Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-14, 19:48

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Small Milestone But a Biggie For Me

YAY I have been on plan for 8.5 solid weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a calander with sticker stars on it for each day that I eat low carb and don't binge. I feel like such a little kid for it but every night (or the next morning) I put a new sticker on it and I see how long I have gone eating clean and it gives me a little bit of a cheap thrill.

I'm sure the newbies will scoff at my little milestone but anyone thats been on this forum for a while knows me and knows how hard it has been for me to stay on plan and my binge eating, that nasty voice in my head and how hard I fall.

I have been on and off plan for. . . 6 years now, mostly off. I have lost a lot of weight 3 times now and have even gotten to 160 lbs a few times but always regained due to binging. Cravings and binge eating get me anywhere from day 1 to day 22, but usually around day 3. I don't know what kept me going this time. I remember back in the end of january my Dr told me I weighed 214 lbs and I cried on the way home. I couldn't hide from the reality of his scale. I always did figure that his scale adds on several pounds, from shoes and clothes to end of day water weight so I have told myself that I was starting at 210 lbs this go round. He put me on Antidepresent and an anxiety pill and I felt much better. I have since cut out the anxiety pill and only use them for those times that I'm about to mentaly unravell. This mornings weight was 188.4 lbs, I've bounced around at this for 2 weeks now but its better than I was.

I took my temp this morning and I was 96 degrees, kinda cool don't you think? My Dr won't run any more tests, he says my T3 and T4 are in good shape so I'm just on Levothyroxin. But considering my symptoms are still here for low thyroid (but not as bad) I have been looking into more natural approaches to giving my thyroid a boost and seeing if it works.

My next goal is 180 lbs and of course 12 weeks LC Would prefer them to be in that order But we all know that very well may not happen in order

Nancy I get my salt and Potassium every day, don't miss it for anything! No leg cramps and my BP very seldom drops any more when I stand up My sugar levels don't drop any more either, I can go without food for a very long period of time without feeling bad, just a little hunger. Except for today, i was hungry as hell today
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-14, 20:59

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Love the sticker idea!!!
I have a slightly under active thyroid and I have been taking kelp extract and a Brazil nut a day. My last test was more in the normal range? so who knows, it may be working
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-14, 21:31

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Hi, don't underestimate the importance of that record keeping -- have you ever taken a look at the 'master of my domain' thread? Length of time eating on plan, eating clean, and a lot of people keep themselves conscious and responsible to their commitment by recording their days as master of their domain!! Enjoy your milestone!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-13-14, 10:01

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congratulations!

Don't feel embarrassed by your sticker chart -- if it's stupid but works, it ain't stupid!

Like you, I've been off and on (almost entirely off) for over twelve years. I finally had to cave and have bariatric surgery because it was obvious that I wasn't going to make it through willpower alone and my health was just getting too wrecked to let things continue as they were. So you just go right ahead and use your stickers because they are working and working is smart!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-13-14, 13:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Congrats! That's an excellent record for you.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-13-14, 16:56

BF:

Thanks everyone ! I'm a bit tickled myself and traveling and eating LC is getting easier but traveling is tough when trying to find the right foods!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-15-14, 21:42
Craft Ninja!

Plan: Dr. Atkins/Dr. Westman
Stats: 204/194/169 Female 5'6" inches
BF:high wght over 204
Progress: 29%

The stickers are a great idea!
Great job!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-21-14, 09:18

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

What's the saying - if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's working for you, that's all that matters! Congrats. Keep up the good work!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-14, 16:17

BF:

I have found that fruit causes a binge, mainly watermellon. That bite of watermellon caused all kinds of problems and then I ended up eating more fruit and then a day of eating basicly what I wanted. Thankfully I didn't want much of it.

This mess started on June 4th and I got things under control June 13th with 4 days off plan in between. I am now on plan and I can eat a few strawberries 3-4 without a problem (from my garden). I'm not mad at the missing stickers on the calander but its pushing me harder to fix what I screwed up. Wish I always had this kind of mantality.

I have had those moments the past few days where I want to say "screw it" and eat the junk but I know what I want and what I need to do.