Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-08, 00:16

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default YAY my PPLP book came early!

My book came a day early. I wish I had known, the UPS guy had left it out by the garage door (he always does that if its a nice day - but I'm glad I saw it because its going to rain tonight!)

Anyway, I'm excited. New low carb book to read - maybe this one will help me figure out how to get all the way to my goal I'm real happy to be maintaining and feeling so much better - but I want to be a little smaller....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 10:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Have you finished reading the book yet?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Rachel, how is it going for you? I looked at your pics and you are looking just incredible! Can't imagine how great you will look at goal.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 02:10

BF:

Thanks I'm still reading the book. I was surprised at how long he took to "get to the point" then I realized the point was to read the whole thing. lol.

But I've upped my protein to his requirements and I've added exercise (mainly weight lifting) back in. Let's hope it works. I'm ready to move below 160 and am getting frustrated and thinking awful things like "maybe it was alllll water weight and now I'm just done?"
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 05:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 182.6/177.4/125 Female 5'5 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

If you lost that much weight I wouldn't think it would be just water weight, maybe adding in weight training and protein will kickstart you again, that's what I'm planning to do myself.
I just got this book too a couple of days ago and so far the first 100 or so pages is very good and educational, diabetes runs in my family.

There's one section where they write that if you overeat but are doing LC, you won't lose weight but you won't gain it either. If that's true I'll enjoy maintenance!

Last edited by sonvaz : Sun, Mar-09-08 at 05:47.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 13:41
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Rachel, it's great to see you're weight lifting. I am such a firm believer in women weight training if possible (or at least some kind of strength/resistance training). I wish my wrists would get better soon so I could get back to that myself! Just one word of caution...when you're working on your muscle like that the body will retain water to protect and heal the muscle, so try not to pay too much attention to the scale...especially soon after working out. Make sure you are taking your measurements too. I don't want you to focused too much on the number and missing all the other benefits, including reshaping your body. I found I did that before the number on the scale changed (it often took awhile to catch up)...so it may take a bit of patience in that regard, but you're totally doing the right things!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 23:53

BF:

Thanks everyone.

I think my diet is back on track today. For right now I'm trying to keep the calories low and only the BEST calories. protein (including meat, some eggs, and Whey powder), small amounts of cheese, cream, etc (ike no more than 2 oz total, plus flax oil for plant fat). And no more than 2 cups of medium carb veggies (i.e. zuccini, broccoli, green peppers, etc). I'm really not in the mood for a salad at the moment.

And I did a good workout yesterday and today. I think I can survive anything for a week or two. I'll see if the scale moves or my pants fit better after 2 weeks and go from there. I'm sure it will work.

I think most of my problem is being a full time college student I spend a LOT of time sitting and reading and at my computer. So I have to make sure I put some serious exercise in 5-6 days a week. Plus I think that even though I lost just fine on slightly higher carbs at first, maybe I have to accept the fact that that doesn't work now that I've lost weight.

I am getting stronger though. Today I moved the Total gym up another level. And considering I haven't lost like 20lbs since the last time I moved it up (and it was REALLY difficult to do 6-8 reps at that level at first) to be able to move it up means I'm gaining strength.

I'm actually reasonably happy with my current weight as far as normal day to day things. I'm in a size 14 again and size large ladies shirts - which is fine. But I recently got back into the sport I did as a teen (skating) and I'm really wanting to be the weight I was back then (or close) so I can try some of the moves I did back then again (i.e. jumping). So that's my motivation right now.

Last edited by RachelTN : Mon, Mar-10-08 at 00:39.