Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/149/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question ? for TrainerDan

I've been doing a CKD for about 5 weeks now and every week the same thing has happened. During the keto portion of the diet I'll lose .5-1 pound/day every day, then the day after my carb-up I'm back to the exact same weight that I started at. I haven't lost any inches anywhere that I can tell either, whether I measure during the week or right after my carb-up my waist, hip, and thigh measurements are always the same. The only measurement that is showing any difference is the bodyfat % on my Tanita scale, I stared out at 28% and now it is saying I'm at 24-25%. I keep hearing about how unreliable the Tanita's are so I'm reluctant to take this as a sign of progress either. My upper body may be looking a little more muscular now, but I've been taking creatine since I started this so I'm wondering if I just retaining a lot of water from that. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 19:01

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default OK

What's your training program look like? What are your daily calorie levels?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 22:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/149/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've been weight training 4x/week. Day 1 is chest & triceps, day 2 legs, day 3 back & biceps, day 4 shoulders & calves. I do 2 main exercises per bodypart with 6 sets per exercise increasing weights and decreasing reps. For example, for chest last week I did dumbell presses 12x20lbs., then 10x25, 8x30, 6x35, 12x30, then 12x15 for dumbell flyes. I then did dumbell presses for 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 reps and 12 reps flyes all on an incline. Kind of like the BFL pattern but I do 2 series instead of just one. I do the same thing for all muscle groups. I do cardio 2-3 times per week either 20 mn interval running on treadmill, or 30-40 mn lower intensity on stairmaster.

I usually eat about the same thing every day. Burger patties with a slice or 2 of cheese on top, protien powder mixed with flax or Udo's oil and a Tbsp of peanut butter (after workout), scambled eggs, canned tuna or salmon w/mayo, 2-3 cups of romaine lettuce. I haven't tried to ration my food at all, I just eat when I get hungry. I usually end up eating about 2000-2500 cal/day. I didn't think this was too much for me. I've always been a big eater for my size and my weight has been very stable for years at about 145-150 even eating junk food.

I do drink a LOT of diet Coke, and hardly any water. I was hoping this wasn't the problem but I know the nutrasweet can kick a lot of people out of ketosis. I am going to try to drink more water instead of my pop to see if makes any difference.

Sorry for the legth of the post, I hope this isn't too much unnecessary information. Thank-you for your help, I'm sure if there's anyone that can help me figure this out it will be you.