Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: //145
BF:
Progress:
Default triple digits here too

Hello everyone. I hate to admit it, but I am definitely a candiate for the triple digit club. I have about 150 lbs to lose and I have been on this diet only one day. One day at a time is the only way I can do this. I have failed at every other diet I have ever been on, and have dieted myself to this weight... lose 60, gain 80, lose 50, gain 70... up up and away...

I hate the way I look right now and this is my last attempt to do something for ME... Not losing it for anyone else this time, just me...

Wish me luck

Judy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 313/271/200
BF:
Progress: 37%
Cool You Go Girl!!!

Hi Judy,
Congratulations!!! On starting this woe/wol I am pround of you! I too have a ton to lose...stopping and starting but never really coming to tems with my weight. I went to the dr and got scared straight...litterally. I have been lcing for 20 days on atkins induction, using his supplements has really helped. My hubby is doing it too. I have lost 15 pounds as of Thur. and I won't weigh until this Thur. I have getting on that scale...but to put it in the 200's again was awesome!!! Well if you need encouragement... just drop me a note....and keep posting here...try the journal are...I have and it helps me soooo much. You can email me too if you like.....boofishn*****....take care...nancy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 22:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile email

hi Nancy,

I edited your email address. We use a private messaging system rather than posting emails, to protect members from SPAM. If you wish you can exchange emails privately...

I just know that both of you are going to be successful -- you have the right attitude. Judy, it really is one day at a time, isn't it? Or even one pound at time.

All the best to you both, and I look forward to reading all about your successes.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 08:02
Registered Member

Stats: 313/271/200
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Thank you Doreen!

Hi Doreen,
I am sorry for posting e-mail and I thank you for removing it for me!!! I just got alittle lax in the brain dept. Thanks for keeping me on my toes...never thought about what could happen....take care...nancy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 08:29

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Hi, Joodsie!

Just popping in for a minute....but I wanted to say, welcome to the forum!

One day at a time is great! That's the way it works for me too. I don't have a lot to lose, but it is coming off SLOWLY. So I make an effort not to look too far down the road, and just take each day as it comes. The wonderful things about low-carb is that it's painless - no hunger pangs, lightheadedness, or crabbiness from not eating. You may feel a little 'yucky' for the first week or so, as your body adjusts, but it should be clear sailing after that.

Keep us posted!
Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 13:00
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up day 2 - purple keytones already... is that good???

Hi there.. Not sure how this forum thing works and dont know exactly who I am replying to right now. I want to thank Rachel, Jeannie and Doreen for their last messages. The support in here is really great.

This is my second day and I havent been on the scales yet, but I have been GOOD GOOD GOOD. Nary a nibble of anything I cant have !! and for me that is an accomplishment. I am craving fruits though. Anyway, I checked the keytone thing and am turning the stick a dark purple. Is this good.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Judy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 13:34
Forum Founder

BF:

hi Judy,

Yer doin' fine with the posting

I find Diet Jello really helps for the fruit cravings. (It has zero carbs, but it is sweetened with aspartame, so you might want to proceed with caution just until you see if it's going to cause a stall problem). Serve it with a little whipped heavy cream (1.2 carbs for 4 Tbsp or 1/4 cup).

About the ketosis .. great for only one day ... some folks take 48 or more hours. Dark purple is usually a sign that the urine is concentrated, and you need to be drinking more to keep the kidneys flushed. General rule of thumb is 8 - 8 oz. glasses of water per day ... but in this heat and humidity we're having (I'm in Kingston) ... you really need more to make up for the sweat losses - even if you're working in air-conditioning.

Keep up the good work!

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 13:59
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default deep purple ketones

Thanks for replying Doreen. I was on the Dr. Bernstein diet a while back and the darker the keytones the better they liked it. But since then, lots of people told me that dark keytones are dangerous. Your explanation about drinking lots of water and flushing out the kidneys really makes sense. I will try to drink more than I have been but I have to admit the water is a problem for me. Because of the job I do, there are few opportunities for a washroom....get the idea..lol...so I drink most of my water after work, which means I am up all night ...if you know what i mean...Anyway, the biggest accomplishment I have made so far is staying away from the pop. Even though I drink Decaffinated Diet Coke, I used to drink 6, - 10 cans a day... Now I have supplemented that with water. So I am trying!!

Again, thanks for the support

Judy
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 14:19
Forum Founder

BF:
Lightbulb water drinking

Hmm .. yes, lack of facility ... or the time to get to it can be a problem. We had a discussion recently in the Tips and Stalls forum about ways to get in more water. click here to read it. I posted a quote from Fran McCullough's latest book "Living Low-Carb". She suggests some ways a 9 to 5er can get the water in. One thing that makes sense to me, is to drink the water a half to one hour before your breaks. So often, we go for lunch, and the water or beverage is consumed at the end of it ... and then our bladders are exploding while on the job.

good luck!

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 14:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Drinking the water

Thanks again Doreen, but can you solve THIS problem, lol. I drive a bus. I start work at 4:15 a.m. and go straight through until 1:00 p.m. with one 20 minute break...Now do you see my dilemma, hehehe... Are there diapers for dieters??? just kidding.

Judy
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 14:44
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Joodsie
....can you solve THIS problem, lol. I drive a bus. I start work at 4:15 a.m. and go straight through until 1:00 p.m. with one 20 minute break...Now do you see my dilemma, hehehe...
**LOL**

Yes, a challenge indeed. Hmmm...and no pit stops?? Of course, it's easier for the guys, they can just whip in and out at a transfer depot. Well, guess yer original plan of slugging it in after work will have to do. i guess too, I was thinking you worked till 5 or 6 ... then you have hardly any time to drink all that water, and be up peeing every 2 hrs in the night

Doreen
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-01, 10:45

Stats: 325/325/195
BF:
Progress:
Default Scales

I want to be able to weigh often and track my progress but where can I get some scales that will go over 250 or 300 lbs. I am about 325 right now. It is really discouraging to get on the scales and it say ERRR. lol. My email address is thepresident0~aol.com if anyone would like to email me. I'm looking to be a big part of this forum. I'm 20 years old and my goal is to way 195.
~josh
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 20:53

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Judy...

Welcome to LCing.... one day at a time is really the way to take LIFE in general.. so why not throw in some good food to go with it. Find LC things you really love and go to town.. I ate myself silly on bacon for a while... all those years of deprivation....

have fun with it... I love cherry sugar free jello with whipped cream made with Splenda.... it's yummie!!!!

ramona
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 13:50

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ramona,
I love Raspberry sugar free Jello Without the cream, though. Good stuff!
Sh'ra
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 11:04

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Re: Scales

Quote:
Originally posted by joshy
I want to be able to weigh often and track my progress but where can I get some scales that will go over 250 or 300 lbs. I am about 325 right now. It is really discouraging to get on the scales and it say ERRR. lol. My email address is thepresident0~aol.com if anyone would like to email me. I'm looking to be a big part of this forum. I'm 20 years old and my goal is to way 195.
~josh

I haven't been able to find one either.

At the hospital they have a scale they use for people in wheelchairs, that is very large, on the ground, and measures -- well, it measured me with no trouble ~ ~400lbs. However in my local hospital, getting to it is difficult and whether they'll let me go use it without being an inpatient is unknown. On another board someone suggested that grain elevators or warehouses that ship really heavy items might have large scales that a manager might let one use for 20 seconds every couple of weeks.

fwiw. PJ