Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/247.5/185 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:36%/23%/12%
Progress: 45%
Default Going to do race

Hi. I've been doing very well on the Atkins diet so far. I have a bicycle race I am entering and was wondering if I can have some carbs before the race or should I just stick with the diet. I don't want to run out of steam during the race. When I exercise I normally do not feel weak and I do not eat carbs before but this race is over 100 kms.

Dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 21:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

You might want to take a look at the information in the low carb plans section of the forum that pertains to a CKD plan which incorporates higher carbs and low carbs. Trainerdan has written a synopsis that might be of some help.

Best of luck in your race!
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 15:47
Registered Member

Thanks Nat. That's a whole lot of reading. *lol* I was always wondering what I am going to do after I hit my goal weight. I know this is a WOL but since I started my biking I've become a changed man and now do some sort of exercise everyday. I have friends that are only 10% body fat and they eat carbs all the time but they work it of mountain biking. I'm not sure if I can be like them after I hit my goal, I guess only time will tell.

Dave
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 16:29

BF:

A diet like CKD or something with more carbs (Somers or Schwarzbien or even PP) might then be a good idea when you reach your goal. How long do you think 100kms will take? Flat terrain or more moutain bikeish?

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 18:21
Registered Member

Well.. living in BC there are nothing but hills here. *lol* I should take 5 hours or so, but I hope to just finish in one piece. Next summer I'm doing the Seattle to Portland ride. That one is a road ride.

Dave
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-13-01, 18:58

BF:

I'm envious..... Havent gone for a good long ride in ages. I used to trek to the gatineaus here (small hills to the likes of someone from bc ), 55 miles door to door it was like a mini vacation. With speed .. nothing like coming down a 'hill' at 45 m/hr. Oh to be out biking in October! Have fun and let us know how you do.

Nat