Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 13:14
Starting Over

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/169/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking Low Carb Mommies Unite!

Hi!
I am the mother of a 4 month old boy (Jacob) and I am back on a low carb diet. So far it's going great...I am the member of a new induction thread and our group is doing well. I'm looking for other mom's who are low carbing to talk about the low carb lifestyle and also discuss our kids, because I don't have a lot of other mom's to talk to out here and I could use the support. Hope to have some people join me on this thread!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 14:38

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

Hi Jenn-
I actually noticed one of your posts before and was going to write but my kids were acting up!!
I have 3 children and hoping for a #4! I ahve identical twin boys that will be 4 in April-Jace and Jadon and I have a 10 mth old baby girl Skyler.
After I had my twins I started atkins and lost all of my baby weight-I had gotten up to 200lbs prg w/ the twins-I was on bed rest from 30 weeks and on. So I ate and ate and ate and ate!!!
I tried SBD since I am still nursing Skyler and lost some weight but I really need the higher fat. I lose faster on atkins. Right now I am only nursing my daughter 1 to maybe 2x a day---so I feel better about doing inductions levels-I don't totally count my carbs but I know it's around 20-25ish.
Well it's nice to meet you!! Hope to see you around
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-05, 19:20
Starting Over

BF:

Hey I guess I should not have started a new thread on a Saturday! Nobody's here!! Anyway if there are any other mommies who want to join us I'd love to hear from you!

Twinmomma, thanks so much for your response...I'm going to be asking you TONS of baby questions. YOU are an expert!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 07:33
Starting Over

BF:

*sigh*...I had to leave Jake at daycare today and he just started solid foods on Saturday. It's been so fun feeding him that I actually got sad when I had to drop him off. I hate work today...I hate all mondays! Oh well, I guess I'll get over it!

Unfortunately I haven't been drinking enough water lately, and I am about to get my TOM so I had better start now or I'll feel like the stay puff marshmallow man by Wednesday!!