Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2491   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 06:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

LORI- I have read a lot about eating to your meter, when I was working with the diabetics. There is so much truth to that- it really does boil down to the inslulin factor! Always!
Bad golf day? Sorry, I all have an off day. I wish was I was as passionate about a sport as you are. You will make up for it today I am sure!

Blue- Hubby snoring way and you are wide awake! That made me giggle. Sorry I know that sleep is really important.
I don't like fat that wiggles either- GROSS. I cut so much fat off the steak yesterday there hardly anything left to eat!
You are so lucky you can do dairy. I truly think that makes LC so much easier. It is a struggle to not have it.

Are you doing anything special today? Sometimes it is great to just chill.

Trig- did you ever get your pool cover? There is something sorta sad about that. You should have a great day today though- sunshine! Just the way you like it- hot and sunny!
Are you and the kiddo hanging out today? I bet she is liking having the day off!

Leeann- You are a busy lady! I know you are having fun!

KMOM- I agree you are a wonderful momma! So nice that your SD can be independent enough to be able to live on her own. I know she gets help- but she is not under your roof. She gets a sense of self that way as well! Perfect for the both of you!
Are you still doing well?
----------------------------------------------------
Well- I must have been under the influence of cold medicine to have said yes to 3 dates. I'm not kidding. I finally had to do a nose spray and Benadryl. Wicked stuff. I think I might have prevented a full blown head cold though. I am just doing the nose spray today. I am still head fog from meds. I hate that feeling.

Ahhhh yes back to the dudes. I have eliminated 2. Flattered yes- but I can't entertain 3! So the one I picked seems sweet. But time will tell. I am not going anywhere today. I most likely will not get outta my PJ's. I need to rest.
Plan to do a little reading, a little Netflix, and make some hamburger soup, or meatballs can't decide.

I am not really hungry. That rarely happens so I am running with that!

AVA update: They are adding a supplement to her breast milk to try to get her to gain some weight. She is also on cpap about 50% of the time with I think is fabulous.
I am able to see her everyday. They have a camera that is actually in her incubator. Family is allowed to view her at anytime. Baby Noah is happy to be with his momma. The family is doing well.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2492   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 06:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Okay, to clarify, you had three dates set for today, narrowed it down to one, but then you said you aren't going anywhere today so did you reschedule the one, or all three, or you are going on only the one? I am confused!!

All I can say is that this morning I was doing a pile of dishes in the sink and I was pretty damn pissed off about it, as I can be sometimes when I feel like I am doing more than my fair share of the work around here on the weekend (where the heck is MY weekend, wah wah wah!) and then I read about your three dates and I thought how relieved I am to not have to do that. No offense to you meant AT ALL but at my core I am an introvert (as you are not!) and having to go meet a stranger and talk to him (or even talk to her) is akin to a nightmare for me! Hubby seemed like quite a prize after thinking about that.

So thrilled that Ava continues to grow and do well. The supplementation to get some meat on those bones is probably a great idea. And she is still getting the benefits of breast milk as well. Win-win! I love that you can look at her, I really do. That is just wonderful.

Very sorry you are feeling so ill. Rest and more rest, drink hot fluids and take a hot steamy shower!

Blue- I will try to check out that movie. I need to write it down or something so I remember.

Very proud of you and your focus and staying on plan. You are building some serious strength in your life right now- I can feel it rising up. You are a phoenix rising my friend, and your Mama and Daddy would be so incredibly proud of the strength in their girl right now.

Why was your husband sleeping on the floor, pray tell? lol

KMom- Love the time you have spent with your SD. You are a gift to each other! I get how you feel and how you are with your family; it resonates with me. Even as it drains you at times, it also very much fills you up. I relate!

RE: Eating fat- I'm more like Trig on this, I think. I can eat me some fat. I don't like hard fat on a steak but the kind that can be chewed easily and eaten is, to me, flavor. I also add butter to my steak. Chicken breasts are out unless I cover them in something yummy but I can throw down dark meat for sure. Bacon needs some bend and fat to it; I don't like crispy bacon.

Lori- Hugs to you. I am somewhat competitive and I can totally imagine being so frustrated. It is really hard when you know you can do better and you just can't get there! Hopefully today will be a much better day. Try not to dwell on it! As we always told our DS18- What's the most important ball? The next one! IOW, don't think about the one you messed up but focus on the one to come.

••••••••••••

Talked to DS18 via Face Time yesterday and he is doing well. He looked a little tired and he has a sore throat that he was downplaying some, I could see that it was hurting him. But he's a big boy now so he will have to deal with that.

He said a little bit about his classes (he has had one week) and says his favorite is his Gov/PoliSci class right now, which makes sense bc it is his field of study. He has a teacher in his Communications 200 class who apparently is gender-neutral. Students must refer to this teacher as "Z" (instead of he/she), Alex or "They/Them." I don't have a problem with this on the whole as I am familiar with this from hearing DD22 talk about it. Gender/sexuality issues are no big thing to me. What I DO have a problem with is that they are not allowed to use the word professor (which to me is a gender neutral term, so I don't get it- isn't that what they is? lol) AND that apparently there are dire consequences for making an error by using Professor, he/she etc. He seemed pretty nervous about messing up. I don't know, that seems to be a pretty major distraction. I mean, ask them to do what you would like them to do, gently correct them as they come up to speed, or learn to have a little grace and let errors go, but making this a focus of the class seems silly and unnecessary to me. The teacher's gender is NOT the point of the class and this is not a class about sexuality/gender. I don't know. Anyway. Feeling my age and moving on...

DH and I walked the dogs around the lake yesterday and I'm going for a hike today. TOM is due today - for the last two months I have not been running early and I wonder if my eating habits have been so crappy that my PCOS symptoms are raising their heads again. But I'm flying much straighter now and that is what I can do!

DD22 and Fi came over last night and hung out for a while. Told us about the wedding they went to this weekend and so forth. DD also brought DS15 a ring as a gift, which she bought for him. It has an inlaid piece in the ring that spins. So it is a very small, quiet, unobtrusive way to "fiddle" while he is in the classroom. I am a fiddle-er - I have to be actively engaged to listen. As an adult I take notes, even when unnecessary and I will never look at them again, to engage my brain through moving my body. As a younger person I would twiddle my pen, jump my legs, stand in the back etc. He also must move to engage. I thought that was so incredibly thoughtful of my daughter. I would not have done something like that for my sibling- it would never have occurred to me to do so. He's a lucky boy to have her.

Today DS15 needs to get himself ready and packed up for school- tomorrow I have a 10th grader in the house. Who! I gotta get myself to the store and on a hike! Two days of 80s coming and then back to the 70s with a lot of rain forecast this week.
  #2493   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 07:24

BF:

Leeann-
Wow what a busy weekend! I knew it. Sink full of dirty dishes vs meeting 3 guys? Ya I guess there is something to be said about safety of marriage.
But you are right - I am an extrovert when I want to be. I am a very social creature most of the time. Then I get really peopled out and need my alone space.
So to clarify on the dudes. So I narrowed it down to one. Cancelled poliety with the other 2.
But the last one I sorta still have open- I haven't said no just yet. I guess I might depend on what time and how I am feeling. So it is sorta up in the air. So bottom line- I dunno yet

So about the fidget ring- with the spinner those are really cool. I have a gal I work with that brings her "spinner" with her every day to work. I'm a pen clicker. I seriously can't think or talk without my pen. It's funny we all have our stuff huh.

I try not to click around people as I know how annoying it can be.

Enjoy the weather- you are right- the rain is coming. We are slated to get it on Wed.
Was hoping for a gray rain day today- but no...... it just has to be BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT, BLUE, and warm 89. HAHAHAHAH Everyone else is happy for sure!

Blue- I wanted to piggy back on what Leeann said to you. You are like a Phoenix! And I too am sure your mom would be SO proud!

Ok off to walk Bella- she is whining at the door
  #2494   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 07:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, a ton of dishes, feel for ya. My kid and hubby can make a pile in a flash, always messes with my mind how 2 people can just make so much mess so your overloaded people house must get ya some days on alot of work lol

Tell him to just yell.....HEY YOU! out loud in class. everyone will turn around and then ask the prof. the question LOL

Jaz, sorry you are not feeling good. hope the meds kick in and you don't go down with a big head cold. Take your time working thru the guys, you got time to decide who is good and who might be a pain in the azz

Lori, WOW, you got it bad in the golf tournament here but you said one day you do great and one day it seems like you never played before! Hubby would do that also so I know how it is, I got all his 'golf stories' hole by hole sometimes and let me tell you....ugh....lol

Blue, I was more well done meat but I flipped, I do med. rare/more rare now...yea darn near raw kinda now who knew I would flip. What I do is dark hard deep sear on both sides, even edges as I hold my steak in tongs and be sure to get all fat crispy around edges etc and after that sear on each side I put on low heat and let it set a sec and pull off and eat up that sucker....all of it...except the super gristle nasty part I might get
I eat all the fat from every meat....ahhh the crispy chicken skin, oh boy the dark bark fatty from pork and ribs....oh yea this gal eats her meat fats in glory!

being Labor Day I hope you and hubby are relaxing and chilling

KM, sounds like you guys are moving and shaking thru this weekend fast. Glad you are having fun!

HI ALL
hubby and I off to check out some stuff at stores etc

Yesterday I googled NC Festivals/Fairs and found Iredell County Agricultural Fair, only 30 mins. up the road. Kiddo called a friend and we got her and we all left. Kids did rides like crazy and ate junk....hubby and I walked the exhibits which were 'ok' but the animals (cattle, horses, chickens for shows/judging) was more our speed. The other exhibits were kinda blah but done mostly by kids I think, but some of the garden club exhibits were really nice......well that killed 4 hrs. Hubby wanted out after 3 hrs cause his back and he was moaning and a pain in the azz if ya ask me, but I get it, when in pain you moan but geez ya know.....anyway.....cost me a ton of money. Kids 'won by popping ballons' 2 darn good sized stuffed animals and it cost me flipping $50 friggin' dollars to do just that....kill me ya know...but having cancelled our big vacation due to MIL in rehab etc I figured I would blow some money on them. Day was fab, 80 and nice and watched some Ninja guys do a show of crazy jumping and smashing bricks and more................so all in all fun day. -----oh brought home 2 giant turkey legs for me to eat today. The smell from the grill as they were cooking was oh so good. Had a bite last night and it was so fresh and delish!!

kiddo sleeping over with friend at another friend up the road...told her to get home by 10am this morning. school tomorrow and she is tired to the max I am sure so controlling her day today to ensure I don't have no pain in the butt kid in the morning saying she doesn't feel good and wants out of school LOL

sunny and nice here, mowing will commence this afternoon HA

great day all
  #2495   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 17:57

BF:

Day in PJ's. the 2 guys I ditched were awesome about it. One offered to bring me soup! The dude I was holding out for never called. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meanwhile I met yet another guy - he is all about take it slow and just write a while. And ya know what I love it! He is also a Brit- gotta love those guys!

I spent the day on the couch and even dosed a bit- walked the pooch and made soup. That was all so tired I am grabbing my computer to binge some Netflix in bed before I drift into LALA land.

Personals in am
  #2496   ^
Old Mon, Sep-04-17, 18:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Well, I just had the most delightful visit w/K-mom and her SD. They stopped at our house and brought us garden fresh tomatoes and zuchini and lots of 'em. I'm in heaven. (((((K-mom))))))

K-mom's SD is an absolute charmer. So vibrant and smart and pretty! She was shy at first but then she warmed to it and she is a ball of energy with a beautiful smile. She adores her mama! I can see why K-mom doesn't post as much when her SD is w/her for the weekend. Kids take up our time, and if I had a joy like that around, I'd not be posting much either. Plus this little sparkler could make you earn a nap, right K-mom?!

Watching the two of them sign back and forth was like watching a beautiful ballet of the hands. K-mom is an incredibly impressive woman in so many ways. Yes you are K-mom!!!

Lori---LOL, I have seen my golf addict brother totally lose his smile and his sense of humor over a bad game. Ha. We used to all go to Mexico together every spring vacation and I'll never forget when his 13 year old son shot a hole in one. Just like that. Thought my brother--- who has played all his life and never got a hole in one--- was going to explode with a combination of pride and frustration. It's a very bewitching game as far as I can tell, and can really grab you around the collar and shake out your worst side. But for those who have the bug, the joy of it seems to overcome all that.

Thanks for answering my questions about the BG testing. I hope you continue to share your results w/us.

Nic---Thank you so much for your kind words and your belief in me. I really take that to heart because there are days these days I feel more like an overweight goose than a phoenix rising. Our belief in each other is wind under our wings...and boy do I need that gas these days!

Heh. To answer your question, we have several really cushy big floor pillows and hubby loves to build himself a nest w/them on the floor (very nice cushy area rug by the way) and watch TV---and then falls asleep there. I used to wake him up to come to bed, which was a struggle. Now I just leave him there till he stumbles into bed on his own.

Yeah---weird story about your son's gender neutral prof. I feel as you do, and it has NOTHING to do w/judgement on those different than me. But agree, it's not all about him/her, and sounds like he/she is making that be so. Not a good trait in a teacher of any kind. Professor is a gender neutral term. Seems it should be good enough. You can't punish the world for your own hurts and discomforts. There is either a lot of hurt here, or a lot of ego, or maybe a combo of both.

And man oh man, that "fidget ring" is the coolest thing I've never heard of. In the MidEast they have "worry stones" for this kind of thing. Kept in your pocket and rubbed smooth over time. I'm a leg bouncer. Yeah. I can bounce my leg up and down w/enough energy to power a small outboard, and I can do it unconsciously for a very long time. LOTS of jokes from pals and hubby about this. Heh. I just hope it burns some calories along the way.

Trigger---OK, I get how you're doing your steaks. Thanx for sharing. I might just try that. Crispy fat is good. After all, that's what pork rinds are, just crispy fat, and I love those to make LC fried chicken or "bread" almost anything with.

Your day at the festival/fair sounded so fun. Laughed about how much it costs to "win" one of those big stuffed animals, but boy it sure is fun for the kids. Love how level headed you are about this stuff, despite your urge to purge and slice a dime. You knew kiddo missed out on a vacation too, and you rightfully said to yourself, eh, this is the time to let some money go.

Just like when you let go of some bucks to show her how to apply make up in the right way. IMO, there are few better things you can do for an adolescent girl than make her feel good about how she looks. When we grow up and mature we learn that stuff is not all that important, but boy howdy, it sure is important to the audience at that age! I remember it well.

Jaz---Well, I'm pretty confused too about who you were going to meet up with today or not, I just hope whatever transpired was GOOD.

Also, thank you for your kind words and belief in me. You have a very big empathetic heart, and I always appreciate that about you.

So happy to get your updates on Ava. LOVE that you can see her any time. LOVE that her family can be there for her. What an experience for Noah! Learning early that life is complicated is NOT a bad thing. Sounds like some breast milk added in is an excellent idea. Fingers always crossed for that little fighter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheeew! Well I certainly have blabbed on and on, but I love communicating w/you gals.

Not much to say for me. Had a very quiet very restful weekend and I needed it.
AND, I'm on plan again today. I really need to live in today as much as I can right now, or the worrier in me will think she has a crystal ball. Crystal balls don't tell you nuttin! The future is not to be decided by us, but rather revealed as it comes. And sometimes we just have to buckle up and ride with that.
  #2497   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 04:30

BF:

Jaz, hope you feel better soon. so far nothing deadly going around here but with school I expect something coming this way LOL hope you relaxed well over this weekend!

Blue, a slow easy weekend is a good thing and today is back into the rat race
So cool reading about you and KM! you made me smile and it is great you had such a nice visit!!!

HI ALL
quickie here
hitting road early with hubby again
things to do, people to see, money to spend and getting sick of it....I am getting into that 'must have MY time' back but will suffer thru today out and about again.

will eat bacon cheese omelet and side of link sausage later somewhere on the road

got sirloin steaks for the grill tonight

great day all
  #2498   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 04:42

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I was in bed till 5:45 this morning. Lazy! Feels funny not to be going to boot camp. I still think freezing my membership for the month was a good idea, but it leaves me at loose ends. I may go check out our new Rec center that just opened. I hear you can get a free week's membership and then I'll consider joining in October.

My golf game was a little better yesterday, but my attitude was MUCH better. I just decided there was no reason to so upset about a silly game. It was a bad weekend as far as the score, but I was able to be out there trying, so there is that.

Jaz....hope you're feeling better today. A soup and jammie day doesn't sound all bad. How are you going to keep all these guys straight? Hope one of them is a prize.

Nic....that is so odd about your son's professor. Like you, I think Z is making an issue of something that should not be the focus. I hope your son can enjoy the class without fearing he'll say the wrong thing.

Blue....how special to meet Kmom & her SD. How nice of them to bring you some fresh vegetables.

Trig...your time at the fair sounds fun. I like to look at the animals etc too. Funny how you had to spend $$ to win a silly stuffed animal...been there, done that! One year at the beach, our grandsons won so many stuffed toys that we had them lined up across the back of one of the sofas. Our poor daughter had to find room in the car for all those big things to take them home!

Not much on tap for me this week. Laundry today and then the "bug man" comes for our quarterly spraying at 11:30.

DH goes to the Ortho Dr for his other shoulder this time. He wants the Dr to just put a shot in it and not go thru all the PT & xrays etc. Not sure the Dr will agree to that. Then he has a meeting at 4. He's not sure if they'll stay at the restaurant where the meeting is for dinner or if he'll be home. Luckily, I have some leftovers to feed him if he shows up hungry. He has this habit of wanting to eat 3 times a day!

My weight is up a couple pounds this morning. I knew it would be as I had a less than stellar weekend of eating. I'm back on my fasting schedule this morning, so I won't eat before 10. I think I'll be having a nice omelet to break my fast.

Such a rambling post! Hope you all enjoy your day. Gosh....we are on the countdown to Christmas now, aren't we? Ugh! I don't even want to think about Turkey day & Christmas. So much work and so much $$! OY!

Later!
  #2499   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh KMOM- and BLUE get together! What a great time! I can just picture the smiles all around! Plus the fresh veggies!
I wish we all lived closer!

Speaking of- I think next spring we should plan a get together like Lori had in NYC with her other thread pals.
Maybe we could plan a cheaper spot. Thoughts? Plus it would give us all time to get over the holidays. A gals week-end! Bet we could have some fun! Think about it!

Blue- enjoy those tomatoes! What a fun day yesterday!
Glad you are back on track WOE. You are so right to think about just today. I tend to be a worry wart too. To truly just be into the moment of RIGHT NOW- takes mindful practice. It is so much easier said than done.
I had to laugh about the hubs "nesting". I have new furniture- but prefer the floor. I pull out a fluffy comforter and my pillows and toss them on my fluffy rug- and nest too on the weekends. I thought I was the only one that did that. I have books, computers, phone all over the floor. It's so cozy.

Trig- I didn't figure you for a festival gal. I love those too! I would be like you- in the barns, and looking at the animals. Not into rides, or food trucks.
Ohio state fair has a lot of the big barns- they even have craft stuff to look at. Very cool way to spend the afternoon.
Kiddo spending the night = date night?

KMOM- so cool to hear to visited BLUE. We all know you are a super momma! You speak about your 2 daughters. Do you have any boys, or just the 2 girls?
Are we doing water this week?
So what else do you grow? Do you have fresh herbs? Love some fresh basil!

Leeann- Hope you had a lovely hike! Nice that you could get the pups out to play as well!
Sorry to hear about DS18 and his sore throat- it is going around!

Wow oh wow about that instructor. To make such a big deal over his / her gender is so inappropriate. Who said that the word Professor was not allowed? That is a gender neutral word. What a distraction agreed!

Not done yet- but now running late- BRB- in an hour
  #2500   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 05:42

BF:

Jaz, date night? are ya outta your mind here HAHA hubby would have the gun loaded for sure....no just 2 gal friends LOL

Lori, you didn't just say Christmas did ya? how dare you!!!!!!!!!!
I hear on the stuffed critters. Last year I ditched TONS of critters, good ones to goodwill and bad ones to the landfill. Each time I grabbed one off the big shelf she has I said, hmm, 29.99, only 34.99 for that Care Bear....only $89 for that big zebra! only 14.99 for this and so one and it drove me nuts HAHA I shouldn't do that to myself but I do LOL

Like Nicco I had to clean dishes this morning. omg hubby made food like at 10 and left it all for me. thanks bud! he will get his come-uppance for sure
  #2501   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 06:19

BF:

Jaz- How ya feeling today? So with the one guy- the plans were loose and never happened or he just never showed up, or what? And now there is a Brit on the scene as well! WHEN did you join back up with this dating site because that is a lot of action! Sounds like the two guys you ditched (are you rescheduling with either of them?) were very nice though.

Trig- That fair sounds fun- all fairs sound fun! Although I am your and Jaz's polar opposite. We barely look at the animals if at all. I am all about the rides, and yes, the food trucks too. A fair is a splurge day for me for sure. But I am super glad that you guys had fun! And ROFL over the super expensive stuffed animals. I was always a hardass on that stuff and refused to give them money.
Hope your D made it off okay to school today. Getting DS out the door today was NOT GOOD. More on that later.

Blue and KMom had a MEET UP!!! I am so excited! That is really wonderful and made me grin all over myself. If I had a tail it would be wagging like mad! Loved reading about it. xoxox to you both!

Blue- you are rocking the plan, and even bypassing your treat night! Go girl! I know those clothes are fitting oh so much better now.

Speaking of fat/pork rinds- I have never liked pork rinds- at least the ones I had tasted (fluffy kind.) Well I discovered these ones called Mac's Pork Cracklings- they are at Walmart. Just pork and salt. But small and not fluffy and taste like bacon fat. These suckers are good! Very excited to find something that meets the crunch/snacky need for now. And a little goes a long way.

Lori- Yeah I'm kind of with you in thinking that the Dr isn't just going to give a shot but you never know. Doubtful though!
You will get those two water weight pounds off plus likely a friend as well in no time.

••••••••••••••

Ahhh, I am trying to take some deep breaths. DS15 was a freaking MESS getting ready for school today and he is going to be 15 minutes late for band, which is incredibly dumb because he has a new band teacher and wanted to make a good impression. Instead he is going to miss the man introducing himself and all of that stuff. Really, really dumb and it was his own fault. He insisted that he would get himself up- DH woke him at 6:55 (departure time 7:25) because he was still asleep. I didn't know this; my alarm was set for 7 (DH doing breakfast.) At 7:06 I stop in DS's room to put up the shades, thinking he is downstairs eating breakfast- nope, still in bed. I suggest he get up and get ready, and go downstairs. At 7:26, the boy comes downstairs, unbreakfasted. So now he will have to eat in the car. I mention cross country- OH! he forgot that stuff. So off he goes to gather it. Then I look at his shorts- which are not dress code. He put on any old pair. I go with him upstairs and we find appropriate pants. They finally leave- at 7:39. He will probably arrive around 7:45 or later. Band starts at 7:30.

It was SO HARD not to start yelling and lecturing. But I know he is nervous and anxious and it was just not the time. But we won't be having mornings like this. And he should have planned better for the day so he wouldn't have put himself in that position. Even though he overslept, with good planning he would have had himself pre-packed and his clothes ready and then he still could have left on time.

Sort of a stressful start to the day!

I have to throw a bone to DH and son though. A big tasty bone because they were great dogs!! lol I was having those PMS-cranky feelings yesterday-- the old woe is me, these people suck, life sucks, blah blah blah. I've gotten a lot more mature about handling it now though so I wasn't like shouting at anyone or anything but I knew it was going to be rough day. I told them I wanted help cleaning and vacuuming later on, but that I was having a rough time and I was taking myself hiking alone. Best for them and for me! Hiking is meditative and therapeutic for me and sure enough, a four mile "nature bath" cured me pretty well. I got home and couldn't believe my eyes- my men had cleaned and vacuumed in my absence. Isn't that wonderful? It made me so happy.

I am cracking up right now- the dogs are stone-cold snoozing right now. They have no idea what is going on with this early morning! Usually I feed them well after 9 AM in the summer- and this morning they were fed at 7. Back to school schedule. But they are sleeping now with the full tummies at 8:08 like it is the middle of the night. They are actually SNORING!

So now I am full on ready for Fall, with the advent of the school year. Bring it on!! My mind turns toward crunchy leaves and a little spice in my coffee now and again, soups and hot breakfasts and crisp evenings. And thinking of holidays even!

On plan and doing fine. Clothes are getting a bit looser as the bloat leaves town. Yay!!
  #2502   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 16:37

BF:

Ok- picking up from this morning-
So just - pick it up as part 2-

So Leeann- love the fact your 2 guys- really cleaned and vacuumed for you. that is my LEAST fave thing. Good for you!
So to hear about DS15 - not quite getting it into gear. I'm sure he will find his groove!
As will you. I too am ready for cooler weather- soup- boots, and skirts.

TRIG- kiddo sleeping over means YOU AND THE HUBBY have date night!!!!!! I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole!!!!
Hey how did your kiddo do today?

Lets see where I left off-
Lori- Did you do any better with the golf game yesterday? You missing bootcamp?
I can't do chicken thighs either- just not.
---------------------------------------------------
So I spoke briefly to the guy I was supposed to go out with. I thinking about a coffee meet. Then he says- he can't do the time I was thinking because he needs to meet with his parole officer. Charge you ask?
Well he served 6 months in the slammer and is on probation and 80 hours of community service- for choking his wife.
I CAN'T MAKE THIS UP!!!! OMG-

I just pulled myself off again. It was a free site. I might/ I dunno know might go back to Eharmoney. The thing is - They only give one or 2 or 3 dates every 6 months.

I think I am just going to stop- if it happens it happens. Thing is I know so many people that really do meet nice people on line. doesn't have the stigma it used to.
I am ready in the point of my life to have fun with someone. But really it is so hard working full time- not into bar thing, and I don't go out a lot at night here- not real safe.

Oh well- Life is more than just a marital status. But about that I will say- it truly it is the holiday/fall/ festivities that makes it really hard to always be that 3 wheel.

Moving on- so my boss is off in Malibu CA, for the next 3 weeks. But of course she had to but in on Jabber for a few minutes to ask how everything was. I assured her all was well- everything flowing- GO enjoy herself.
That seemed to be ok- as she did just that.

Can you believe we are getting another hurricane? I am somewhat down listening to the news these days. From sad to down right terrified. I am not one to bury my head - but OMG- Had do we handle more?

I am even concern GA will get the effects- but hardly the bullseye.

OK- want to stay positive. But somedays are better than others.

Very good on WOE - one day at a time. Had tuna for lunch/ hamburger soup for dinner and a hot dog. Done.

Going to binge some on Netflix- I think I am still sorta receiving from the cold.

Hope you are are doing well-
  #2503   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 17:23

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Just had to start w/you because OMG, getting our son out of bed in the morning was a consistent battle. Yeah, we did all those things you talked about, tried to get him to lay out his clothes, be prepared to bounce into the day if you want to sleep a bit later, right? Still, it was so often a battle. Like his mom, he has always been a night bird, just his internal clock. School is not set up for people like us.

And I really do think school should start at 9 and end at 3 or 3:30. Reasonable all around. Teenagers need more sleep than adults and this has been proven over and over again. Teenagers also struggle more with the transition between sleep and wakefulness. Just read an article about how first hour algebra students (8 freaking AM) do significantly LESS well than others who have the class at 1PM.

Excited for you as I hear the new season helping you to gin up your woe mojo. Thing is, even if we flirt w/leaving everything we've learned for a bit, just to test out boundaries and our beliefs, it's amazing how we can snap back into the habit of LC eating. And as long as it's a habit, if not a story of perfection, we're going to be OK.

Jaz---Don't know whether to laugh or cry about the guy who couldn't meet you because he had to meet w/his probation officer for choking his wife.

SIGH. I'm thinking the "free" site is pretty much about "you get what you pay for." And in this case, it seems to be a free for all w/no filters.

I TOTALLY agree w/you in that most people I know---those too old to hang out in bars and long past college parties and their twenties, etc--- who hook up successfully these days do it on line. I DO notice the men seem to have better luck for some reason. Just had a guy in my casting session today who was telling us about how he met his wife on line, because it was pertinent to the concept of the spot.

There is a site I see on TV, advertising for match ups for those over 50. Can't remember the name. Have you seen these ads?

In any case, I don't think doing this on line is the problem, but I DO think you have to find the right place to do it. One w/some filters. If you have to pay to get on it, perhaps you get a higher quality of candidates?

Trigger---I worry about your hubby and his back. He is too young to have to moan and groan his way thru life. Has he ever seen a chiropractor? Don't mean to ask dumb questions. And you don't need to share on this. But since I love you, I want the best for your hubs. You are a force of nature. Must be some way you can make him understand he doesn't have to live this way.

Lori---Glad you got your balance back on golf. I mean after all, it it's not fun most of the time, who needs it? Not a golfer at all, although I've tried with catastrophic results. But it seems to me it's a VERY social sport as well as an exacting one that is all about keeping you eternally humble. So, I guess if your game ain't great on a certain day, you look to who you're with and enjoy their company?

K-mom---Tuesday water, 3/3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, back to the "rat race" today as Trigger warned. Very full day. SO GLAD I took the long weekend to just chill. It's so weird to experience life going on as usual while knowing it has a time limit on it.

There are so many things out of my control. My woe is NOT one of those things. So yeah, one more day ON PLAN. Totally.

I just want NOTHING to do w/the scale for now. I've already experienced months and months and months of no significant drop, no matter what I do or don't. The consequences of treats fade away in the usual 3 days, but nothing I did LC to lose before is working anymore.

So, like I said, losing is not my thing right now. Not gaining is. And I can feel I'm succeeding at that. Good enough for now.
  #2504   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning! I get FIRST PLACE today if I hurry up-

I have cross posted with Lori and Trig so many times. We east coast gals must be on the same get up have coffee and write schedule.

BLUE- I know you are right about upping the investment for an online thing. The site I think you are referring is OURTIME. I did that site when it first started and they had not yet worked out some kinks- it would freeze etc..... But I might relook at it.
I also think you are right that guys have the edge! They are a lot of us cougars out here all with the same adgenda!
Yeah I have seen SEX IN THE CITY!

Glad you are doing well on your WOE! Sometimes when life does spin outta control I find that the WOE is a anchor. I tend to do better in those situations. It's when everything is going great and I'm feeling really secure I decide to go off the rail VEGAN for a week and gain 10 pounds! I miss the ROFL- emoji

At any rate I am glad- first you at least know when the first door will close. But you know on the other hand the rest of that phrase, another one will open. :agreed: Where does one "put" a video resume? Where does one go for your type of business? can you advertise yourself? I am sure you are covering all your bases. Speaking of- I know you are based WI- but have you thought about reaching out to say LA, NYC, ATL? The world is your oyster! It's all how you frame it right?

Leeann- I too had a kid that hated to get outta bed. That would be the DD!!!! Funny she became a teach later- but man oh man when she was a teen! She too is a night owl. I would go to bed and she would still be up at midnight on her phone.
So your DS15- sounds like one of those kids. But ya know- THOSE kids become amazing adults!
I am glad you are finding your way back to your WOE- Take if from experience- it does not take long to go off the rails. But id anyone can get back- it will be you.

KMOM- is you SD still with you? Still loving you ventured out to meet BLUE! Jelous! I would love to meet you all!
You still feeling good?

Lori- where are you lady? You still on the green? When did you say you were leaving for your cruise? Is the hurricane going to effect your trip?

Trig- how is the kiddo doing with school? Is she still not wanting to go? How far is the school from your farm? Does she take the bus? Yes I am a process gal. Details details.....
Is your hubby feeling better with his back? Is he ready to get outta doing what he does everyday? Did you say he runs cable line? That is heavy labor!
did you close your pool? Kinda sad the end of the season! But really the summer was rainy as can be! Not a great pool summer. We fit it in here and there.
-------------------------------------------
All- I have bumped up 4 pounds. But I have been on "cold" meds and nose spray that is a steroid- and ate hotdogs last night. Fluid retention! I know I have not cheated.
I am not weighing as much- about every 3 day. Which for me is a start!

I think I am going to STOP watching the news while I type this thread.
The hurricane is coming and I am keeping an eye on that. Atlanta is supposed to get some rain from it- but how much and how long is anybody's guess right now. Although because GA boarders FL- people are getting rather hysterical. Lines to the gas pumps, water, etc...... I did fill up my car last week BEFORE gas prices jumped 40 cents a gallon. I get great milage so I think I am good for right now.

Well all- I am doing a shake for lunch. Just need a gut rest day. I feel pretty inflamed from my cold and just feel the need to flush. So WATER WATER will be my friend today.

Not sure about dinner- it will be a protein for certain.

Have a great day- we are middle of week!
  #2505   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 06:40

BF:

Jaz- yeah that free site is not sounding like a winner to me. Agree with Blue about a paid site. There are some weird folks out there!
A THREE WEEK vacation for your boss? That is a hell of a lot of time off at once! Wow! I am kind of shocked that is allowed.

Blue- Interesting that you commented about high school start times because the public schools here are supposed to be changing to a later start time for high schoolers next year. No HS is supposed to start before 8 AM next year, if it actually happens. My kids' school already has a start time of 8:15, but since DS15 does band he arrives at 7:30. The public HS bus comes to the stop at 6:25 AM. Can you imagine?

Very glad that you took the time to chill when you could. I think that is one of the best benefits about being mindful and taking stock- knowing when to say no, or step back and protect your own interests so that you can handle stress better when it comes. So important!

••••••••••

So DS15 reports a good first day at school yesterday! As much as I will miss having a driver this year I will enjoy hearing from him, what he is willing to share.

Interesting development happened yesterday- let me back up a bit. I had to pick him up early from XC practice- he was getting another headache. He has been getting these migraine type headaches from time to time, usually during/after physical exertion. Anyway, we were talking on the way back and he revealed that he wasn't sure he wanted to be doing XC this year, that he was really thinking he really wanted to focus more heavily on music.

In the whole of things, I think this is really good. As I have mentioned on this site numerous times this summer, he gravitated heavily toward music this summer. Composition, lyric writing, instrument playing and the like. I think, with his brother gone and with the maturation he had this summer, he is finally starting to consider what HE likes and what direction he wants to go in, versus doing what his brother did. That is an EXCELLENT thing and I am in full support of that.

That being said, I told him that while he has my full support and we can go and get things set up with the music school for lessons etc, he had to go and talk to the coach today and let him know. Yesterday was the first day of school so I don't really think of this as "quitting" like I would if he were halfway in the season. I think it is self- realization. But he has to address it now. The kid is nervous and scared to do so, but I think it is important and not to do it over email but face to face. The coaches are nice and I think they will be bummed (he is one of the faster runners on the team) but it will all be okay. And he will grow from this.

Again, this has been a surprisingly interesting season in my parenting life. Certainly subject to change, as these things do, but DS15 has been sweet and cuddly and things have been good. I certainly hope this continues!

He got up and out much more smoothly today, also. Life is good!

I'm on track and doing fine. TOM came yesterday. I am only weighing about once a week, probably around Friday or so. Just doing my thing in as chill a manner as I can!

Leftovers for dinner tonight- Chinese for DS15 and leftover LC Mexican for me, if I eat dinner at all. I might just make it a late lunch.
Closed Thread