Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1411   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 12:26

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Days 26-28 are complete with attention paid to all of the following:

1) Strict keto meals with 1 or 2 meals a day on non-fasting days,
2) Longer IF (36-48 hour) session during each week, and 1 multi-day IF a month,
3) Reduction of cheese and other dairy products with the exception of HWC or butter, cheese limited to rare occasions on holidays or milestones,
4) Physical activity every day whether it's strictly exercise-based or work around the house,
5) Meditation at least once a day,
6) Further develop mindfulness and focus on a daily basis to truly understand those with different views or perspectives.

Just purchased a new BG/Ketone blood monitoring meter or system as they call it, the Keto-Mojo. While I used a Precision Xtra by Abbott in the past to monitor BG and ketones, the strips became prohibitively expensive, with ketone strips being ridiculously priced. I am in the mode now where monitoring BG is something I do more frequently, and the strips for this meter sell for $0.30 a strip. The ketone strips sell for $0.99 and both types of strips are sold in vials of 50. Early reviews and tests indicate that this meter is very accurate, so I'll have something for regular BG testing, which helps me better monitor how my food consumption impacts my BG. I'll also be able to test ketones a few times a week at a very reasonable price.
Sponsored Links
  #1412   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 23:11

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 4 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

Well, falling short this week. I did manage to do 20 min of dancing to Pandora dance station tonight while working in the kitchen, cleaning up and cooking but the house project didn't happen tonight. I've been busy but nothing extra I want to do on the house.
Will strive to hit goals this next week. I am looking more closely at what has to happen in the time frame I have, starting to figure out when to get the carpets done, etc. I think I can move my cat into the garage now, I think the weather will stay milder so he can be out there now that the extreme heat has (thankfully) gone. I can clean the guest room where he is now.
  #1413   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-17, 04:50

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM
4. In bed by 10PM

Day 37 complete

Totals:
9 missed meditation sessions
1 missed carb count
4 late bedtimes
2 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6
  #1414   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-17, 11:58

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

Minimum effort yesterday was go get 3 boards from the living room to storage - accomplished on the way to snowboarding session - first time downhills since I got sick and tired

2 boards remain but they need some attention this winter. finding a better place for them after re-organization.

#1415   ^
Old Mon, Nov-13-17, 22:52

Default day 1 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

spent an hour actually cleaning tonight - pulled out most of what was on the floor in the master walk in closet... swept floor and did baseboards. Spot cleaned door jambs, dusted the clothes rack poles. (yes that took an hour ) not getting too crazy in there, I don't want to move the stuff on the upper shelves, not my business to get into that stuff anyway...

25 min doing A Morning Cup of Yoga outside tonight, it's actually a bit chilly out, needed to go back in for a warmer T shirt...
  #1416   ^
Old Tue, Nov-14-17, 06:21

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 38 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
5 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6

Sick dog still messing with my walking and sleeping schedule. I'm hoping today is a better day. Just gave up on walking yesterday. I didn't want to leave him along and I couldn't face Leslie Sansone. Too tired more than anything else.
  #1417   ^
Old Tue, Nov-14-17, 08:05
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 0 of 90

Start date: 11/15/2017
Goal: Lose the extra pounds I gained over the spring & summer

Means:
1) Track food daily, keeping carbs < 30 net and calories < 2200 most days
2) Abstain from peanut butter, peanuts & cashews, dark chocolate, and Protein (Quest) bars
3) No eating after dinner
4) Get a 2+ mile walk in at least 5 days a week

For as good as this went in October it quickly fell apart over the past 10 days. I've had a nasty chest cold that has hung around for more than a week. Just when I think I'm getting over it another round of symptoms pops up. This is only the 2nd time that I've caught a serious bug since starting this WOE. Anyway, not feeling well weakened my resolve to stick with this challenge. Other than the quest bars 10 days ago I've stuck to eating OP and I've kept the carb count low. But I haven't tracked my food, I know that I've eaten too much at times, and I've eaten several times after dinner. Rather than explaining away my relapse with the "sickness" excuse, I'll just start the challenge over again. I am still shooting for 90 days of consistency sticking to a good VLC eating plan. I'll start this challenge again tomorrow with the same goals as before.
  #1418   ^
Old Tue, Nov-14-17, 08:19

BF:

I am sorry you are sick Ken. Being a no excuses person myself, I understand how these life challenges can mess with the best of intentions. Neither one of us has gone completely off the rails but we are being challenged in our intentions. Get well soon!

Jean
  #1419   ^
Old Tue, Nov-14-17, 22:54

Default day 2 of 5 this week

I usually don't do things on Tuesday, a both jobs day, but I came home from job one really feeling like I wanted to do something, so I spent 15 min on the master walk-in closet floor - did half of it (stuff moved to the other side) - and worked on a spot that didn't clean up the last few times I cleaned that floor...it was some kind of rubber/caulky clear stuff, I found it scraped off with a kitchen knife. I tend to get really tired as the week rolls on, so getting a jump on it today was good. I didn't exercise today, wearing out fast here...
  #1420   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-17, 05:33

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 39 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
5 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6
  #1421   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-17, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Not copping out, but things are too out of my control presently for me to adhere to this challeng, life is challenging enough right now, you know what they say about good intentions....
I will return in the new year, just struggling to not derail and maintain the loss I've "gained" thus far.
Keep up the great work, I am definitely cheering you on!!
  #1422   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-17, 11:35

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

I continue to catch myself reaching for dishes that are in the sink to re-use or in the basket that are already clean to use. When I realize this I pause, smile, then reach for a dish or utensil from the proper place. Fun to watch how mind works and habits form.

I'll be dropping off another load to storage today. My plan is to go thru car this afternoon and take anything out that I will use this winter, bring it in, then fill it back up with stuff I will not likely use much this winter. That's the plan anyway. It wont bother me to much of it changes, only a little
  #1423   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-17, 22:26

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynsnest
Not copping out, but things are too out of my control presently for me to adhere to this challeng, life is challenging enough right now, you know what they say about good intentions....
I will return in the new year, just struggling to not derail and maintain the loss I've "gained" thus far.
Keep up the great work, I am definitely cheering you on!!

Robyn - we'll be here for you when the time is right. Until then, our thoughts are with you, all the best.
  #1424   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-17, 22:47

Default day 3 of 5 this week

Robyn, we just do what we can. Hope to see you back.

45 min spent on more boxes in the entry way - my sister sent me 3 full of clothes, so unpacked them, sorted thru what wouldn't fit, put those in bags for Goodwill. Entryway clear again.

25 min spent outside this evening doing A Morning Cup of Yoga. Am getting stronger with the modified push-ups and standing on my toes, lowering myself slowly to a count of 5...I look forward to doing this now...
  #1425   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-17, 04:42

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 40 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
6 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6

Evening schedule got derailed last night. Bedtime was late (11PM). I really like my early bedtime and don't like going off schedule but occasionally it can't be helped. Mostly I am doing well with all my goals. I missed steps 2 times in the past week due to the dog being sick and not wanting to leave him for long to go for walks plus the stress of his illness (Lyme disease) left me too exhausted on those days to push myself to walk indoors to Leslie Sansone. Today finally I truly believe he is recovering and I might be able to stop carrying him around and supporting him in all his activities so his legs don't collapse under him. Plus walking him around the block several times a day really helps my step count. Soon he may be able to take walks again.
Closed Thread