Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-09, 10:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the Jillian Michaels 30 Get Ripped one and this P90 one? I have JM and haven't been able to get through it - just TOO much for me. I wonder if P90 is any easier. The jumping jacks and push ups do me in. It seems like JM does them every few minutes too. How many times do you have to do them with P90? What else do you do on it? I do not watch tv, so have not seen the ads.
Also - Kandra and Gweny70, are you still on the forum???? How did it go for you? Were you able to stick with it the 90 days? With what results?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-09, 15:21

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Hey there Cats!

Yep, I'm still here...just not as much of late! I unfortunately haven't made it through a full 90 days yet...not because the program isn't great..IT IS! But because I've allowed life to get in the way.

Did I have good results-Absolutely! Even without noticing a big drop in the scale right away (water retention when your muscles swell for the first few weeks) I could see and feel a difference. I had people ask me if I had lost any weight within only 2 weeks of doing the program daily. The scale hadn't really moved more then a pound or two but they were noticing already? And on a girl my size that's surprising...it normally takes a good 30 lbs (or more)before people notice when your my size. I am kicking myself now for not staying with the program & making it a continual priority.

To answer your questions I don't have the Power 90X...only the Power 90...which is older and a lot less intense. If you look at reviews on Amazon.com or something they might have more details. You can even go to the beachbody website which sells both products and see reviews and probably find a better description then what I can provide.

Basically Power 90 is basic moves...not fancy dancing or hard steps to follow. You do a cardio tape one day and the strength tape the next day and repeat the cycle for 6 days a week. There is also a Level 1 set and a Level 2 set. I also have the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I would definitely say it is tougher then the Power 90. IMO Power 90 is by no means easy but it is doable...and it's not so long that you dread the work outs. There aren't jumping jacks but there are push ups...but he breaks them up..and really even in only a week or two of doing the program the number of push ups's I could do increased dramatically. And I saw results right away. The Power 90x looks intense and it would be something that most people would probably move on to after they did a couple rounds of Power 90. I've read a few reviews of people saying Power 90 is boring or they don't like the music, the trainer, etc. Personally I like it...it's easy to follow, there's no fancy moves, and he gives you good instruction on good form and even alternatives for some of the harder moves. It's basic stuff and I see results right away. I definitely recommend it and am planning to start back at it starting July 1. Whatever you decide to try out Best of Luck!

Last edited by gweny70 : Thu, Jun-25-09 at 15:30.