! So sorry you aren't feeling well. The kicker is when you do nothing - and wake up in pain. Sorry- the good news it usually passes after a few days. Hope you can rest up.
Are you done with all your parties? You sailed through beautifully .

KMOM- I am wondering if part of your low energy is directly related to your sleep. I feel for ya. Sleep is so needed and so underrated. I am a bear without it.
Did you say that you got your machine fixed? Maybe I missed that part in your story!
Water- I needed more yesterday maybe 5/6 - but in the hot sun, and sweating in 97% humidity- I needed more.

TRIG- don't be wishing Sunday here to fast now! I know you are getting antsy- for your beach. But that will conclude mine! arty: I get your need for beach.
I love just staring out at endless ocean- no worries in the world- not a one. I will toss the baton in a few days- then you can report your fun. And we can continue the beach stories.

Lori- I totally forgot you do nutritional counseling. I used to do that too! I got paid good money doing that. Did that when I was in top shape and in Ohio.
I would love to get back into that- add working with diabetic patients. I feel I could offer a lot to the overweight to diabetics. Those people are my niche and passion.
Awesome you got a client. I will be really interested in how that goes.
-----------------------------------------------
ALL-
So the think about Florida- it can rain/POUR for 30 minutes and 30 min. The sun is out and everything and everyone returns to the beach.

I am hearing thunder- but the sun is out?! So we will hand on the porch for a few minutes this morning before taking our morning walk. I have been walking the beach a few miles EVERYDAY. I am so much more active with the push from my son.
But by 6ish- after all day of walking, sun, sand- I am ready for wine, dinner, and relaxing.

I had to have a "conversation" - to say - hey kid, I am not 20! Your momma needs to have some R&R time. He is the type that has ENDLESS energy from the moment his eyes open until they close. He doesn't get that I don't I just can't keep up with that. I think he doesn't understand that, but he at least respects it.

We never made it to the gun range- we chose to beach it all day. I got in some surf time, meaning I sat on the sand as the water rolled over my legs.
He played beach volley ball.
We went to a few beach shops- I wanna get a tee shirt. Maybe a coffee mug. The usual vacay just one brings back . I got a magnet too. I did by a really fun beach chair I can use even back home by the pool.

Today beach, lunch, pool, beach. I except going to the grocery and a few little shops- it has been a really low-key trip. We are going out to eat tonight. We were going to go to Bubba Gump Shrimp- but there was nothing on the menu either of us could eat. All fried.

So we settled on Marlins- Steafood and steaks. It's a little more upscale than a beach tiki open bar food. I like those too! just fun to sit on the water and having a appetizer and wine. I have been really really 100% except a strawberry just one- and a spoonful of sunbutter. total carbs of that maybe 3/4. I did however have a spoonful of DAIRY last night. I have a small side I picked up of Broccoli and melted cheese sauce. YES I PAID! - flat belly now though!

I did pick up my grouper I will have for lunch today and tomorrow. Made it with a touch of oil stove top. No veggies for lunch as I will have a small salad for dinner. I think I was doing to much veggies. It caused a stall. I fell as if I have dropped a few pounds. I have been getting in a ton of walking- all day walking- and low eating. So I feel lighter.

Ok- thunder has passed.
Ok all gotta run
  #1904   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 09:03

BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Blue: Hope your back pain follows the same course as usual and you are starting to feel better even today. Wondering how you slept last night?

Trig: Sunday! Yay! I know how much you love your trips to the beach. Happy kiddo will be able to walk around better by then.

Lori: For your client, yeah...losing weight for sure will help her Sleep Apnea. In fact, many people do not even need CPAP after they have lost a lot of weight. Nic is a good example. Hope it all goes well. I can tell you are excited about it.

Jaz: Love hearing the details of your vacay. Also, I feel like I am getting to know your son better! Beach volleyball! Oh, I loved to play that. My husband was really good and I was pretty good. I have a Phy Ed degree from Long Beach State. Anyway, we would play 2-on-2 beach volleyball at the beach. Such fun memories! Did your son just join some people that were playing? Did you watch it?

Nic: Thanks for telling us about your DH's job promotion. I have thought about it so many times and finally remembered to ask. How fun is that! You will get to travel with him. I am smiling just thinking about that!

The Cardiologist wants me to stop one of my meds (Metoprolol). I said, "Oh, really. I like taking that one." NOT!!!!! I was so excited. So now I am just on the blood thinner (which is a heavy hitter). I need to accept I will probably be on that the rest of my life. My BP was low. We'll see if some of the heaviness and tiredness I have been feeling goes away.

Heaviness! Wish some of my physical heaviness would go away!

O4 this morning. Cheeseburger on LB for lunch. New chicken wings recipe for supper with broccoli. Parmesan Crusted Chicken Wings. Parm cheese, Pork Rind flour, garlic butter, onion powder, black pepper, salt, butter, parsley. Will let you know how they turn out.

I ordered Richard Simmons original, "Sweatin' With the Oldies." Can't remember if I already told you that. I gotta move more. Gotta get my FitBit set up again.

Hope everyone has a great day. Blue, you especially. Hope you notice some improvement with your back.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1905   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 15:05

BF:

Winding down my day.

I had a very good day on the golf course. It wasn't too hot & I actually played well.....for me. I hope I can hit the little ball as well on Saturday as I did today.

Trig...yes, this is a result of my online "Nutrition & Wellness Consultant" certification. I'm optimistic that I can help this girl. As she was telling me her story on the phone, I was getting emotional. I do the same thing when I see a weight loss story on TV...I sit here crying! I have been sitting here this afternoon making some notes and writing down bullet points that I want to cover with her. I may not go over them all tomorrow, I have to see where the conversation leads us and what I feel needs the most emphasis to begin.

Jaz...I would be leery about working with diabetic patients, as I don't have near the level of training that you do. You are qualified to work with people with illness, whereas my certification is very minor. I would like to work with people before they get sick.....keep them from going down that road. I think you would be great working one on one with patients.

I meet with her at 10AM tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a good feeling about it!

Just had my last meal of the day(5PM) and am having some lemon water. I'll break my fast early tomorrow at 9AM so I can have a bite before I leave for my appointment.

Have a great evening!
Closed Thread