Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-12, 18:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%
Default Mom's Evolution Fitness Program

Brilliant and hilarious:

Quote:
CORNELIUS, NC (WBTV) - When Missy Isom gave birth to her daughter, she dreaded going to fitness classes and leaving her baby. So the fitness guru came up with an idea to workout with her baby.

Moms Evolution was born.

"It was very important for me to bond with my daughter when she was first born. So that's how I developed Moms Evolution where we can have a workout and have that bonding time," Isom said.

She moved into Cornelius-based Kadi-Fit and started a program where mothers are encouraged to come and bring their babies to use in the workout routine. We found Lisa Donnellan at Monday's class with her 3-month-old daughter Emma Grace.

"It's all Moms so they all understand if your baby starts crying. They don't care what you look like when you get here and they lend a hand and it's so great to be able to work out with my baby," said Donnellan.

Mothers are encouraged to use their babies as weights as they lay on their backs and do what's compared to a bench press with the baby as the weight.

The program is designed not only to help mothers stay fit, but to encourage a place where moms can be around other moms as a support system. Isom says the program is heading into its second year and is more successful that ever.

Experts say exercising soon after child-birth can help curb issues with post-partum depression.

The group meets twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.

For more information check out www.momsevolution.com

URL: http://www.wbtv.com/story/16691822/...ight?hpt=us_bn5
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-12, 13:36

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_cohn
It reminds me of Milo of Croton.
Quote:
He (Milo) was said to have achieved the feat of lifting the bull by starting in childhood, lifting and carrying a newborn calf and repeating the feat daily as it grew to maturity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton