Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 10:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/178.8/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Struggling after 3 days???

I started Adkins on Monday and today I gained weight?? I'm following the plan to the letter, working out every day, drinking green tea/water, eating enough protein and allowed veggies,etc. Each day I've lost over a pound but can't understand why the gain? Also, cannot get into ketosis?? I'm committed to getting the weight off but frustrated....any suggestions
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 11:17

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

The scale in general will fluctuate. How much protein are you eating? Try and give an example of you daily food intake, plus try not to weigh everyday...I know its hard not to and I myself do because curiosity wins every time....How do you know your not in ketosis? Sometimes it can take a week or longer to transition into ketosis. If using keto sticks..sometimes they are not accurate.

Hang in there
Happy low-carbing
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 14:13

Stats: 151.7/135.0/125 Female 5'1 inch
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yes, 3 days isn't enough time to tell anything. Please hang in there and keep following the rules! I had to document everything I ate to get an idea of what 18-20 carbs really looks like. I'm 2 months in and still document! also, if you must weigh in daily just write it down but take the weekly average and you'll see! I'm steadily 1 pound down each week, that makes me smile. I know I could cut my protein shakes, nuts, and my cinnamon/cream cheese/splenda dessert at night and probably do better, but I'm ok with that. It keeps me on track and I don't feel deprived of anything.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-17, 23:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, IF, VLCHFLC
Stats: 375/270/225 Male 6ft 0in
BF:Nope I'm Straight
Progress: 70%

Like others have said it is a little early to stress about at the 3 day mark. Your banner says you are doing induction and intermittent fasting. It can take up to a week to get rolling in the right direction. I have been a long time low carber and when I went into trucking I was forced into a different way of eating. I have come back to it. This time around I looked into any new trends and read a lot about the need for fat. I chose to limit my protein and add more fat than my original LC plan and it has been wonderful. The intermittent fasting has also been a big help. you will get there

write down every thing you eat (include condiments) and drink and if you do not see some results in a week post your diary
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-17, 09:09

Stats: 181/178.8/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I'm keeping a daily journal with all food eaten, exercise, moods, etc...typical day consists of a couple of eggs scrambled in coconut oil, coffee with cream, or an Atkins shake, snack is an Asian inspired soup made with broth, bok choy, mushrooms, lean beef, fresh ginger and chinese 5 spice, another snack is a cheddar cheese stick, main meal usually a serving of beef, pork or chicken, tossed salad with allowed veggies and EVOO & vinegar then a side of steamed broccoli rabe with EVOO & garlic, if hungry later I will have a foil packet of tuna or salmon. Drinking 64 ounces of decaf green tea with 2 packets of stevia. I cook everything in advance so that it's ready to go. I go to a gym and do 30 minutes worth of strength training then I walk 10K steps almost every day at work.
Not to worry......I may be disappointed but not giving up!!! Love the diet, just wish the diet was loving me more. Like most, want that instant gratification. Thanks for your help, y'all!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-17, 14:30

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

You need more fat. For Atkins to work fat needs to be your biggest macro. Make sure you are eating enough calories too.