Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1981   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 17:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Crossposted with Blue- "Marshmallow on a toothpick!" LOL LOL LOL I feel like I can relate to that. I have tube socks too. lol

I will have to peek into those lights. DH did string some lights up in our gazebo here on the deck, that change colors from blue to white to green to red, which makes it look like we are in gazebo hell. The sea glass ones sound amazing though!

Good for you, eight days on plan. That is wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
  #1982   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 03:16

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I woke up feeling disoriented and headachy. I was sleeping soundly when the alarm went off. Ugh. Decided to blow off boot camp and just have an easy morning. I have some errands to run later and then a chiro appt this afternoon.

Blue, the sea glass lights sound beautiful! What a nice touch that will be. My sister is dealing with the marshmallow on toothpicks syndrome. She is very tiny except for the dreaded muffin top. Just another "gift" of aging.

Trig...hope you are getting back in the swing of things. It always takes me several days to get my act together.

Nic...I've never used fennel. I'm not a fan of anise, so not sure I would like it. Glad it turned out good for you.

Jaz...how is your week going? Hopefully you're getting caught up from being away.

We have a cool, 50 degree start to our day. I think DH is taking our grandson out on his little fishing boat this afternoon. Our son & his boy will go along too. Living right along the river, they don't have far to go to put it in the water. There is a launch just on the other side of the river from our house.

Ok...I just have to get some coffee into this body and get myself awake. Have great days!
  #1983   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 04:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- I can relate to that groggy feeling. I didn't want to get up this morning. I was so excited though because I thought it was Thursday. Only to work it in my brain- wait no it's only Wednesday. I truly am working for my week ends. And boy the older I get time just seems to FLY by.
Enjoy your day. Oh....... How did your tourney go?

Trig- WELCOME BACK!!!!! You were missed. I think it's go great you are able to totally "unplug". I am not there yet. How do you do that??? Unplug?
How was your trip? Details Details! Are you taking a few days to decompress and relax. It is so true- ya need a few days after a vacay to rest!

Blue- Loved the hubby story. I bet you were a wild child before he tamed your heart! Did you say your back porch is the screened in kind? I love sitting out to- but don't like getting chomped.
My first house we had a lovely screened in back sitting area- I can picture yours. Isn't it funny that when you get something "new", ya keep looking at it. Funny how that works.
I had cali/rice last night and topped it with BBQ chicken strips. Very good.
You are going to save a hung chunk of change- with your new ins. You could save up enough to take that trip you wanted! That would be awesome!
The glass sea lights sounds interesting. Somehow I can't visualize that. But it sounds lovely. -
It also sounds like you are back in your LC zone. And doing well. I get the marshmallow on 2 sticks! I wonder- just thinking out loud if maybe some sort of work out might help. Do you work out at all? I know you move around alot with your work. But I was wondering if you walk or dance, or swim. I think that helps some. I know it at least helps for some people. I am just asking.
I know how hard it is to incorporate one more thing into a day! YES I DO!!! Maybe we could challenge each other. And have Lori as our inspiration!

Leeann- Lady by the pool! I love your back yard. I remember your pic from last year. Now you have your new furiture to go with it. Any 4th plans? You are always doing something with the kids.
So the Bolognese - what is that? I thought it was a sauce ya put over pasta? Is it LC?
So glad you are still doing your MOW. do you do that every week, or do you self schedule?

KMOM- interested as to how your and the fam is doing! yesterday 5/5. Just made it.
-------------------------------------------
All- Yes to the question about the new software rolling out in Oct. it WILL make all of our jobs easier. It will take our program into the 21 century.
I kid you not when I say we are running numbers manually with spread sheets!! This is long overdue.
It will be awesome to lose all those spreadsheets. I am privileged to have played a part in that development. It was an intense process, but I have never done anything like that. I have learned a lot.

I have a quesy tummy this morning. Not sure why. I had a lot of greens and the riced cali- maybe to much veggies last night.
I bounced up a pound as well. BUT my clothes are feeling very loose. So F the scale.

I made up a couple pork chops for today. So those are sitting in the fridge.
I am getting tuna burn out- I might go next door to my little "Fresh" grocery and get some chicken salad today. I will take my walking shoes as well. I know I need some water.

Ok all- I am definitely humming along just perfect in LC zone. But could do better with walking and water. My challange.

Ok have a wonderful day everyone
  #1984   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 05:14

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, what Blue said. You are so lucky you got a passion for golf and it fills your day up enough to have fun and enjoy!! I was that way with my horse back riding every day! But that is gone and I do not have a passion now like you....I wish I did I do things like kayak and hike but it isn't a real draw of a passion thing. Sorry you feel cruddy....I am the same. sore throat here, bleck! Clogged up and all and it was cool last night here also. crazy weather for end of June. we should be steaming and yet it is cool? go figure lol

Jaz, I am zero carb. No I am not changing my eating. I used to allow treats on vacay but I do not any more. I never eat a whole thing or a meal on vacay...I have a lick of ice cream or a bite of crab cake from hubby...that kind of thing. I stayed on plan except for a few bites of this and that. I can not go off plan with an entire meal or dessert item ever. I would cave in a heartbeat and not get back on plan. So the few bites I had were truly nothing. A taste. Then done. I won't be going off my zero carb/A72 eating ever

Money blown.....4 days of Tstorms. Shop and eat. OMG the family loves to friggin' eat. Being tourist it was always $30 at least per person so the bill was over $100 each time for the appetizers hubby orders also....so figure like $110 times 5 times out to eat on a 10 day trip and right there it was way too much money LOL, then we hit the shops and got new beach towels and other stuff and the bucks racked up there. If we didn't have tons of rain I would have saved tons of money In fact brought home chicken, hamburger and pork we didn't eat. I like eating at the RV cause I can control my food, this trip got out of hand on eating out and I won't let that happen this much again on my next trips

Blue your lights for the porch sound so cute! You would love walking the campground at night. Everyone strings something pretty from the awnings all kinds of pretty light displays...kinda the rv thing to do. I used to do it, but stopped cause heck light draws bugs HAHA

Vacay was fun but it was like 4 days of big T storms that kinda held on thru the day and that was annoying as heck but the last 5 days was nice so we hit the beach. Never used the kayaks we brought. When the storms cleared I wanted the beach to boggie board heck with the kayaks and work paddling LOL

Hit Brookgreen Gardens which is so nice. Old plantation that turned to sculpture garden. Just beautiful! I was sitting under the awning at the camper and a car stopped and said HI and I said HI and they said do you want tickets to BG cause they had 3 days left on them and they were leaving. I said sure and thank you LOL. BG is like 5 ft down the road from the campground. Been there a few times and so we went again. Can't go wrong but being a misty rainy type day when we went hubby hit the gift shop. Got 2 bottles of his $28 a bottle 'special honey'....omg shoot me ya know! Small skinny bottle of friggin' honey darn near $30...they see people like him coming a mile away....now way I would be buying that HAHA but heck I have to let him buy something sometime LOL

Nicco how do ya keep up with everyone? Your house sounds so active, everyone going here and there!! Older I get the less I can keep up with myself let alone everyone else HA
Your house is hopping busy!! At least you got a nice quiet walk in with the dog!

HI ALL
woke up sore throat. bleck. crazy tired.
got another load laundry in now
poor hubby has to work today. one day was vacay so only 3 this week but I know he must be dragging, I am here dragging just typing this HAHA

kiddo has B-day party today. some water park. drop her off at friends and off they go, pick her up later when she calls.

gotta mow, gotta check goats, gotta pay some bills I don't have on with online auto pay and other junk. the usual on top of me plus rv unpack.

stupid rv. the propane alarm went off a few times. must be wiring trouble cause when kiddo slammed rv door it screeched off. probably have to replace it. will see on that.

stupid rv. water leaked onto my side of the bed! the caulking on top near the cap on the roof was cracked. hubby patched but we have to take it in to strip and re-caulk. crap more money on this junk!

ok don't know what I am thinking, my mind is mush

everyone have a great day and chat later!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, Jun-28-17 at 05:20.
  #1985   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 07:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- with all the activity you have had, a morning off sounds good. I hope you aren't getting sick and it was just an off morning. Hope your DH has fun.

Jaz- Not bolognese, bouillabaisse! It's a light seafood soup.
Glad you will be able to put manual data entry behind you soon. It's ridiculous that they were still doing that!

Trig- Ugh on more RV repairs being needed although they sound pretty minor. I was laughing as I was reading about your DH and his eating/appetizers/souvenir and honey buying. LOL!!! I know you love your Porkchop though!

Also really hope you are not getting sick.

••••••••••

Gorgeous morning out on the deck- I've read the paper and so forth- been out here a couple of hours. Watched a baby bunny hopping around. My body has yet to get the memo that it is summer so I've been waking around 5:30 or so. I lay around and read my Kindle in bed for an hour or so before I come down to let the dogs out and start the day.

Trying to decide whether to drag DS15 out of the house with me or not in the first half of the day. He has a drum lesson but not til 4. Meh, dunno. He will whine. lol I'm going to do a CASA Daycare visit.

Not much else to report. Very nice day today before the temps start to rise again.
  #1986   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 11:02

BF:

Nicco I loved you watched the baby bunny hopping around.

I just took a bird nest out of my riding lawn mower!!! Poor thing had 2 small eggs but it was in the engine cap......come on ya know....gone near 10 days and this happens. I stuck the nest up on hubby's ATV hunt vehicle. Bird will deal or not deal I guess. geez............I corrupt wildlife and you watched it with a smile..now I feel sad LOL

hubby and honey omg! he said even if he is ever diagnosed with diabetes honey will stay and I said as long as life ins. pymts. are up to date then have at it hey he is an adult, do what ya want as long as I get a payoff in the end for stupidity HAHA (yes we talk like that around here)

oh the crap happening here...this and that and more of this and that nasty crap LOL

got front mowed..laundry doing, pool being handled more and kid to party, mom called thinking her phone is bad yet CALLED me to tell me that! and and and and ----HAHA

I got 4 thin pork chops with my name on them now
  #1987   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 16:24

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---You really have been enjoying that new deck furniture! Sounds like it makes your deck like a whole new room, only outside.

I hear ya on debating whether to try to rise your youngest. Gads, the hardest day in day out thing in my on duty mother days was pulling my son out of bed. DO NOT miss that, he's a big old bear in the morning. I could have used a forklift at the time...

Jaz---Yeah, we have a large screened in porch and a deck off that where my hammock is. One of the first things we did to the house was build it. Grew up living on our screened in porch in the summer, had to have one. Plus it's a southern exposure, too much sun to enjoy w/out it, not to mention the mosquitos and then in August the bees.

And yes, I definitely need to move more. Job can be very active sometimes, but other times sedentary. Really admiring how much you've been working on moving more. WISH I had a beach to walk on. You'd never have to twist my arm.

Did you get the book yet?

Lori---Good you blew off boot camp. I think our body tells us when it needs a break. When I used to be a work out queen I learned not to push it, as if I pulled something it was always when I knew I shouldn't have pushed it and just given myself a rest day.

Wow, you live in a historical home on a river!!! I would love that.

Trigger---"Yeah we talk like that around here." Actually, I think your response to the honey lovin' hubby was perfect.

And yeah, camping is great while the sun shines, but a lot more expensive when it doesn't. We used to camp for a week every summer at the EAA air show in Oshkosh WI. Hubby loves the plane thing. I could give a fig about them, but loved how happy it made him. But I'm tellin' ya, first sprinkle of rain and we were into town spending money with me leading the charge.

And yeah, at that camp ground too people did amazing things to decorate their space with lights and all manner of stuff. Really fun to walk thru at night, like a cozy little city all its own.

Glad you had a couple bites here and there on vacay. So often that really is enough, but I know it's a real slippery slope for you. Still, a little taste is nice and sounds like you did just fine w/it.

K-mom---Know you're busy w/La Fam. As much fun as it is, bet you're about ready to have your house to yourself again.

Did I get it wrong and we're not doing water this week? Oh well, will list anyway since I'm having a good week. Wed. 4/3. Feel no need to record.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More orders from my "quit belly achin' and get goin' more industrious twin today. Continued on w/my work projects even though I'm way ahead of the timeline now. Then cleaned out bedroom dressers and got a nice big pile of stuff to get rid of. My cleaning lady has 3 girls and she loves to take this stuff, which is happy re-cycling for me, as I only pass on what's still in good condition. The rest goes out in the trash. No one wants to wear beat up clothing and I don't consider it generous to load the crap onto Good Will or anywhere else, so they can throw it away.

So, I'm feeling so much better. Productivity is so important to how we feel.

On plan again today. Tomorrow will be a semi- treat night as hubby and I are meeting friends at their club for "Reggae Night" by the pool. This is the University club I have spoken about before. The food will be sublime and the music fun.

Not giving myself a hog wilder permission slip, and will choose mostly on plan, but pretty sure there will be some bites and small treats. This is the kind of thing I like to save up a treat night for, rather than try to make it 6/1. Tonight is my 9th day on plan, no need for treats. Guess my best plan is to play it as it comes.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jun-28-17 at 16:56.
  #1988   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 16:45

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and Nic---loved hearing the story about how you and your hubby met. Wow, since 19 huh? Sure didn't have my Sh*t together enough to know what I needed long term at that age. But I did have some fun experimenting.

As Jaz correctly intuited, I was a bit of a wild child in my time. So thankful I got out of it all w/just a few bumps and bruises of the heart. My parent's divorce had me convinced I never wanted to marry for a long time. Worked exactly opposite for my brother, and he got married very early and well.

LOL, hubby needed you to "critique his writing" but really he "only wanted you." SO TRUE and obvious, but don't we love them for their wily efforts?!

I love that your hubby is a writer and a published one! Wish we all lived closer to each other. Would love to chat w/your hubs about that!
  #1989   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 03:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Still feeling a bit "wonky" this morning. It must be the "summer complaint". That is an old term that my Mother used to use. When someone didn't feel well in the heat of summer, they were said to have the "summer complaint".

One more night of putting the cream on my nose to kill this spot of skin cancer. I am SO tired of having a bright red spot the size of a quarter on the end of my nose. The spot itself is small, but the area around it is very inflamed. I just hope the cream has worked and that it clears up.

Nic...aren't bunnies the best? When we doing the cemetery tour we came upon a baby and he just sat there as people walked by. I stood guard over him until all the people had walked by as I'm sure he would have gotten stepped on. He finally decided to get out of there and took off.

Trig...I hear you on trying to help the hubby change his diet. Mine asks me what he should do, but then just keeps doing what he's always done. Sigh...My hubby doesn't have a weight problem, but his Trig/HDL ratio is not good.

Blue...your evening out sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy & have that treat if you want. It's funny, lately I will tell myself that I can have a treat or eat whatever, but when it comes down to it, I just don't do it! This is so odd to me.

I'm heading to the golf course around 7:30 this morning. I'll be home around 1 and then I don't know what I'll get into. Probably nothing, as it's supposed to get hot & humid. Lazy!

Have a good day everyone!
  #1990   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 04:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I love a busy thread!

Leeann- You read a newspaper?!? I know it sounds so weird. Every now and again when it strikes me- I will go to the store on a Sunday and buy a newspaper, come come make a big pot of coffee and just read it. I love that. There is something so homey about a newspaper. One of my favorite memories is of my grandparents reading a newspaper and discussing it.

I didn't know your hubs was a writer too! What did he write a professional paper? I would love to talk to him too! that is very interesting. Then top that with the fact you are an avid reader! Most of us on here are avid readers.
Blue and I both have the writing bug as well. Although I have not yet completed a book! I love that you are having some wonderful relaxing summer days- well deserved.

Trig- thanks for the details of the vacay. I loved the visual of all the lights and decorating of the camp grounds. People that are avid RV's do that. It's their second home. Have you met others as well. I have heard that people do RV meet ups. Oh man what fun that would be. I could so do that- except the bugs.
I know you are WARRIOR ZERO! I get that- we fight it everyday to stay on track. Some days are easier than others.

BLUE- Can you please send me your twin! I need to clean out stuff too. Although I bet your house is stuffed to the gills. That is what happens when you stay in one place for a while. Ya start collecting things.
If ya moved like me every year or two- I can pack and move in a weekend! I travel really light now.

Love hearing about your nights out with friends. You have a ton of them. Have you ever lived anywhere else? The home you are in- have you lived there your entire married life? Love those older homes with character over these new builds that all look the same.
Enjoy your evening out!

Lori- hope you are not getting a summer "bug". Glad you are taking a day off boot camp. Do you run too? Do you do weights? What is your favorite thing about bootcamp? Do you have a routine? I know that with golf- you do a ton of walking. Do you carry your bag too? Dang gal! I need even a touch of your energy!
Are you still doing LC? Do you have a set amount you don't go over?

KMOM- I agree with BLUE- I bet you are ready to have your place to yourself. But would love to hear about your adventures of the past week!
------------------------------
All- Just humming along at work. We have "cleaned house now"- but that also means we are short staffed. But I say to the staff: do what you can. And at the end of the day- leave it at the door. I do what I can and leave it.

I am doing great with the WOE. But I got hit last night with watching a stupid commercial. Did I cave NO. But in my head I could taste it. I visualized myself getting into my car and heading straight over to Chic filet. Apparently they have a new BBQ sandwich. I was DROOLING over it. See I am STILL thinking about it.
Will I try it NO! It will not taste as good as being on plan! I love the "flat belly" No bloat, and feeling good. But it just goes to show how we have to daily so no at every meal. We are barraged at every turn, radio, TV, magazines, billboards, on and on.

Yup I got a package waiting for me in the office. (book) By the time I thought about going to get it the office was closed.
I am using a 30 day trial of Netflix. I think I will keep it. I would love however to lose my cable bill. But I do like the morning local news. I am going over my options. My son has some sort of "cable" I will go with. But I need to get that Roku box.

I will tell ya I have gotten hooked on a series I am now into season 2. It's called Once Upon a Time. It is a something that people my age would like. Because it brings to life all the old fairy tales we grew up with. Anyway- so all the characters "come to life" in real time. It is interesting. They all live in a city called Storybook.

Ok- enough of my rambling on- need to get productive and face the man!

Have a good one!
  #1991   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 05:45

BF:

Jaz I just bought my last roku for kid's bedroom tv. those things are great. love not having a cable bill, plus remember, with a cheap anteanna you can get local news on regular old free tv We do. In fact we took roku in the camper. with any wifi anywhere you can get netflix etc. We watched our netflix and hulu in the camper. I tell ya that is a savior for sure LOL

Lori, enjoy your golf day and sorry you got the rudolph nose happening. Is it skin cancer? Been to a doctor on it? I might have missed that in the threads.

Nicco waking a sleeping kid everyone takes their life into their own hands doing just that HAHA My kid is a bear some mornings, well most, til she has about 1 hr to really wake. Gosh I wonder if I was that much of a pain when young LOL

Blue, send that twin here please!! I also am still constantly cleaning away around here. things have got to go! more minimal the better for me
Your social night sounds like alot of fun!

HI ALL
still kinda brain dead. not back into the swing of things yet

kiddo ended up sleeping over with few friends. took her toothbrush etc. to her. quiet in the house, hubby working, kid gone, dog outside ahh the peace!

got nice ribeyes. 4 smaller in a pack. 2 today and 2 tomorrow

everyone have a fine day, off I go to get something done!!
  #1992   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 09:28

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Heart went out again on Monday (A-Fib). Probably will have the Cardioversion tomorrow. This will be the second one in six weeks. I am positive I will need to go on an anti-arythmic medicine after the shock.

Won't be posting much as I feel queasy from the medicine they have given me to try and convert my heart without doing the cardioversion.
  #1993   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 12:39

BF:

KMom...so sorry you're having trouble with your ticker. Hope some medication can settle things down.

Trig...yes, I have cream from the Dermatologist to use on suspected spots of skin cancer. If it doesn't get sore or inflamed, it is not cancer. If it reacts, it is. Trust me, it is. I go back to the Derm in August. I'm hoping this month of treatment has killed it. It's a mess. I can cover it pretty well with foundation and concealer, but it's a pain.

Jaz...yes, I am strictly LC, or as I refer to it, Keto. I don't really count carbs, but am sure they are well below 20 every day. Most of my carbs come from the few veggies that I eat, and some days I don't eat any. I've also added in the intermittent fasting. I try to fast for 18-20 hours most days when it fits with my schedule. About golf, I don't carry my clubs. My bag is WAY heavy. I like to put my clubs on a power cart and then walk, but today I put my clubs on my push cart and walked the whole course. About 6.5 miles. Our boot camp workouts are different every day. We never know what we're going until we get there. Some days we use dumbbells, some days it's just body weight exercises. Some days we do quite a bit of running, some days none. I need to start doing some running training as I'm meeting a bunch of friends in Boulder, CO next Memorial Day to run in the "Boulder Bolder" It is a 10k race. I'll be walking most of it, I'm sure. Between the 6.2 miles and the altitude, I'll be dying.

Had a good day on the golf course today with friends. A bunch of us are getting together for lunch tomorrow for one of the girl's birthday. I have an appt with my nutrition client in the afternoon. It's going to be a busy day!

Hope you've all had a good one!
  #1994   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 16:17

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

K-mom---- So sorry to hear you're getting hit with this again. Rest and let us know as you go. Hope this "cardioversion" does the trick.

Lori---I'm not surprised you're choosing not to have the treat even if you gave yourself permission. To me NOTHING is more motivating than a nice big loss! And 7 pounds down is fantastic. When I was sliding down the scale it was easy to say no.

Jaz---Agree that sometimes ads on TV just reach right out and try to grab ya and stuff those carbs down your gullet. The ones that get to me are the burgers and FRIES. Congrats on saying NO! But I know what you mean when you can picture yourself giving in. You didn't. You're in a good zone right now.

Trigger---Cool you have the Roku in the camper for when it rains, and it did! Sounds so cozy.

Nic---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crossed more things off my list today. Got my brother's B'day gift ordered. Found a really fun garden fountain and a table for it to sit on so it can be seen over the flowers. He's a big gardener, and a good one. I always sigh w/relief when I find something for him as really, the guy has everything.

Gotta run now. Off to the Reggae party. I've only had a small side salad for lunch, so whatever carbs I have today will be there. Thinking there's will be some really good LC stuff too. We get our choice of 4 Caribbean dishes, so hoping for something that keeps me a pretty good girl.
  #1995   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-17, 21:55

BF:
Progress:

So, back from the party.

All in all we had fun and loved spending time w/our friends. But the event was disappointing and way over priced, which has not been my experience at this club.

I had to really button my lip when I realized the ticket we bought for $40 a piece did not include any food or drinks, just the price to walk thru the door. Did not want to make our hosts feel bad.

The food, usually so excellent here, was not. We got a chance to ask a few folks who were already eating some of the choices given if they would recommend it. No, they would not. We heard "mediocre" and "over priced" again and again.

I was so hungry, and in the end I just decided to call it a full on treat night and ordered a cheeseburger w/bun and french fries. It was good and at least reasonably priced.

On the positive side, the night was beautiful, the stars were out, the pool was sparkling and the second band was at least decent. First band was terrible. And apparently this was what we were paying for to walk thru the door.

Oh and yeah, get this, it turns out it was a hybrid Gatsby/reggae party. HUH?!?! So anywho, the people watching was fun, some in hippy reggae threads, others in pearls and drop waist flapper dresses. Again....HUH?!? Nothing goes together like Gatsby and reggae right?

LOL, yeah, I needed to rant and now that I've spit it out, I'm going to bed with my book and will try not to think about what we spent tonight.
Closed Thread