Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-18, 22:39
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default wicked carb withdrawal

I started trying to clean up my diet, once I eat carbs I get hypoglycemia and then I just keep eating and eating.

Ever since I started 3 days ago I get this periodic stomach pain, I had a headache 2 days, the stomach pain is so bad I had to turn off the fan because air touching my stomach makes it hurt.

I haven't even cut my carbs back totally. I lost 1.5 lbs since Sunday so I am getting a weightloss effect. How long? I can't even imagine being able to work tomorrow if I'm like this, holding my stomach and groaning and panting, then burping. Someone told me it could be candida fighting me, I often have a mild coating on my tongue since I started using asthma inhalers, but its at its all time worst today. I feel somewhat feverish but my highest temp is 99.5. I've been drinking pepto for 2 days but it doesn't seem to be working today.

I've switched to drinking only water and not planning on eating anything else until this pain lets up. It feels like I have gasoline slushing around my abdomen.

How long until I feel better? Anything I can do?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-18, 22:48
Registered Member

One dietary change I've made is eating those Japon nuts that are supposed to be Japanese roast. I noticed today the package said it has soy added to the peanuts??? Most of the other changes are what i don't eat now - candy and chips and burritos and ya know other carb-a-licious poison.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 05:47

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Hi!!

I could not go back to eating carby foods without paying such a price. My nemacis was bread. LOVE LOVE LOVE bread. ANd then a terrible belly ache that needed 24 hours to clear.

Probiotic pills helped tremendously! 1 pill helped quell the turmoil.After several episodes, I made them part of my daily regiment.

Also, I cannot eat much high carb food without feeling crappy. In DANDR , Dr Atkins clearly explains the increase of 5 carbs a day. Seems there is a reason for this.

I tried CAD a couple times. I cant get the carb levels right to balance weight loss with feeling good. My body needs the Atkins way.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 11:44
Registered Member

Unfortunately at my job I go 3-4 hours without breaks and am only eating carbs to stop the urination that lowcarb causes.

Sorry I don't know what's wrong, I've lost 4lbs but at such a price. I still had at least 150 carbs yesterday. Yes, that's probably cutting my carb intake in half.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 12:46

BF:

The extra urination is only at the beginning. it doesn't continue. THat water loss is the WHOOSH we all enjoy at the start.

Often lots of water is suggested to aid in weight loss. However it is not necessary.

I worked in a hell hole not long ago--but by law we had to have breaks. Im guessing you are not allowed to have a break. I suggest it is Well worth calling the state labor board and determine the state laws on this. I would not give them your name, or the place of work Knowing the laws will give you leverage for when you need a break and ask for a few minutes of coverage.

I think I drink less on OMAD than otherwise. SO now you have me wondering how much people, in general, drink on SAD versus on CAD v. on Atikins v. keto.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 11:37
Registered Member

I am happy to say I am down 4.5lbs and the horrible symptoms left after the 3rd day. The best part is that I'm no longer a slave to the constant food cravings. I was putting a ton of processed junk into my body and I couldn't seem to stop.

I have no kitchen where I live I eat little during the day, boiled egg, peanut butter, have a CAD like meal before I to go work. My favorite meal is the salad bar at Sprouts. I make 1/2 seafood and other half chicken salad, pile on the veges.

I work in a small store and I am the only employee towards the late hours. It's embarrassing to have to call the manager and explain that I need a break. I always get a break but its usually in the first hour I'm there while other employees are around. I don't drink any water for 8 hours.

I just finished the didactic part of my program and am just staying there for the health insurance so I can get my sleep study.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 12:15

BF:

Glad the horrible symptoms took a hike!!!

Yes, Im gonna be pushy here. You need to set up a schedule with the manager to come give you a break. I know you are tough, I know you are stoic. BUT you are entitled to a reasonable break later for the bathroom.

PLEASE consider scheduling a break time later with the manager to cover you. Same time everyday. ANd take it even if you think you don't need it. Your body will thank you.

When I worked warehouse, I always headed to the bathroom at breaks, no matter what.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 16:46
Registered Member

Thanks Arielle!! Well, it's an embarrassing subject for me to broach with a guy.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 18:41

BF:

Ya, well. When you can manage it....SImply ask to have your break moved. No need to say why. Perhaps say something like , my break would work better for me if it was moved to X. Would you please cover me then? WHen he says yes, go for making it every day.

Try to stand your ground. Just emphasize you must have break at that time.

Ill be soooo glad when you can dump this place!!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-21-18, 08:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Eat more salt? You'll retain water, but at least you wont have to pee all the time. I had the most incredibly salty tri-tip roast (delicious but kind of obnoxiously salty) and it seemed like my bathroom trips were cut in half everyday I ate that.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-18, 14:42
Registered Member

I'm glad you brought up salt, going to have a nice glass of chicken broth right now. Trying to abstain more from carbs, I have become a true carbaholic again. Trying to eat a peach before work rather than an 8 hr carb fest that continues after work lately.