Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 09:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/170.5/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Anyone cheat when the kids drive you nuts?

Anyone out there cheat (or tempted to cheat) whenever your kids act up? 9 out of 10 days, we have a great time and I can tolerate the fits, but every now and then I find myself thinking, "okay, either someone is goin' down, or I'm gonna eat some M&M's!...or at the very least LC chocolates!" Yes, the logic is screwy, but I'm an emmotional eater--trying to break the cycle. Just curious if any of you struggle with the same thing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 22:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/142.5/139 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 95%

Every once in a while I feel that way, but I haven't cheeted in 10 months! Instead I choose LC chocolate or macademia nuts!
Ro
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-12-04, 06:41

Stats: 275/159/145 Female 5 feet five inches
BF:
Progress: 89%

Hi, i have 2 boys, a 2 and a 7 year old. When I am at the point of going crazy I crank up the tunes and within minuites they are in the living room dancing. I made a CD that I call Sanity Tunes, a bunch of really good songs that I know most of the words to so I put my focus somewhere other then the kitchen.
Works for me.
Astrid
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 10:12
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

Absolutely!

This is a huge trigger for me...anger and frustration drive me straight to the fridge....

I think seriously that I have every trigger known to man ...and even then some...sigh
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 12:11
Registered Member

Stats: 245/238/150 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 7%

Whenever my kids drive me nuts...I'm so ready to walk to the fride and binge or ever have thoughts of driving to go get fast food. It is a trigger for me to eat when they are all screaming or fighting. I have 4 boys 3,5,8,and 12. I am a stay at home mom and hubby is working full time and going to school full time. I also have no less than 2 other kids here. All boys All the time...LOL
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 22:11
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

This happens to me whenever my stepkids act up. They are 12 and 14 and I think they should be beyond the hitting and fighting. They are mostly great, but about once a month they have a big stupid brawl and both end up sobbing, and I feel like hiding with a piece of chocolate cake or a couple of beers. Luckily I don't usually do it. We had them for Thanksgiving though and they went at it everyday. I gave in and drank my beer when they went home.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 06:44

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

OMG, YES!!!! I have 3 boys (15, 13, 7) and if I get overwhelmed by them I sometimes feel like I "deserve" to have a treat, I should order out for dinner because I've had a stressful day, and I want to stuff my face with junk. Like Afabmom, I usually have my 3 boys here and then another 2, 3, 4, 5 boys hanging out here, too! All boys, all the time... Love em all and 99.9% of the time they're just the greatest but that 0.1% can tempt me to head for the fridge... I've gotten really good with self-talk, tho, and realizing that it's just not going to solve anything or make me feel better -- it will make me feel WORSE because not only has the stressful situation not gone away, but now I've added guilt and disappointment for going of plan to the mix!!

Take care,

Nicole
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 16:50

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking For sure!

I started Low Carb on 1 Jan 03, stuck with it faithfully, no cheating at all until one day last spring, the kids just about did me in, and I fell off the wagon into a bag of chocolate chip cookies. That was the day that the 2 year old got into the toilet that somebody forgot to flush, the 4 year old was eating ground cloves and decided that they tasted gross, so she dumped them into a new box of cereal, and then my 6yr old came in the house and dumped sand from her shoes all over the floor. This all happened within 10 min of getting home from work, so I just went right to the cupboard to "handle" it!

Donna
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 09:41
Registered Member

Stats: 160/157/130 Female 5 feet  6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

This is exactly what I do. I have 4 kids. Two girls ages 9 and 7 and two boys ages 4 and almost 1. But my husband can do it to me even worse than the kids. Actually I have 5 kids.

Last edited by paysthebil : Wed, Jan-05-05 at 10:25. Reason: spelling error
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 10:44
Registered Member

Stats: 270/267/170 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default me too!!

I have 4 kids as well... 2 boys 13 and 11, 2 girls 8 and 4 and I am so thankful that I put them on the bus to go to school this morning after Christmas break. I am just starting induction and there bickering yesterday almost sent me running for the nearest bag of doritos.... When they get real bad I send them to their rooms and tell them Mama needs a " Time Out"
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 10:02
Registered Member

Stats: 160/157/130 Female 5 feet  6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

That is funny. I have to start over. I had a good day and then woke up at 12am and didn't fall back to sleep until 4am. Oh course got to get them ready for the bus in the morning so I couldn't sleep in. I tried everything to fall asleep including eating carbs and bad ones too. you get desparate in the middle of the night. really sucked.