Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 00:58

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%
Default Fatigued and plateaued 4 months on Atkins

Hi everyone! I have been on Atkins for 4 months and have lost 15 pounds. My cravings are gone and I have lost inches and two dress sizes which is great. I was quite fatigued for a while but my energy level has finally begun to pick up. I am so glad I found this site! I have plateaued and now have the energy to work out more. Drinking more water and taking supplements. Any tips on stepping up weight loss would be appreciated. I have read DANDR from cover to cover so any personal success tips would be great!

Thanks,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

We "stall" or "plateau" for many reasons - usually it's our body saying "what the heck are you doing to me?". Patience and sticking to it will pay off.

Have you measured yourself - maybe it's inches you are losing right now instead of scale weight?

Can you change up your menus a bit? If you post what you are eating, someone here might be able to offer some constructive help.

Changing your exercise routine often helps - weight training certainly makes a difference.

Congrats on the first 15#

Julie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 22:58

BF:

Thanks, I will start posting what I am eating on a journal.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 12:46

Plan: General Lower Carb
Stats: 160/151.2/138 Female 64
BF:39/37.4/25
Progress: 40%

Flawless, come on over to our co-journal. Your stats make you a great candidate for our 5'4 160 to 130 club.

We are a group of VERY fun ladies (about five of us, I think) who are close to the same height, weight, and goals...which makes it really fun to share in the journey.

On Monday, January 7th, we are all re-committing and getting back on track after the crazy Holidays and we will be posting our official weigh in and short term and long term goals as well as our plan of action.

So now is a good time to come on in and be a part of the journey, together. Click on the journal tag at the bottom of this post if you'd like to look around.

Hope to see you,

Kaly
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 12:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 294/201/150 Female 5'6'
BF:got that
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bflawless
Hi everyone! I have been on Atkins for 4 months and have lost 15 pounds. My cravings are gone and I have lost inches and two dress sizes which is great. I was quite fatigued for a while but my energy level has finally begun to pick up. I am so glad I found this site! I have plateaued and now have the energy to work out more. Drinking more water and taking supplements. Any tips on stepping up weight loss would be appreciated. I have read DANDR from cover to cover so any personal success tips would be great!

Thanks,

Lisa

Okay I don't know if this will help but when I was reading various articles/books on and by Atkins I came across a mention several times about GLA (NOT CLA) and how Atkins loved the stuff for stalls. It's from borage oil and I buy the capsules from amazon.com. It's called Mega-GLA from Source Naturals but I know there are other brands out there. Atkin's said to take about 400 to 500 mg a day. I take 2 tablets of 240 mg (total of 480 mg) with my dinner. I don't know if it works, but it couldn't hurt .
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 12:14

BF:

Thanks, I have been trying to add "good fats" to my food. My clothes are loose but that pesky scale...well that is another story!