Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-07, 16:57

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 230/230/135 Female 68"
BF:
Progress:

Hello...

I am brand new here, and I just started the Schwarzenbein Principle today. I'm doing it because I'd like to nip the managing of PCOS/Stein-Leventhal in the bud for once and for all. (Since I was 15!) I've never really engaged in structure before because I've refused to "diet" and try the latest fad, but her program looks like one I can live with. The only reason why I never "dieted" is because I notice the yo-yo-ness of everyone around me that's on one, and I don't want to partake in that. Anyway, how's everyone else liking it?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-07, 19:54

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I've always liked her program, lost 53 pounds on it a few years ago and felt fantastic. I have to be very careful not to go over my 60 grams of carbs though which has been tough lately.

I'm so sold on this I bought my diabetic mom the book and her dr. gave the thumbs up on following it!

I hope you feel better with it. I know it's made a massive difference in my health and well-being.

Ann
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-07, 11:44

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 174/170/140 Female 66.5 in.
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

I am a new member and have been doing SB for just a week, but I already feel so much better than I did a week ago! Yes, I am following her plan to a T, at least I will for the first 4 weeks. Hopefully, that will have gotten me into the habit of eating right, and I will keep on going. So far, I have found only two problems with it--there isn't a whole lot of variety, and I am a.)always preparing food, b.) always eating food, or c.) doing dishes from preparing and eating food. It seems like I live in the kitchen! With the holidays thrown into the mix, everything is always in an uproar and time is a precious comodity! But I am beginning to get the hang of doing as much prep work as I can before putting a meal together. For instance, I crumble all the blue cheese and feta cheese when I buy it (I don't like to buy it already crumbled because it is always dried out), this morning I cooked 12 pieces of bacon to use during this coming week, I buy a pack of chicken breasts from Costco and cook them all at once and freeze in individual bags to be used for salads, and I wash all the lettuce and cut up all the veggies and keep them in containers in the fridge. We get up at 4:30 every morning because my husband has to leave at six, and trying to get a decent breakfast cooked as well as putting together a decent lunch for him is insane without everything being ready to throw together! What I would like to read is a testamonial from someone who has been following the SBP since the beginning--how they feel, what their cholestrol levels are, and how they feel generally.