Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 15:02

Plan: Holista Weight Loss Kit
Stats: 220/220/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi from Canada and some background...

Hi all,
I stumbled on this forum while doing research into green tea supplements and CLA.
I have purchased "Holista Weight Loss Kit" which includes a bottle of each.
Some background:
I weighed 138-140 lbs from the age of about 18 to the age of 25. (I am 5'8") I had no weight issues, I'd always been able to eat what I wanted and never gain an ounce (well, I bloated up a lb or two once a month lol but that's it)
Anyhow, I had a daughter at 22 and lost all 40 lbs of pregnancy weight within 2 weeks of giving birth. I continued to eat as I chose and didn't exercise much.
Seemingly suddenly, at age 25, I started to pack on some lbs. I didn't really notice, because I had such a good body image! Before I knew what had happened, my clothes weren't fitting anymore and I had gained 60 lbs in just two years!
My diet had not changed much, so it had to have been my metabolism slowing down for some genetical reason. I had thyroid tests done but everything was normal.
So...for the last 3 years, I have been living with and occasionally trying to lose this 60 (now almost 80) lb weight gain that happened in those two years.
I'm quite tall and curvy and so therefore I am told I am still in proportion but I have a lot of flab around my middle and my thighs, and some back fat.
I have HAD IT.
Up until now I have tried to do the low-carb thing (all I got was low energy) but I really need a boost to get this started, so I have gone and purchased the green tea/CLA kit.
I am on 40 mg. of Paxil daily for anxiety/depression and am a bit worried that I will find myself panicky due to this new supplement, but I am going to completely cut off the coffee and tea I drink (3 cups coffee daily, minimum) and figure that should balance things out.
Glad to be here, looking fwd to meeting you all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:37
AKA: Carol

Plan: High Fat Low Carb
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:? Not any more!
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 18:36
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Hi and welcome

I'm a fellow Canuck (there seems to be a lot of us here), and wanted to say "hi".

Also, I noticed you were saying that the last time you tried low-carb eating that your energy was lower. That happened to me too, but only during the first week or so. I think it was just my body adjusting to a new type of "fuel" or whatever you want to call it After that, I experienced an increase in energy, and it was a nice even level of energy, not like the high and low sugar rollercoaster I used to experience when eating a higher carb diet.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your plans.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 05:34

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

When I was on Paxil (post partum depression - took it for 6 months) I packed on at least 25 - 30 lbs. Could this be the culprit??

Anyway.....

#5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 12:30

Plan: Holista Weight Loss Kit
Stats: 220/220/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

It would seem logical however....
I went on Prozac for a short time at age 20. My boyfriend convinced me to get off it (no comment) and I became pregnant so I stayed off. However after having my daughter, I became a bit of a mental case as far as our relationship went (control issues on my part) ANYHOW I was also depressed. My doctor put me on the Paxil. That was age 23. I didn't start packing on weight until age 25 1/2 . I don't see how I could go 2 1/2 years on Paxil and stay slim and then suddenly balloon? AND , I just figured this out: I started packing on the lbs very soon after I RECUDED my dosage !
I'm thinking this is more a genetic thing. My mother was quite slim until I was about 4 years old and then she started gaining and levelled out at about 100 lbs overweight. She has tried weight watchers but loses so slowly she quits. She's been battling her weight since I was four. I remember, all I heard growing up, as I gulped down Big Macs and never gained a lb was her saying "just be careful, don't ever get fat, don't end up like me" and me saying back "don't worry. the day I gain 10 lbs, I'll just LOSE it!"
ha.
of course it is far easier to lose 10 lbs than 60. (my goal) 'Course if I'd NOTICED myself gaining I probably would have. Where was my head? I don't know what happened. I was 60 lbs over before I really noticed, "hey, I'm kinda fat!"
lol
well hopefully it will be "hey, I'm kinda slim!" before too long
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:46

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%

Whiteheart..welcome to the forum..Best of luck on your weightloss endeavor..You might ask your doctor about taking your paxil along with this holisitc stuff as well..alot of meds dont mix will natural herbs..Good luck woman..
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 14:15

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Welcome aboard and best wishes on your journey.