Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 05:42

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool I have returned

I have been an active member on here twice before. In 2009 I lost 90lbs. and rent from 275 to 185. I was all excited when I went to my cardiologist thinking I would get off medication. Instead I was diagnosed with AFIB, and put on Warfarin (Rat Poison). I was doing everything right, losing weight and walking 5 miles a day. I got depressed because I thought was is the use. I went back up to 275. In 2017 I went on low carb again and lost 65 lbs. this time from 275 to 210. I had minor foot surgery in Nov. 2017 and relaxed my eating habits. I went back up to 235. I retired in April 2018 and allowed myself to veg out for 2 months. Now I am back with my old mindset and at age 70 I cannot fall off the wagon again. My starting weight is 235 and I have lost 8 lbs. the first week.
My old scale was being over protective and hiding 20 lbs from me. When I would go to the doctor I would always attribute that to the clothes I was wearing - you know heavy shoes. LOL May 25th I went to the doctor wearing gym shorts a t-shirt and sandals, and I weighed 235. I couldn't blame the difference between my scale and the doctors scale on clothes. On the way home from the doctors I went to Walmart and bought a new electronic scale and it agrees with the doctors office.
I have got back into the groove pretty quick and Fit Day shows I am averaging 1053 calories and 9 carbs. I even bought an electronic food scale because I am bad at estimating food portions. 8.4 lbs lost in the first week is not too shabby, but I know part of that is water weight, and I am shooting for 2 lbs a week. Slow and steady is what works for me. I felt slim at 185, and I used to have an unreasonable goal of 155 because my scale was lying. I am shooting for a goal weight of 165-175. Like I said I am not a rookie here so I am positive low car works.
Sponsored Links