Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 15:39
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Post HELP... CALLING ALL WHO WORK OUT STRENGTH & CARDIO...HOW DOES INDUCTION PHASE AFFECT

Good Sunday everyone. I workout, well possibly everyday and a little after work sometimes too. My problem is that I am really good at building up muscle and very slow to loose the fat. Over last winter I was very into ratios and playing around with them. I think I was usually around a 40/40/20 carb/protein/fat. And with the help of a whole lot of cardio and strength training I went from 142 lbs at 18% body fat Dec 03, then 141.8 lbs at 15% body fat Mar 04 and finally 141.20 lbs at 12.5% body fat...... The problem was that I wanted to be 130 lbs and 18% body fat but I kep gaining muscle about 3 lbs every time I was check. Then summer time came and I didn't workout as hard and I am up to 149lbs and no where near 12% body fat.

Now I started the induction phase of Atkins on 11/11/04 and would like any suggestion Does anyone out there have any advice for induction and on into this journey on what my workouts should consist of???

Thanks a lot for any advice

Daisy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

haven't been back to the gym in awhile but when I did I myself found it hard to loose weight when lifting, in the past I have lost weight when I have just walked or done the eliptical, or the stepper thing, continue reading some of the other threads in this forum I have found them very resourceful! good luck
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 19:12

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

If you eat some carbs before you lift, followed by cardio after you lift, you will burn them off and not have to count them in your daily totals. You'll need to play around with the amount, though, to determine whether it's 5, 15 or 20 carbs. It really depends on how much of a workout you do.

At 130 lbs, 18%BF, you would be aiming to have 23.4 lbs of fat and 106.6 lbs of lean mass. How many lbs of fat mass/lean mass do you have right now? Do you need to increase or decrease?

If you want to decrease lean mass, then I would reduce the lifting to once or twice per week and don't push yourself as hard. More reps at lighter weights will target endurance rather than strength.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 22:34
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Default My lean muscle mass is too high for me right now!!!

That really does make sense. I want to gues and say I still have 120+ lbs of lean muscle mass and I don't want it. It is my own fault though because I Lift too much. I need to get it out of my head and step up the cardio. How do you think I should eat on the LC way in order to burn Muscle and well obviously Fat too

Thanks,

Daisy