Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 00:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Atkins product at Coles!!

I just purchased the Atkins brand "Creamy Ranch" Dressing at the 24 hr Coles in Burwood East, Melbourne!

Awesome! $6.99 it cost.

That was the only product that they had.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 22:57

BF:

An update on this, it looks like that same Coles has now expanded it's products. They have bars and shakes etc.

I bought a tin of atkins advantage shake mix.

Anyone else found these at other supermakets ?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 23:51
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=213784

Hi Dave, yes, Coles and Woolies in my area have been selling Atkins products for a while now. Bars and shakes. Awfully expensive though, and absolutely not worth it for mine.

Roz
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 19:10

BF:

I've found the prices at Coles quite reasonable.

The advantage / endulge bars are about $4.50

That's the cheapest around.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-05, 18:11

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

I bought a tub of the shake from Woolies and it cost $26.95. Also got some of the morning shine bars - box of 5 for $11.95. They also had the premixed shakes, advantage bars and endulge bars - they were all around the $4.95 mark.

I won't be getting them all, all of the time but will definitely get some every time I am shopping. With all the money I am saving from not buying processed food, will nearly pay for all of the atkins food. Small price to pay for losing weight. If u went to weight watchers you would be paying every week and an upfront joining fee too and then there is the literature etc. So in some way it kinda balances out.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-01-05, 19:32

I have just been to my local coles and have to amend what I said yesterday. The advantage bars were $4.95 each and the endulge bars were $2.95. The pre made shakes were also $2.95. I bought a bag of the pancake mix too for $8.95 which I thought was expensive but when u consider there are 10 serves at 4 pancakes per serve, it is not too bad.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 06:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tigger_
I bought a tub of the shake from Woolies and it cost $26.95. Also got some of the morning shine bars - box of 5 for $11.95. They also had the premixed shakes, advantage bars and endulge bars - they were all around the $4.95 mark.

I won't be getting them all, all of the time but will definitely get some every time I am shopping. With all the money I am saving from not buying processed food, will nearly pay for all of the atkins food. Small price to pay for losing weight. If u went to weight watchers you would be paying every week and an upfront joining fee too and then there is the literature etc. So in some way it kinda balances out.

Also WW flog their own choclate bars, lollies and cookbooks all the time.
WW was expensive for me, also expsensive to my health
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 14:49

I ate the endulge bar i bought yesterday.... so yummy. I am kinda over the whole chocolate addiction thing, but u never know when it will come in handy Also the premaid drink was so much better than the powder. Although I am trying the powder again today and putting it in the blender. also going to have the pancakes for breakie so fingers crossed they are yummy too. Its just a shame that my coles didnt have any of the mapel syrup. Ah well u cant win them all. I think I am going to have to frequent a couple of coles and see if i can get everything i want that way

Last edited by _tigger_ : Tue, Aug-02-05 at 14:49. Reason: typo
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-05, 20:37
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
also going to have the pancakes for breakie so fingers crossed they are yummy too. Its just a shame that my coles didnt have any of the mapel syrup. Ah well u cant win them all. I think I am going to have to frequent a couple of coles and see if i can get everything i want that way

Hi Tigger,

Coles at Fairfield Gardens has the maple syrup as well as the Atkins' Bake Mix, so keep looking. I've also found a big range of Atkins' products at a health food shop at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown. And of course GNC in the Queen St Mall opposite Myer has loads of stuff too.

Cheers,

Roz
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 04:35

BF:

Quote:
I ate the endulge bar i bought yesterday.... so yummy. I am kinda over the whole chocolate addiction thing, but u never know when it will come in handy Also the premaid drink was so much better than the powder. Although I am trying the powder again today and putting it in the blender. also going to have the pancakes for breakie so fingers crossed they are yummy too. Its just a shame that my coles didnt have any of the mapel syrup. Ah well u cant win them all. I think I am going to have to frequent a couple of coles and see if i can get everything i want that way

Tigger, just for the record - the endulge bars are no good for induction, if peeps are on induction they should only have the advantage bar.

I'm on induction, but you may not be, you may be on phase 2 ?
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 18:04

Hi dave

I am unable to start with the induction stage as I am breastfeeding my 3 month old baby. I am doing as the atkins book recommends and starting at stage 4. Although I am keeping my carbs below 70 grams and calories above 1500.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-05, 19:06

BF:

okay cool,

I hope it goes well!

Dave