Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-13, 10:08

Plan: Atkins Indunction (DANDR)
Stats: 205/202/130 Female 5'2 or 62''
BF:42%/???/28%
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove
Thanks so much. I think you are doing great, btw! I did Atkins years ago before I found out I am have celiac.. Then no dairy either for me. So it can be a challenge to get foods that work for me but I know I need the fat... Sometimes, I just don't get hungry though. Today I worked out two hours and did not until 3... That was 24 hours since I last ate! I had to remind myself time to eat....
I might try adding some berries or more veggies to help my appetite moving. Also, I finally bought a good probiotic. And this helps with digestive issues which can make me not hungry if I don't use the restroom.
What is your favourite workout?

I think the berries and veggies idea is great! Just a little will go along way health wise.
Right now my fav workout is the step class... yeah never thought I would say that. lol I like it because I sweat my tail off and I get pushed much farther than I would ever push myself! I also like walking away feeling like I did something. I am naturally competitive so having people around me gives me that extra drive to push farther. I like weights too... not to gain large muscle definition but I enjoy seeing the toned contour look it gives. And you can see fairly quick results. however, I've been hanging back from doing too much of that yet since I still have quite a ways to go... it's on my schedule though as soon as I get around the 150 lbs mark. I can't wait! I did read lastnight that drinking 1-2 cups of broth an hour before a workout gives you extra sodium to help sustain a workout! So I'm going to try it today!

What types of workouts do you do?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-13, 17:07
Registered Member

Plan: paleo and ketogenic
Stats: 120/113/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi
I love step aerobics as well, however, my gym has limited classes on step. I do lots of weight training (4 times) a week, aerobics, 2 or 3 times and I try for hot yoga once

I would much rather prefer all cardio because I prefer cardio.

I think it is great to hear you are exercising! I know for myself, I can't live without it most days.

Off to write a paper and going to gym in a bit.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-13, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove
Hi
I love step aerobics as well, however, my gym has limited classes on step. I do lots of weight training (4 times) a week, aerobics, 2 or 3 times and I try for hot yoga once

I would much rather prefer all cardio because I prefer cardio.

I think it is great to hear you are exercising! I know for myself, I can't live without it most days.

Off to write a paper and going to gym in a bit.

I used to belong to a gym and would go at 5am because of kids and life. I love workingout in the morning!! Its only been in the past several years that it's become more difficult to go. Hence the weight gain and suffering... lol I really missed it though. I thought about it so much I think my mind thought I was going. lol

I always did the zumba and yoga classes!! Now my office has a small gym for the employees and an aerobics instructor who comes 1x a day. I started off doing the gym on my own with 40 min cardio and weight training rotating everyother day. Now Im at 12 weeks and my "excitement" has worn down so I started taking the class. Today was just toning but it burned!! lol I love being pushed to my limit!

I know what you mean about can't live without it for most days!! I don't get much cardio in on the weekends outside of walking but come Monday I'm always excited to get back in the gym!!

By the way.... how often do you switch up your workouts?? I jump around every 5-6 weeks to prevent muscle memory and to "shock" my body into seeing results. this is my third round of switching things up and it seems to work each time.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-13, 21:37
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Kristie

So, I hear you about the gym because today, I did not go and that is two days off, totally miserable. I am working through it though. I have an addiction to exercise. And.. this week, cardio will be limited due to my schedule.

How many kids do you have? That is sooo awesome that you are striving to be healthy and being a mother. I know sooo many mothers that actually Blame their kids for why they are not involved in healthy behaviors. Me, I am single, but I am married to my work. My research and students are my kids for now. BUT I make time for that gym.

do you eat the same thing often? I tried some grass fed beef tonight but I don't think I like it. I am not good with chicken so I am trying new things.

how is your eating?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-13, 22:36
Registered Member

BF:

I switch up by step a few days, running is my new addiction and I do weight training 3 times a week.
I also do aerobic exercise on sat and sun ( like a high impact class).

hope I did not ask too many questions in last post... sorry, if I invaded privacy.

Take care!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-13, 08:22

Hey peacelove!! I posted on your journal....not sure you've seen it
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-13, 21:46
Registered Member

BF:

Hey there! I posted back on my journal... Darn it. I should have looked at your journal!!!hope you are well today