Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Your favorite cardio video series!
The Firm 88 20.90%
Kathy Smith 26 6.18%
Richard Simmons 39 9.26%
Denise Austin 24 5.70%
Tamilee Webb 8 1.90%
Buns of Steel Series 6 1.43%
Gilad 10 2.38%
Taebo 90 21.38%
Kathy Ireland 0 0%
Cindy Crawford 6 1.43%
Jane Fonda 8 1.90%
Other 155 36.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 421. You may not vote on this poll

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 08:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

<font color="Blue"><B>Being of a more "Mature" age, I can't take a lot of stress on my joints so I chose to do Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away The Pounds." Don't let the title fool you; you definitely work up a sweat and it really works!

She has a 1 mile tape, a 2 mile tape, a 3 mile tape and an Abs tape. If I have a busy day, I pick the 1 mile tape; if I'm semi-busy, I do the 2 mile; if it's a slow day, I do the 3 mile tape. You can fit them into your schedule. I find, for me at least, that consistancy is what works; not killing myself.

I do "Walk Away The Pounds" Monday through Friday and I lift light weights on Tuesday and Thursday. I get weekends to rest my weary bones. I feel great! Oh....I also do crunches and leg lifts 5 days a week!

Morgan
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 11:17

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Another vote for Leslie Sansone's: Walk Away The Pounds!

~Danielle
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 02:29

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%
Cool Dear All...

I'm happy to report after finally ordering the WAP tapes from amazon.com...they have put me on the road to better health. I have successfully completed twenty-four days of walking away the pounds...six days a week! I have not been able to motivate myself to do any kind of consequtive exercise in years...this is a huge accomplishment for me...no pun intended.

They say...who ever "they" are...it takes twenty-one days to form a habit...from their mouths to G-d's ears. I hope...I pray...this will continue and my motivation will stay with me.

Thanks again to all of you for helping me find and obtain these worthwhile tapes.

THANK YOU, LESLIE!

Love & Light,
Pink
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 07:32

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

This may be a stupid question...but how is it your can Walk away the pounds from your living room - or do you literally listen to headsets and walk outside????

I'm interesting in walking, and want to know more about WATP
Thanks-
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:49

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

It's a set of two DVDs (or VHS). One DVD has a 1 mile/2mile walk and the other a three mile walk. There are basically four moves: Marching in place/walking, knee lifts, side steps and kicks. Leslie Sansone also incorporates 2lb weight balls for upper body strength. You go at your own pace and can always just stick to marching in place if the rest is too difficult - the beat of the music keeps you at a target heart rate (I wear a heart monitor - it works). Approximate running time: 1 mile = 18min, 2 mile = 30min, 3 mile = 47min.

All you need is a TV and a little space (your basically walking in place. You can purchase her weight balls or use any 2lb (or less) weight with a good grip OR grab two cans of soup or other easily held objects around the house of equal weight depending on your fitness level.

The above DVDs are "Walk Away The Pounds" deluxe 2 pack dvd edition. She has lots of other DVDs. Check out www.lesliesansone.com

Amazon reviews for her older tapes were mixed. it seems she has really grown into being in front of a camera. They say she appeared awkward in her older tapes. Her newer items get great reviews.

~Danielle

Last edited by CantEven : Thu, Aug-14-03 at 10:06.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:22

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

i have her older tapes and newer dvd's, i haven't tried WAP 2&3 but plan too. i love her workouts but have a hard time with her yakety yak so what i have done is play the tape or dvd several times until i can follow the workout and now i just mute her and put on my own upbeat music and have a great workout. i switch out between old and new and throw in richard simmons 'sweating to the oldies' just so i don't get bored
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 12:14

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

As I read the ton of posts on this and other threads I was impressed at the attitude of "get what you need for home" and forget the gym. I love the gym, but it's not in my budget right now.

If I can do low budget things at home, then I can accomplish just as much here as at the gym.

Besides no waiting for a shower, I carry my brand of soap and shampoo, refreshments are free, no worry about personals getting stolen, and my "facility" is very private!!! '-)

Thanks for the update on WATP tapes.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 15:26

Plan: SF, grain free, vegan
Stats: 230/208.2/199 Female 5'2"
BF:More than enough
Progress: 70%
Cool Hey, Randi Sue et al...

I purchased "Walk Away the Pounds" from amazon.com. I believe the total was between $25-$30. The package contained three VHS tapes...one, two and three mile walks plus two weights. The weights are thick vinyl balls to fill with water. She has since come out with a four mile tape also. Today marked my 29th mile! I am thrilled.

Hope you will love them as much as I do. Happy walking.

Love & Light,
Pink
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 14:10

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Talking my language here! There's a pack of home workout fans over at www.videofitness.com, and I'm one of them. So many videos, so little time!

Right now, I'm into my fourth week of the Beachbody Slim Series, and really enjoy them. Opinions are mixed though on the videofitness forum.

Other favorites:
Bodypump
Christi Taylor (step, floor aerobics)
Cathe Friedrich (step, weights)
Cory Everson "Get Hard Arms"

And that's the tip of the iceberg.
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 13:28
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Ok, I'm too lazy to read the last 5 pages so this may have been mentioned - but the Fitprime tapes are great! They are former members of the Firm and take their workouts up a notch. My favorite so far is G-Force...weight training and cardio with a rebounder. Tough!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 04:55

Plan: Atkins/Low carb
Stats: 187/134/134 Female 5' 7"
BF:15%
Progress: 100%

Hi all

Boy I've been M I A a long time. I do alot of posting on Fitprimes Low Carb and exercise site.

I loved the Firm videos, but since FitPrime, I'd have to say they they are the next best thing to Firm. I really Love Tracy longs videos and Susan Harris. They are very challenging and the music is Great. Heidi Tanner is Awesome in From the Ground Up. Actually most of Fitprimes videos are awesome. They remind me of the older Firm Videos. Seems like the newer firms aren't as challenging as they use to be. Also Anna will be doing 3 video leads for the first time, these are scheduled to be deliverd this month.. I so can't wait.

If none of you have done already, maybe you should check out FitPrimes web page. It's open house for a while. www.fitprime.com

Have a great day.

Marie
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01
Favorite video, easy....Dorian Yates "Blood & Guts" workout

Yep!!!!!!!
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 09:34

Plan: general
Stats: 135/135/125 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Cathe Fridrick

Alot of people have never heard of her. If you are an advanced exerciser then these videos are the best on the market. I have worked out intensely for years mostly at gyms but my life has gotten so hectic it's too hard for me to find the time to get there. These videos are hard!!!!! She has cardio and weight training. I highly recommend them. Even if you are intermediate you should try them and modify it to suit your level of fitness.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 06:36

Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

I adore Taebo!!! I have lsomething like sixteen workouts now. I do an hour five days a week, and two days a week I do a half hour basic with extra upper body strength training. Taebo is just the most amazing cardio. I have never found an exercise program I'm so excited to do every morning. Usually, my attention span is way to short to attempt any serious fat burning. Just my two cents. Emmsy
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 09:37
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I just bought some taebo - they are good. Which do you have Emmsy? I bought the 4 tapes - instructional, basic, advanced and 8minute workout.