Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Well last week we had some fantastic Indian Summer type days! Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday I got out and totaled up 72 miles for the week. Not the 100 miles I was shooting for but it will do! Sunday I rode alone and it was nice and quiet as I took the scenic route along River Road and had many views of the Menominee River.

Tuesday and Thursday my friend Lynn rode with me and it struck me, you go further when riding with someone else! And you feel better too!

Today (I just got back in) I managed 16 miles and it was a good, but brisk day. I wore my jacket and gloves and had a bandanna under the helmet to keep my melon from freezing. It was about 42 with a gentle breeze off Green Bay which made for a nice ride as long as one was dressed for it.

I may get out Thursday or Friday too. But it is also time to put a bike in the trainer.

I have a goal of 100 miles a week, but am really happy if I do 50.

EDIT: I am going to Escanaba on Friday and will put in some miles up there. I am shooting for at least 10 before and 10 after lunch! More if time allows!

Last edited by ProfGumby : Tue, Nov-16-10 at 15:55.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-10, 11:41

I got 39 miles last week. I wimped out on the ride in Esky. I did about 10 miles in Menominee that morning and decided the weather and wind sufficiently sucked enough that I did not take a bike to Esky for an afternoon jaunt. Good thing too as the wind was worse in the afternoon than on my morning excursion...

Not 100 miles but almost 40 miles is a damn shot better than my average 15 mile week during most of the summer!
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-11, 15:43

Went to the YMCA today with number 1 son. We were in the free weight area and I worked my chest back and arms. Did the Bench Press, Inclined Bench Press Curls, tricep press, Lat Pulldown and a few other things... I also did a little over 10 miles on the recumbent stationary bike.

So far for this week I have 10 miles on a bike....
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 15:21

No gym time this week, but I did manage 47 miles on my bike. I have only about 5 miles on the trainer! Most of it was outside and some of it running errands and grocery shopping with the trailer in tow.

DW even expressed a desire to ride on the trainer as she could read or watch tv...so her bike is in the trainer and I just used that. So far she has not ridden, but here is hoping!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 12:13

Drive by posting...or is it ride by?

Did 15 miles on the road with a friend today, and miserable late winter/early spring weather is coming so for the next few days it is the gym or the bike on the trainer for me!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-11, 10:01

I think I am going to abandon this Log as I post pretty much everything in my Journal here.....So when I go to the gym and "Pick sings up und put zem down" you can read about it there....

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=249810