Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 19:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i wieght every day and then check each scale in the house and pick the one that ways the lightest. sue
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 19:57

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i have 3 scales. i usally use just one of them though. this weekend i have treid all 3. sue
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 20:05

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Not only do weigh myself at home, and move the scale to different part of the floor to get a lower number I f I see a scale in the stores Sears, Macy's I'm on it, and boy do I feel like just going home, b/c I'm ALWAYS 3-5lbs more in the afternoon.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 23:25
Registered Member

Stats: 285/158/150 Female 5'4"
BF:ohmy!..not
Progress: 94%
Default Ty Ty Ty!

Thank you all so much for posting this thread.... seriously.... I thought I was the olny person who HAD to weight themself alllll the time. THis is the first successful diet I have ever been on, and I weight myself every morning. But by the afternoon, I have gained a few pounds, so them I get all full of panic, so I have to keep checking it all afternoon and night.

I'm glad it isn't just me...... TY
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 01:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Lizzy, I do the same thing with my feet. First I make sure they're in exactly the same spot. Then, of course, I try standing in a different spot just to see if the numbers will change. If I find a lower spot, that's my new place to stand.

I'm a freak.

I'd love to take the scale and stick it in my shed, because I know I won't go out there to get it. But I'm afraid if I don't weigh at least once a day, I could gain and not know it till too late. Which is irrational when I'm being so good, but I can't help myself.

And now I'm even worse, since I took measurements and entered them into that mybodycomp.com site people were talking about. Just when I was feeling good about my progress and fitting into smaller jeans ... I find out just how high my body fat percentage is and I feel lower than low.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-04, 13:39

Stats: 336/278/145 Female 5'3
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 30%

I dont have a scale at home, I dont want to own one because I would not be able to keep off of it. I use a scale that sits in front of a store. It gives you a print out with your weight on it for a quarter. Every time i pass the store (twice daily on my way to and from work, I have to fight the urge to stop and weigh myself. I drove there and weighed myself at almost midnight one night.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 12:44

Stats: 171/154/110 Female 4'9"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I'm SOOOOO glad I'm not alone! I weigh myself every morning before work, usually once in the afternoon and before bed. I've tried to wait a few days and only managed it once. I guess I just need to know how I'm doing. Keeps me on track. I'm even thinking about investing in a nicer scale lol
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 17:23

Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I too am addicted, however, I've removed myself from it. Some weeks are better than others but in my mind I still obsess about it. Then there is the little scale dance! I can manipulate my scale by leaning forward or a little to the side just to get it to read a little lower! God, it's so awful!!!!!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-04, 20:06

Stats: 178/171/133 Female 63 inches
BF:Dont/want to/know
Progress: 16%

I weigh myself every morning too... ts almost the first thing in my mind... But, I've been cheating for almost a week now and hav'nt weighed myslef.. too scared... Gosh, I will wait for two weeks or so (if I can) and then weigh myself. The weight I posted above is actually higher than what it was when I weighed myself last...
Kuruti
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 12:16
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Glad I am not alone. I am a scale-a-holic. I weigh myself every morning without fail. I only do it in the morning and only once a day. I don't record the info. until the official Sunday weigh-in day and I don't let it get me down. It keeps me motivated and honest.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-04, 14:09
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

I'm a once a day minimum person - as soon as I get up in the morning - well after using the bathroom Then if i don't like what it says, I'll start my morning regimen of getting ready - then do it again before I get in the shower or eat or drink anything. Its crazy, its rediculous and if I saw someone else doing it, I would most certainly laugh at them. Oh well - its my insanity, I don't impose it on anyone else
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 15:24
Registered Member

Plan: LC
Stats: 232/182/130 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

I thought I was the only one that did this. I weigh probably 25 times a day. Before and after I do anything. Even if I get up to pee in the middle of the night..I weigh before and after. ahahhaha....
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 15:35

Stats: 188/181/145 Female 5' 5
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 16%

I weigh myself every morning, without clothes and after going potty. How else would you keep on track? The scale keeps me in line!
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 16:08

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 185/170/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 27%

Every time I walk past it!!!
I keep saying I won't get on it today....but just can't resist!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 10:36
Registered Member

Plan: sort of atkins
Stats: 320/308/230 Male 204cm
BF:
Progress: 13%

>>there is the little scale dance! I can manipulate my scale by leaning forward or a little to the side just to get it to read a little lower!

I thought I was the only one who does that! Also, I found that by holding the top of the wardrobe and gently lowering myself onto the scales, the counter went round sloooowly and registered a lower weight. Cool eh?

But as we all know, cheats never prosper, so this time I only weigh on Monday evenings (after bodily functions, but before shower and naturally naked - Sheesh! how much weight do I think I am actually saving that way? 100g? What a loony!) I've got a new scale that seems to be immune to my scale shennanigans....