Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-01, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/166/145
BF:
Progress: 73%
Unhappy Too tired

Lately I have been exhausted after going back on induction. I am losing weight again so I am wondering if maybe I dont need to hit the gym as hard as I was. It seems that now that I started back on induction and stopped going to the gym, my weight loss has resumed. I am sooooooooooo tired. I go to bed at 10 and get up at 8, work til 6. I could still take a nap in the afternoon if my boss would allow it I cannot make myself go to the gym at 6am or 7pm! If I do force myself to go, is my weight loss going to stop or is it going to go faster? I am eating 1650 calories a day. I know that the days I exercise I should eat a little more. I stopped weight training because right now I am too obsessed with the scale Any suggestions? I do take vitamins and extra B's, and potassium.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 08:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

If you're low-carbing, any weight you gain (or fail to lose) while working out will be muscle weight. More muscle means faster metabolism, which means more fat-burning, which is a Good Thing.

I started working out about 6 weeks ago. My weight loss has slowed (1-2 pounds this last month), but I've 'compacted.' My clothing is looser on me than it was last time I was at this weight, so I'm thinner, even if the scale doesn't agree.

Ditch the scale, go by how your clothes fit! My humble opinion.

Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-01, 10:10

Plan: Zone
Stats: 179/155/149
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Sleep!

If you're sleeping 10 hours, your body is telling you it wants 10 hours. Listen to it!

Just let it do its thing. You will eventually find a constant energy level that you (and your body) can live with.