Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 08:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thanks Kiks, Yes, I did have a good time, and I am finding that I am not even tempted, especially when people start noticing the weight drop. That gives me encouragement not to cheat. Every day someone is telling me that they can see the difference. That is a big......................incentive. Keep in touch. Peg
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/125/121 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 85%

WOW!!! You are doing GREAT!!! And I SO understand what you mean about the energy level!! That alone, will make me never go back to the other way of eating. I feel like a teenager!! Sometimes my kids have a hard time keeping up with me!! Do you have the walking tapes? You know, the ones where you walk a mile- then 2 miles, then 3? I love those with the stretch band. I bought the whole set at Target and I love them!! Use them all the time.
Best of luck. Come and visit my journal sometime.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:17

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Here is a link to a thread on the lowcarbers forums for thyroid problems. Atkins does address thyroid problems in his book.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 09:36
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Peg,

Congrats on your success, and more than that, you FEELING GREAT!!!! Sounds like you are definitely determined!!! And that's what it takes. If you're like me, this forum is what saved me. The people are amazing.

Also, nobody is ignoring you. The problem with posting in a thread like this in the Introduce yourself part, it gets lost with the new people starting. I highly recommend starting a journal. On the main page, go to Journal/Bootcamp, click that, then click start new thread at the top. Name it something you wish, then you've got a journal. Then people can pop in on you. I've met a ton of great friends that way.

Best of luck to you!!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-17-04, 19:30

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 168/143.5/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi, Peg;
I saw your pic in the gallery; congratulations on posting it! I wish I had the nerve or the ambition, but...
Have a great evening!
Julie
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 01:56

Plan: 6 week
Stats: 185/185/170 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

cudos to you! Some diets have high drop out rates ,like mine .
That is why I'm only going to be on it for 6 weeks. Its is the one they chose for extreme makeover.Point being , that if you even smell like you want to quit pick another that allows different foods but stick with some type of program. There are a bunch of healthy diets allowing a little more freedom ie.. S. Beach ,protein power. The Atkins has some of the fastest results I've seen! I have wrote all the reasons for losing weight and no matter how small and I'm referring to it daily when I get weak. Visualize small goals then change them later,say 20lbs ~ a time. Bunch of Love .xxx
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 07:19

BF:

Cheryh,thanks for your support. Just yesterday, I too listed all the reason I have to lose weight. I put it in front of my treadmill so it will give me the incentive to keep walking, along side of the size 18 jean that I want to get into before I get in the size 14 that is my goal. lol. Thanks LMmama,sevenclark and cara73 for your support. Love, Peg
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 11:44

BF:
Default Yippee..............Scales arrived.

undefined

[SIZE=4]undefined[/SIZE
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My scales arrived. I'll be weighing myself tomorrow morning. Hope it's good news. I"ll let you all know Monday morning. Wish me luck. Love you aLL, Peg
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 12:11

BF:

Well, I got my scales and if you read in my journal you will see that I had my starting weight wrong. I couldn't remember whether I weighed 286 or 268 so of course I took the lower number. I now weigh 258.5 so I know it had to be 286 as I have dropped a full size and everyone says that they can see a difference. I have lost 20 before and no one noticed, so I am sure on this. So as of this morning I have lost 27.5 pounds, which makes me veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhappy. I know I probably won't lose that much the next four weeks, being that you lose a lot of water when you first start, but it sure does give me the incentive to keep on going. So I am going onward but thankfully not upward. Ha.Ha. I have had to take off a "few" of my rings (yes I like rings) because they are too big and I am afraid of losing them. So guys all the waiting for the scales was worth it. Have a good day, and KEEP ON LOCing. Peg
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 23:17

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 168/143.5/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%
Thumbs up Woohoo!!

Good for you, Peg. That's a great start! Can't wait to see the rest come fallin' off, lol. Keep up the good work!
Julie