Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
Victoria ..... What a bummer with the weight gain ... how much do you have to lose this time?

Thankfully just a few pounds. I weight myself often and caught it early.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 14:37

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%

Victoria ... I am so happy for you that you are at your goal almost ... wish I was too! LOL At least now you know how it happened and you can continue to nip it in the bud if it tries to happen again. When You were loosing all the weight before how did you stick with it loosing so slow like that? The thing that keeps me going now is that I can see such a big difference in my cloths even if it doesn't show on the scale. JJ
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 18:12
Registered Member

BF:
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
Victoria ... I am so happy for you that you are at your goal almost ... wish I was too! LOL At least now you know how it happened and you can continue to nip it in the bud if it tries to happen again. When You were loosing all the weight before how did you stick with it loosing so slow like that? The thing that keeps me going now is that I can see such a big difference in my cloths even if it doesn't show on the scale. JJ

After a while I learned that if I stuck with it, I would see a drop in the scales. Usually about a week after "that time of the month" I'd lose about 3-4 pounds at once, then gain back about a pound, and stall for the next three weeks, after which I'd lose... It was frustrating, but once I saw the pattern I could handle it.

I actually started looking forward to "that time of the month" knowing that I always lost afterward!

Alas, that pattern ended last May and the last 10 came off VERY slowly.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-06, 09:12

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%

Hi everyone I have been MIA for a few days. My daughter in law had a baby girl on Tuesday, Katie is back home with her family. Believe it or not I miss her, but it is better that she's with mom and dad. Baby weighed in at 6lb 9oz, 18 inches long. Mom and daughter doing fine. My eating is doing fine, I'm still a turtle though.(LOL) How are you doing JJ sorry I haven't posted in a while. Welcome Newbirth, Judy
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-06, 12:41

BF:
Talking to the turtles...

Congratulations Judy on the new baby girl! I bet Katie is missing you too ...Glad you are still doing good with your eating... I am too. But just like you I am still a turtle! But I am shrinking so that is very motivating right now. Going on a weekend mini vacation to Nevada to do a little gambling be back Monday!

Victoria ... I hope you have been doing well with your eating too... Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. JJ
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-06, 16:12
Registered Member

BF:

Eating is going okay. Too many sugar alcohols on Friday and too many carbs on Saturday (my days off), but I kept the calories in check and FitDay says I burned more than I ate, so that's good.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 08:40

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Cool

Hi All , Well I went to my sons house both onFriday and Saturday to hold the baby, she is sure tiny. Katie didn't know if she wanted to share grandma or not(LOL). . I think I might go back on the meat and egg thing for about a week to purge myself of cravings. I have been over doing it on low carb goodies and the sugar alcohols are doing it's worst with me (HAHA). Hi Victoria, I know what you mean about too many sugar alcohols, it's an easy trap to get in. Hope you all have a good week. Judy
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 14:21

BF:

Victoria...Sounds like you are doing good keep it up! I went gambling out of town went to Nevada Had a blast! And I stayed pretty much on my meat and eggs fast but did have some wine so will see how it goes in a few days.

Judy ... glad you are getting to enjoy the new baby, and I am sure it is hard for little Katie to share grandma. Sooo if you go on M/E hope you do well. It is really pretty easy for me now. I didn't really want to stray on the M/E over the weekend until I had the wine. But I am right back on track again. JJ