Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 23:48
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/241/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Greetings!!!

Hello to all of you! I have been reading all of your helpful advice this past month and decided to write myself. I'v really enjoyed reading your joys, screams and frustrations.

I was overjoyed about two months ago I discovered TSP! To make a long story short the woman in TSP book who she called "Elizabeth" could have been me! It was amazingly VERY similar. I took one month and started progesterone cream and noticed a difference right away. A wonderful difference. I started my period!!!!! Ithen started the eating plan. I was amazed at the wonderful feeling I had I no longer felt poisioned! As I have noticed some of you have said you use her list of foods, then ajust it for you. I finally have a variety of menus that works for me. It took time and work to ajust. And what a joy to discover this tremendous plan!!!!!

Then I needed to find an exercise plan I hate to exercise! I like to walk and swim but it rains alot here...anyway I bought a Tony Little Gazelle Freestyle. I love it. It is for anyone who hates exercise. There is no impact and you get a really good workout. I can feel my wieght dropping but more then that...I am getting healthy!
So glad I found all of you,
Ohara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 13:15

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Hi Ohara and welcome! It sounds as though the plan is working for you.

I am going to get her bk. out and look up 'Elizabeth'. Sp is one of the few books I get out of the shelf and look thru again , but always pick up a new idea or thought, when I do.

My favorite exercise is walking, but when the weather is bad I have a treadmill. I get lower back pain if I use it very often, and have been considering a gazelle (or something similar ~ looking in the used market) before winter comes again. do you notice any problem with back pain from it? Also, does it fold and store easily?

I had the experience with some items from infomercials looking so "easy and light weight/easy to store..." and then finding it very difficult to do either in reality. ~~ the power rider I bought turned out like that! Just wondering ?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 14:02
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks,
To answer your questions about the Gazelle I have two bad disks and it does'nt seem to effect my back in a negative way at all. They say they are easy to store away but I would suggest leaving it out. It would be a real headache to keep putting it away and hauling it out all the time. It really does'nt take up alot of room. I have a small office in my home and it fits great along a short wall.
Hopes this helps.
Ohara
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 20:53

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Welcome, Ohara

Congratulations on finding TSP. I've been on the program for almost 4 months and feel so great!

I have a question: Where do you get progesterone cream? Is it something you have to have prescribed?

I am on BC pills to "correct" my PCOS. The pill I'm on is called Yasmin. And it's made a world of difference. But also, I know from lots of reading I have done that low-carbing (specifically more protein) can help or even reverse the syndrome. I am planning on going off the pills in 3 to 6 months to see if I can have normal periods.

Hope to see you around lots,
;-Deb
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 00:34
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up progesterone cream

Hi Deb,
I have really enjoyed reading your progress!

I did alot of reading about progesterone cream, and had seen what a difference it made on people. I cannot say enough about how GREAT this stuff is. I buy it at the health food store. I'v read various times that this along with low carbing reverses pcos. I'm a complete naturalist. I have terrible reactions with synthetic birth control, and am afraid what it might be doing to the rest of me. I started understanding this and caring about natural products about five years ago. And as time goes that belief is growing. That is probably the reason I was so taken with SP. That and the fact I'm now 40 years old and realize I need to get serious.

Hope you try it .
Take care,
Ohara
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 03:53

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

HI

Deb, I didn't know you were a fellow PCOSer!!!

I think this paln works really well for PCOSers and I have recommedned it to other women in my group.
As you know PCOS is genetic so I have recommended it also to my Mam and Sister.

My mother is really getting into it and is planning to start thsi week, I really hope she gets the same benefits as me.

Clo
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 11:14

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Thanks Clo and Ohara

Clo, I kinda figured it was genetic, but it's not on my mom's side, I get it from my dad's side. One of my aunts has all the same problems as I do. In fact, she is the one who gave me my copy of TSP. However, she started out following the program and then quit. I have been sending her emails and she tells me that she is very inspired, but she hasn't started yet. I am hoping she will because she has a worse weight problem than I do.

;-Deb