Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 17:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

HI Lois, I'm going to Richmond Hill on Friday (taking a well earned vacation day), and going to see your Chocolate Lady. Is there any other place in that neighbourhood that I shouldn't miss.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 19:14

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Lois - Shopping Information

Sharon,
Thought you'd come into the big city before we get our first blanket of snow..good idea. After the chocolate lady then you might want to go to Noahs at 7117 Bathurst St. and in this same plaza is the restaurant I had chosen for our LC dinner that never happened. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant..it's cheap and the portions are huge, and the food is grilled fresh and loaded with fresh garlic. If you don't want the potatoe or rice or pita they bring you a double salad..no charge. Enjoy, and let us all know how it goes. At Weston Road and highway 7 there are a bunch of "box stores" maybe 50 or so and most are designer outlet stores - incredible prices and a great place to do your X-mas shopping. There is a HUGE new Costco there as well. And you might want to take in an Imax movie shere there are 18 other theatres all under one roof! I could go on but if you are only here for one day - that's enough already! Have fun Sharon...Lois
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 19:24

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Sharon,

I forgot to tell you the name of the restaurant I recommended in Noah's plaza - it's called Meron Brother's - it's Russian/Middle Eastern. You must get there before 5:45 or you WILL have to stand in line. You cannot make a reservation...it's just too popular - the word is out!! Lois
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 19:32

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Lois OT

HI Lois
I had to check my date and see if Iwas missing a day. Did you notice that the date beside your post says the 8th. ? Not that it is important. I have been busy writing report cards so have not been very attentive on the forum here?
I have been eatinglow carb though.
Have fun
NNN
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 19:42

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Smile

NNN
The only date I see is the 7th beside everyone of my posts. Strange...could it be your computer? Wa'il what is going on here? Lois
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 20:04

Plan:
Stats: 175/140/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Dates

Strange but I saw it again and I did check my dates om my email and they all say the 7th. Maybe it is me but t still says the 8th beside your post on the left handside and a the top at the header as I first came in. Must be me then.
Hmm Now I wonder why.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 20:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Re: Times

Yes, the time will differ based on your time zone and your profile entries. Example I use a minus 3 offset in my profile to reflect the difference between my zone (BC) and the eastern standard time (ON).

If you have set your time based on GMT offset in your profile, change it to an offset based on estern time.

By default, nothing needs to be changed if you want to see the eastern time next to posts.

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 20:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default time zones

. . . and you all have me to blame, because I whined and complained, way back when there was nobody here but me and Wa'il, so there. Neener, neeener,neeeeeeeeeener.

Teeheee, Doreen, in Ontario. Eastern Daylight Time.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-00, 20:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Oh I forget about the old days (last week ) it was set to BC, and we played with it a bit. My memory span is about 3 hourse max!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-00, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Shopping Friday- Lois

Thanks Lois, I will look for the mall and Costco. I'll be over that way in the morning though, so unfortunately, I won't be able to do an evening dinner, BUT...the deal is that my B.F. teaches in Brampton, drives from Owen Sound daily. I drop him off in the morning (like 8:00 a.m. start), and then I have until 2:30 in the afternoon to do whatever. We usually do Red Lobster then and a show at Trinity Common in Brampton. I thought early in the morning I'll shop a couple grocery stores and see if I can find any goodies not available here (they are always open early), and then I can head over to Richmond Hill, as I would assume most store won't open until 10:00. Thanks again for all your shopping tips...we appreciate the information.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-00, 07:04

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Sharon,

You are going to Thornhill, not Richmond Hill. It's OK I get my hills mixed up too! The chocolate lady is located just south of #7 in a strip mall beside Swiss Chalet on the west side and shares a parking lot with the Promonade Shopping Mall which is still further south. Do you have the Natural Life Health Market's address? Lois