Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#406   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-14, 13:23

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks Lovinita. Today what I love about LC is not being extremely hungry all the time. I literally ate a cucumber for breakfast and I was happily satisfied until about an hour ago ( its been about 6 hours since breakfast) and 1 oz pork rinds and sour cream satisfied me... eating "normal" I would have gotten a biscuit combo for breakfast with a bucket cola, in 2 hrs I would have wanted candy then lunch would have been another huge combo with bucket cola and a pie then another candy bar and dinner would have been pasta... So I am ever grateful to the LC angel/ Wooshy Fairy
Sponsored Links
  #407   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-14, 13:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/257/210 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Today what I love about LC is not being extremely hungry all the time

Hey Misty! Same here. I find most days I have to force myself to eat. Two months ago? No freaking way! I would eat like 6 times a day.

Weird how the body works! But I am digging it thus far
  #408   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-14, 14:09
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Same here ... I was just telling some other folks that I don't even register as hungry until I start feeling kind of weak and then when I evaluate what I've had to eat for the day, realize that I probably need some food.

It's freedom from the food devil!!
  #409   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 07:30
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Lots of "loving" going on with my diet right now. Last night, I got my wedding ring off my finger for the first time in forever. I gave it a really good cleaning. My daughter is home from college and joined me on this diet. She needs to learn this way of eating and so far she has been gung ho about it. She's gotten me moving, too (long walks several times a week) so we have been mutually beneficial to each other. My 2nd daughter is back from her graduation 'party week' and has jumped right back into LC eating. My wife joined the program a few weeks ago and my youngest (who is the artist behind my avatar doodle, btw) is going LC today. So as of right now, the whole clan is eating good food for the first time ever.

The downside of my exercise program is that it kind of stalled my weight loss. I'm glad I read the "Why the Scale Can Lie" post. It helped me realize what was really going on. I knew I was still on plan and losing fat. While my weight was stalled, I had to drill a new hole in my belt - so I was clearly getting smaller. Then yesterday, I seemed to have to go pee about 3 times more than normal - just like on induction. My body decided it was time to shed some water and I knew what was happening. I could not wait to step on the scale this morning and I was not disappointed. A good 3 pound drop over the previous weigh-in.

Happy, happy times.

Last edited by khrussva : Tue, Jun-24-14 at 07:38.
  #410   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 07:49

Stats: 315/257/210 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
The downside of my exercise program is that it kind of stalled my weight loss. I'm glad I read the "Why the Scale Can Lie" post. It helped me realize what was really going on. I knew I was still on plan and losing fat. While my weight was stalled, I had to drill a new hole in my belt - so I was clearly getting smaller. Then yesterday, I seemed to have to go pee about 3 times more than normal - just like on induction. My body decided it was time to shed some water and I knew what was happening. I could not wait to step on the scale this morning and I was not disappointed. A good 3 pound drop over the previous weigh-in.

Congrats Ken! I was going through a similar situation. I was eating perfectly and walking 3-4 miles a night, and nothing seemed to be happening on the scale but was noticing my clothes fitting better and just feeling lighter. I finally got paid off this morning with a 3 lb drop.

Great to see the family hopping on board, that will make it so much easier for you!

Keep up the great work!

Chris
  #411   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 07:53

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I love the fact that I can walk into any given store now and try on jewelry and not look like a Walrus in a necklace, or have cocktail weenie fingers to the point that they will not go over the knuckle... in fact, my ring finer is so much smaller that a size 7 "official/ normal" size is too big and slides off!
  #412   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 08:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Congrats on your 3 lb drop, Chris. Rock on! I've read here that you should not exercise to lose weight, and I try not to get too hung up about what the scale is saying. Weight loss aside, getting my butt moving again really does feel good. I've got improved stamina and just plain feel stronger. Plus, I like that pleasant, relaxed feeling after a long brisk walk.

Misty -- I imagine losing 98.5 pounds just might make a little difference. WOW! You are doing SO great. You are becoming a whole new you on the outside and I bet that feels terrific on the inside.
  #413   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 10:33

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
That is awesome! Well honestly depending on your Body frame/muscle mass, you may be the correct eight for the size of your bone structure. All Along...

So now you can just sit back and enjoy Maintenance quit worrying about the last 20...

Get some new clothes and take your wife out for a night on the town and celebrate!

Eh. I still have love handles so I'm going to keep at it. There's 0.0 worry in my mind though as I really don't know what I would do differently if I went into maintenance. I'm just not that into carby foods anymore.

Quote:
hey love to see some before and after photos...

So would I! I really can't find any before photos (weird.... I was just never around when pictures were being taken... hmm) and I don't feel like I'm at the "after" point. That's not fair though. You did. I really should post something. One reason I don't is that my employer has very strict "blogging" rules and I don't want to give them a reason to come after me so I'd rather not put up anything that would be too identifying.

PS - I lost my wedding ring. It fell off!
  #414   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 10:51
~Return to Reality~

Quote:
One reason I don't is that my employer has very strict "blogging" rules and I don't want to give them a reason to come after me so I'd rather not put up anything that would be too identifying.
Cropped to neck down would work!
  #415   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 10:54

Lightbulb

But then I could post anything.....
  #416   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-14, 11:13
~Return to Reality~

Ah but you wouldn't!!
  #417   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-14, 20:43
~Return to Reality~

It's getting easier to hoist myself out of a chair. I brace myself for the task of getting up but then find I can stand up without nearly the effort.

Climbing out of the pool is a lot easier this summer. I am always afraid that I won't be able to get out or that I will break the steps but not this year.
  #418   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 19:53
Say NO to Diabetes!

I like being full for hours from a dinner small enough to fit on a salad plate...

Funny, but when I tell people I'm on a low carb diet - they often say "Oh - that diet where you eat nothing but meat." Well, not exactly.
  #419   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 20:28
Registered Member

Stats: 206/168/145 Female 5.3 inch
BF:Better Now
Progress: 62%

More Energy and better sleep no doubt.
  #420   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-14, 21:14

lovinita - Your last post was two weeks ago. You okay?