Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-00, 21:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Wink

Hee hee, now all the folks who haven't checked out your page and recipes etc. will all be wondering what I'm talking about.

Well, I'm just tickled pink that I get the chance to say that I'm a fan. Haven't tried your latest chicken recipe yet, but I did have the curried tofu on the weekend. I love tofu; until I found your recipes, well there are very few in any of the lowcarb websites. I would just improvise though, the results were always delicious. Too bad people only think Chinese or Japanese when they think of tofu.

Anyway, nice to meet you and say hi, maybe I'll run a few of my disasters - ooops, I mean delicious creations by you for suggestions.

Doreen,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-00, 00:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Thanks Doreen

Thanks Doreen!

I often wonder if anyone ever uses them!

I love tofu too. I make a pork, daikon and tofu soup occasionally that I should record one day. I just love it--it's a whole meal.

Keep this in mind for next summer: Cube firm tofu on a bed of ice. Have a shallow dish of soya sauce, finely grated ginger, thinly sliced green onion and finely grated daikon. Dip the tofu into the mixture. It's simple and fantastic.

Keep me up to date on your inspirations.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-00, 22:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Recipes?? What Recipes!?!

Kidding, Karen, honest !

I've had commentary from a few good foodies (American) and a couple of Islanders who I hope will finally get their butts onto the Forum.

I myself (naughty I am) printed each and every one of your recipes this last Friday (ok ok, the big laser at the dayjob isn't really intended for that). I've been meaning to get around to the 3 blocks of Tofu in the fridge for months!

Great stuff and please please keep them coming.

PS: does Wa'il have a counter on your menu page or the recipe pages? I wonder...
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-00, 22:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Red face I'm so embarrassed

Hi Karen,

Well my dear, I know you are a very experienced chef and all, but I just discovered something I bet not even you knew. Did you know that tofu gives off a blue flame when it burns??

And just how would I know this you ask?? Hmmm, beats me. Now I suppose I should open a few windows around here before the smoke detector goes off. Good job the emergency fire hose it right outside my apartment door!

If I actually have some success with this experiment of mine, you'll be the first to know.

And Wa'il, quit laughing, I can hear you all the way this side of the Rockies.

from Doreen, Kween of Klutz
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 00:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Recipes?? What Recipes!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl
PS: does Wa'il have a counter on your menu page or the recipe pages? I wonder...

All pages are counted, (free service from SuperStats in exchange for the banners at the buttom) and Karen's recipes are big hits, I haven't tallied individual pages, but several thousands for sure!

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-00, 18:37
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Wink Re: I'm so embarrassed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doreen T
[B]Hi Karen,

Did you know that tofu gives off a blue flame when it burns??

Actually, no. LOL. I've never heard of tofu flambe. You could be on to something.

Karen