Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/258/200 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Hi All... Back again.

Hello everyone. Many years ago, I benefitted from some great people and great advice on this board. My situation isn't as bad now as it was then, but I have had about 50 pounds creep back on me. I found comfort in carbs as I was dealing with various family struggles.

I'm back and hoping to drop as much as I can in the next 75 days before my blood work. Any support or words of encouragement would be welcome.

Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 22:31

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Chris, You can do it and you're right this is a great place to get the party started!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 00:52

Plan: currently at <50g carb/d
Stats: 208/203.1/136 Female 5ft 9.5in
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Chris, I'm back after a long episode away too. Welcome. Why not go beyond 75 days?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 10:11

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Welcome back, Chris! Like they say on that sneaker commercial, just do it ... and we'll be here for company, inspiration, information and an ear.

Comfort food is a slippery slope, I'm an emotional eater too, but I find that having a small collection of low-carb comfort food around helps a great deal.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-17, 22:58
Registered Member

Stats: 310/258/200 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks everyone... I'm doing great and even doing some IF when I get a little stuck...

I do plan on continuing all the way, but I am trying to be extra perfect so my cholesterol is okay on the next stick.

Already down 23 pounds. I'm the only person in my group of friends losing weight during the holidays. :-)

Thank you all for the support. I did get the carb flu again. I forgot how that felt... icky.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 04:18

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back, Chris,

There is "new" information about cholesterol being an "energy system" where LDL numbers can be influenced by fat in your diet in the short-term. Net down, eat more fat and don’t fast more than the recommended time before the blood draw. (Opposite of what many think may improve their numbers)

Dave Feldman is the engineer behind this idea http://cholesterolcode.com. Details on the first page of his website, may enjoy his interview with Zdogg. http://cholesterolcode.com/jammin-w...incidentreport/

There are a few threads about this on the first page of the Cholesterol/Heart sub-forum. Also if you are actively losing weight, your blood lipids can be messed up from that...fat has to go somewhere so released into blood stream. Consider getting a CAC if worried about heart disease. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Dec-11-17 at 06:41.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 07:18

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Another terrific podcast interview with Dave Feldman about the "Inversion Pattern" with a well-known Cardiologist. Spoiler alert: the highest total and LDL cholesterol readings Dave ever had were after 2 1/2 days fasting. Eat your normal LCHF diet before blood tests, unless you want to test the inversion pattern.
http://drbretscher.com/boundless-health-podcast/

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Dec-13-17 at 08:37.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 08:44

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome back Chris, I think we have all fallen down once or twice...lol

The good thing is you are back, Best of Luck to ya, drop by sometime, I love company, ttyl
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 11:57

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris789
Thanks everyone... I'm doing great and even doing some IF when I get a little stuck...

I do plan on continuing all the way, but I am trying to be extra perfect so my cholesterol is okay on the next stick.

Already down 23 pounds. I'm the only person in my group of friends losing weight during the holidays. :-)

Thank you all for the support. I did get the carb flu again. I forgot how that felt... icky.

IF is the way to go Chris, It works wonders. keep at it. Also try making this a way of life, for ever.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-17, 09:55

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

You are far from the first to backslide, and you won't be the last

Welcome back and congrats on being halfway there already!