Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 08:46

Plan: Low Carb/14-1/2 inches lost!
Stats: 186/161/155
BF:
Progress: 81%
Unhappy Why eat it, when we KNOW how it's going to make us feel!

UGH!! Thank goodness Easter is over! UGH!! I skipped lunch because of an early dinner, then ate too much. I really didn't over eat on the foods, it's just WHAT I ate. I only had a spoonful of potato salad and coleslaw but I ate 2 desserts! They were small portions but it still sent me over the edge. I had a small piece of cake and was fine but then I had a small bowl of fruit salad. That's when the foggy, sleepiness started followed by a headache and general not feeling well. WHY? WHY?WHY? Oh well, it's over. I'm moving on. Had bacon and eggs this morning and have exercise class tonight so hopefully I will sweat out all the poisons!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:00

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

We all slip up once in a while. Just pick yourself up and get right back on track and you will be back on the road to weight loss and VICTORY!!! you can do anything that you set your mind to.

#3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 17:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey, I was just reading "A Week in the Zone" and even Dr. Sears says that you should have a carb overload once a month so you'll feel like crap the next day and remember why we try to make better choices.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 07:50
Registered Member

Plan: Dr B
Stats: 180.4/153.0/145
BF:
Progress: 77%

That is so true about the carb overload. I think that if we go off the program once in a while the cheating times will be far and few between. I know that I went off program for two days straight and have just started feeling better 2 days afterwards. Was it really worth it, I am not sure. I just know that when I am craving the foods that I can't have it is better for me just to have them the odd time or else I am miserable. I would rather get it out of my system and then get right back on track. I think that that is the key point is getting back on track. As long as you have the control to do that you are on the right track.

Deb