Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 08:41

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Morning folks! Sun in shining and they're predicting 104º today!! I just don't go outside when it's sthat hot. Hope it doesn't get there. We got over 100 yesterday by 3pm, but not sure exactly how high....maybe 101 or 102. My coconut cream arrived yesterday, too, Janj. And you're right, Pam, coconut cream doesn't mellow coffee quite as nicely as HWC. But when eliminating dairy on Paleo-Primal, it's a LOT better than no cream at all. I've gotten used to it. It's best with a little sweetener as well, but I'm eliminating AS as well on Paleo.

Looks like a B-U-T-full day here! Sun's shining 78 with high of 86!! Looks like summer is coming to a close here. Only 2or3 more months of it in TX, right?? Stay cool if you can...
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 08:53

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Yes, I upgraded to Mountain Lion. It took about two hours but went flawlessly. Quite impressed with myself to install a whole new operating system and all for $20 with such neat new features. I can install it on my daughter's laptop for no additional charge too.
She is excited to get it so that she can dictate her papers in college. So maybe we will all come full circle. For me, it is like getting back to where I was earlier in my career with a secretary, later removed so I could do my own "word processing"..on a Wang no less. For my daughter she will finally stop typing texts... and start talking again!!

PS...raved about it to one of my Southern Belle friends...her comment..but does it understand y'all. ..and yes, it does! typed it out exactly that way.

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Sep-07-12 at 09:06.
  #1968   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 09:11

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Congratulations, JanF - I didn't see that earlier! You're almost there....

I upgraded from S Leopard to Lion on my laptop and like your experience, Janet, it was pretty flawless. I did have a little trouble booting up for a while, but I suspect one of the many patches fixed that because it is no longer happening. I'm not sure I like Lion though - I like my iPad to act like a toy and my computer to act more like a utensil. I'm not anxious to transition to M Lion, though I'm sure it or its successor will come into my life with my next computer. I was forced to upgrade to Lion to retain my .mac account when they moved to the cloud. I frankly resent the coercion. Grrr.
  #1969   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 09:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I forgot to give you your GC...way to go !
  #1970   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 10:00

Plan: Primal/Paleo Atkins
Stats: 197.5/126/132 Female 63
BF:19.4%
Progress: 109%

Thank you all for the congrats and cheers! I really am surprised as I have been saying for some time now that my body just isn't willing to go any lower.

When the W30 is complete, I should learn a lot from the reintroduction process. I expect dairy could be the issue OR it could be simply the reduction in fat due to giving up cheese and heavy cream. I hope it isn't dairy because while I don't find giving up the cheese and cream so rough, I would like to add back a whey shake periodically to help keep my protein up. Also noticing that increasing protein to the 30g x 3 that Dr. Layman suggests hasn't interfered with the losses, but I do find it too much to eat at times.
  #1971   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 10:03

Peggy -
The heat sounds brutal. I'd stay inside too!!
  #1972   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 10:18

Congrats Janet - you sound very excited about your new OS. I'd comment more if I knew what you all were talking about, LOL. I'm not very knowledgeable about these things.......
  #1973   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 12:29
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I think that's fantastic you're so close to your "dream goal" Janj. Way to go!! Paleo must agree with you.....or just "shaking things up a bit" scores once again. I'm convinced that's what does it. I invariably drop a few pounds anytime I change up my WOE in a major way.
  #1974   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 13:13

Plan: DirtyCarnivore/vlc Atkins
Stats: 181.2/125.0/123 Female 65
BF:34.6%/19.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Good afternoon, all.

I've been reading but had nothing to add. Until now. I went to the grocery store today, and while picking out tomatoes, my 8 yr old saw the tomatillos and asked what they were. I told her, and said they can be used to make salsa. So we bought some and when I got home I made some fresh salsa for the first time. I've only made salsa with canned tomatoes. So this batch has roma tomatoes, tomatillos, green onion and fresh cilantro--looks very pretty. I also put in some salsa seasoning that I have--Mama G's Salsa in a Snap (from Texas--I know there's a couple of you from TX). I was visiting a friend there and picked it up. Great stuff if you like salsa or spicy stuff. So now I can smell the cilantro on my hands, and it smells so good. Makes me want to get the salsa out of the fridge and eat it with a spoon. Think I'll have some on my chicken tonight.
  #1975   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 14:23

BF:

I keep seeing Labs light on but do not see her here....come out come out Lab...I know you are here somewhere......
  #1976   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 14:41
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

She may be like me and never sign out, Serea. I almost NEVER sign out of my LC forums.
  #1977   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 14:58

Quote:
I think that's fantastic you're so close to your "dream goal" Janj. Way to go!! Paleo must agree with you.....or just "shaking things up a bit" scores once again. I'm convinced that's what does it. I invariably drop a few pounds anytime I change up my WOE in a major way.

Shaking it up might be the reason, Peggy. I was following Atkins carefully and my body just wouldn't budge.
  #1978   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 14:59

That salsa sounds good, Amelia. I've been making it all summer and freezing little batches. Someone told me they'd done that successfully so I'm giving it a try.
  #1979   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 15:02

I Miss Lab Too.
  #1980   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 15:11

BF:

Quote:
She may be like me and never sign out, Serea. I almost NEVER sign out of my LC forums.

Ahh right Peggy....I never sign out either but ever since I mucked up the computor, it ignores the fact that I have not signed out and does it for me. I am not about to try and "fix" it again learned my lesson on that!
Closed Thread