Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 16:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default New Turtle Club For April 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello all turtles, Please come in an join me as we go on our weight loss journey.
We may be slow losing our weight but in time it will come off, and all add up to alot of pounds lost.
So come on in and join me and lets get this weight off us once and for all, no more cheating and fooling around with it.

I know we can do this if we all stick together and support each other.
So come on in and join me......

Last edited by SissyPoo : Thu, Apr-01-10 at 16:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 16:32

BF:

My goal weight is 150. Right now I am at 230 lbs. so I have quite alot more to lose. I began low carb when my weight was 295 lbs., that was three years ago and I have kept off the weight I did lose, in spite of some cheating every now and then.

I am doing the Atkins Low Carb, and as of last Monday, I began induction all over and so far I have been doing good with it.
I do not get to much exercise because of some health problems but when the weather warms up I do get in our pool and do some water exercises. I will lose faster in the summer time because I am getting more exercises.
I do like the food that Atkins offers on his plan, the meats and vegetables I eat alot. Maybe thats why this plan has been the better one for me because I can stick to it better than other diet plans.
I have been trying my best to think of my diet plan as a new way of eating for me instead of a diet. In the past when I was so large I let food control me, but no more, I control it. Its hard sometimes but I am in control of it.
When I get the wanting some munchies I usually pour me a cup of coffee and go sit out on my patio and and read me a magazine and listen to the birds and just take in the outdoors and all the sweet smells of nature. This relaxes me so I do not want to eat. I am a person who eats when bored so I tend to find things to do to keep me busy.
I am retired now and do not work anymore so I am home alone while my husband works. I do like to go out though when I am feeling ok, but my arthritis is really bad and I do not walk to good anymore and its hard on me to go off without my husband.
I will drive to Wal Mart and other stores that have those ride buggies because I cannot walk good enough without them to do much shopping. But I am a go getter and try to move as much as I can, I am just slow thats all...

I am hoping by losing all this weight it will help me walk better so I need you all and your support to help me out here ok. I will be here for you all to so come and join me here.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 19:10
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I've been strictly Primal Blueprint for 2 months. Before that I played around with Paleo-style diets for about 5 months after I discovered I am gluten-intolerant.

I've lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months. I've been exercising moderately, and following the plan.

I need to lose 50 more pounds mostlyfor health reasons and mostly because I'm sick of carting it around.

The plan I am on isn't going to make me lose weight very fast, and that's fine, but I need to see the scales move a little bit more.

Cheers,
Suzan
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 10:51

BF:

Suzan, I don't lose fast at all even with me keeping my carbs low. But you know I think it may be best if we lose the weight slower. I hear it will stay off better when we lose it slow....
I think 10 lbs. in two months is good, thats five a month ,so I would think that would be a normal rate to lose it.
Keep up the good work.

Today I am doing good with my carbs but we plan to dine out tonight so I will have to be careful of what I order to eat.
Thats been my downfall is dining out and eating wrong then..
We like seafood so I usually order it grilled or broiled and not fried like my hubby does. I also go for the slaw and a salad instead of the bake potato or fries that usually comes on a seafood plate. So I think I do ok..
Its when we go to Golden Corral that I get messed up so bad because that buffet has to much to choose from and it all looks so good.

I have determined that I just cannot eat like normal thinner people do, maybe its because I have alot more fat cells in my body than they do. Guess thinner people have less fat cells.
I have always been alittle pudgy since I was a child and my mother told me I was a chubby baby to so maybe the fat cells accumulated way back then, I just don't know.

I heard once that when you lose weight that you still have your fat cells, they just shrink up but are still there in your body. So when we began eating wrong or more they refill back up with fat...Have any of you ever heard this before?

I really need to lose my weight. I have some health problems and losing the weight I know will help it alot.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 16:50
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Yes, I heard that before. I don't know whether it's true or not.

We stopped eating dinners out for the most part. We just don't get the same quality food in a restaurant that we can cook at home, and there are hidden carbs and glutens everywhere.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 21:45

Plan: post-Pregnancy LC
Stats: 287/283.6/180 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Ah, this is the forum I'm been looking for - how's everyone doing?

M
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-03-10, 11:23

BF:

M, nice to have you join us here.
So far not to many have posted here. I thought this would be a popular site for all of us slower losers but I guess not. But I still tend to keep it open and post here And hope you do to.

Suzan, hope you will come back and post here with us.

I am a very slow loser, I am eating right but with some health problrems I cannot do much exercise except water exercises which I do at least twice a week.
I have alot of weight to lose still, I have already lost alot but just had so much to lose to start with when I began low carb. I was 295 when I began and now around 230 so I am losing but its taken me a few years to lose it. I only lose a pound or maybe two a month and sometimes none even when I am eating right. I take it to be because I am not exercising enough to burn up the fat and calories.
Do any of you exercise any?

I eat right most times but I will have some toast but its with whole wheat bread. I do make pasta to with the whole wheat spagetti. When I do make it I eat just a little of it and not over-do it. I have been trying to eat normal portion sizes and not go for any seconds. I feel if I and maybe you can to, eat just a smaller portion of something you really like it will not bother you to bad.
Its when we over-eat it that is bad because you are consuming to many calories than your body can burn up in a day.
Maybe thats why I lose slower is because I do eat some of the things I like that is not low carb, even though I eat just small portions, I don't know.

But as long as the weight comes off me and I don't care if its slow or not, I just know I have to lose it and I will lose it sooner or later. It may take a few more years to lose it all but I will do it.
I have stuck to low carb now for many years, almost eight years now so I think I can stick to it for a while longer. Really I have made it my way of eating for my hubby and I, we really don't want to eat like we use to do anyway. Low carb is good for us and I am feeling better because of it to.

Post soon you all and I will be back later to chat.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 02:52

Plan: back to moderate carb.
Stats: 185/165/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi, I am a slow loser. Since Just before the Holidays I have lost about 13 lbs. My goal is to lose to 135 to 140. I am 5'4" tall.
I will try to get on here everyday and let you know my progress.
I am a caregiver for my Husband and that keeps me busy.

Last edited by shrl : Thu, May-06-10 at 03:02.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 03:00

Plan: back to moderate carb.
Stats: 185/165/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Sissy, I am going to try to get back to exercising. I can go over to the Apts. where my friend lives and walk iin the pool there. Right now I have a rash that come up on my legs. I was sprraying weeds in the yard and think that was what caused it. Trying to get that cleared up before I go to the pool.

I am like you I don't care if my weight loss is slow, Just so I get it off.

By the way I would love to live in Florida where it is warm.

Please keep this thread up if you can, I sure need the support.

Shrl

Last edited by shrl : Thu, May-06-10 at 03:08.