Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 15:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%
Default Natural progesterone question?

Bought some natural progesterone by Now Solutions. It's 20 mg per pump, recommended to use 1-2x daily rotating between thighs, abdomen, and hands. Anyone here used it or have any advice on using it? Gonna give it a try on these emtional issues.

donna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 15:33

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I've been using natural progesterone for the last 4 months. My hot flashes disappeared, no more crazy mood swings, and I'm sleeping better than ever. (My progesterone and estrogen are quite low.)

I don't know that I would use it on my thighs or abdomen though. Dr. Lee (What You Doctor May NOT tell you about Premenopause) says the best places are on the neck/throat, inner arms, and behind the knees, if memory serves me correctly. It needs to go places where the skin is thinner and uncalloused. Putting it where we have the most fat causes it to absorb into the bloodstream too slowly. I believe at one point Dr. Lee said abdomen and thighs, but then changed his stance on it later.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 17:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Quote:
says the best places are on the neck/throat, inner arms, and behind the knees, if memory serves me correctly. It needs to go places where the skin is thinner and uncalloused.

Thanks. I read this also online. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, but I used it last night for the first time and slept so much sounder and restful. I didn't wake up with the head spinning feeling, like I have been for a while. I would think it would take more use than one time, though. I look forward to using it again tonight.

donna
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 07:41

Plan: not specific
Stats: 160/160/130 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I use organic excellence progesterone to induce my periods .Always make sure it's usp Micronized progesterone. They got a lot of fake wild yam stuff out there .I have used this to induce a cycle for 10 years or so now .It's very effective and much better than Provera .