Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 07:37
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default November 15 - 21 Cycler's Thread

Here we are, new thread started!

Holding steady on High fat carb down at 169. *sigh*

Last edited by Nancy LC : Mon, Nov-15-04 at 07:45.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 07:45

Plan: Carb Cycle
Stats: 185/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

Down two pounds the first time I weighed. Down one pound the second time I weighed. I think I'll take the first one!

I am continuing down cycle until the weight loss stops.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:00

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Completed 4 days CD and finally reached the pre-CU weight of 173. Heading for VT - hopefully tomorrow.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:01

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Nancy, that you are holding steady--having added some cals with the high fat these past few days--is a good thing, encouraging, no? I hope! At least you know you'll be eating well today and enjoying your food...with possibly results in the next day or two. (And, I hope the same for me--later with any news at all.)

KathyD,
Quote:
Down two pounds the first time I weighed. Down one pound the second time I weighed. I think I'll take the first one!

I don't blame you!

Back later, after gym etc.

XXX Sona
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:14
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Default Good Morning Cyclers!

Good Morning All!

I'm holding steady after a three day carb/cal up. Actually, my carbs haven't gone up that much, but calories certainly have. I was at 143.8 this morning, only .2 up from my lowest, so I'm pleased. I'm continuing Carb UP today, not sure for how much longer. I'm evaluating. More about that later...

NancyLC: Thanks for getting us going! Well, better than gaining! You were giving it two weeks, right

Kathy: Take it, Take it!!!

nutsnseeds: Hopefully you'll see Vermont tomorrow. Just keep working your plan!

Sona: Good morning. Will look for your stats later...

Later, everyone!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Happy it's Monday!

Nancy LC-steady is great! It's like coming out even in Vegas-a total win!!!
KathyD-2lbs down! Wow! Way to go!
nutsnseeds-VT here we come!!
Sona-can't wait to hear ur news!
LCanita-calories up & steady, you go girl!!

Well, even though I had to deal with some emotional garbage this weekend, there's always a positive with a negative. I am down to 140 this morning!!! It's been years!!! Woohoo!!!!!
Now for staying there for more than an hour...

Have a great day everyone! And thanks again for being there for me.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:58
Thank You Dr. Atkins

potomacnan: Woo Hoo Way to Go! Vermont!!!

#8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 09:23
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Contrats, Poto!

And thank you all for finding a silver lining for me.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 10:28

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi all!
I weighed in this morning at 141 lbs after carb-up weekend. I'm carb-down now...gonna lose those gained lbs and more! Good luck everyone!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 10:44

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

quick hello before i run off to curves

poto - congrats on getting to 140. we are both at 140 now!

apk - good luck with your carb down this week, sending you good thoughts.

nutsnseeds- hope you reach vermont real soon, you are doing great

anita - it's promising that your weight is holding steady. i wish you success in taking off those final pounds.

have a great day everybody
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 11:05

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:

Good morning again! Back from a jog--was going to the gym, but it's actually pretty outside. Now my face is beet red!

Asalvato, I wanted to thank you for posting your spreadsheet prototype. I like what you're doing; it's scientific, and I like methodical ways of keeping track when it comes to my WOE and exercise, etc. That's why I like fitday, although many find it too much of a pain! I'm sure it's helpful to you in calculating what to eat, where you should be, and so on. I like that.

Apk: So, today is carb down to begin the week. Well, that's good. Mondays are good days for that. Good luck, and lock up all those LC treats! Do you weigh yourself every day or just once a week?

Amethyst/Dana, today is day 2 of carb down, isn't it? How's it going? Are you hungry? Are you eating high fat, medium, or just watching carbs? You don't use fitday? Or do you? (can't remember) Good luck!

Pattilacy, CD day one--again, good day to start (). And good luck!

Nutsnseeds, well, congratulations! Here's to seeing virgin territory within the next few days!!

Anita, you are sooo good at this. I couldn't maintain a one-day carb up (although I did--see below) without freaking at this point. But you can manage days and days! Congrats on that--and this week may be the VT week for you!

Poto, just one thing to say to you: WAY TO GO!!! The best news of all!

As for me, after that day of moving from 113.5 to 114, I was disgusted enough to have a cal up day (carbs at about 15 net)--hey, I wanted it, and I was too miffed to care about whether or not it was a wise thing to do. I am so &*^$ at my body---here I am, being so good, and how does it reward me? Ach, never mind.

So anyway, I weighed in this morning still at 114, so perhaps I didn't really do a lot of damage--or maybe, as Anita was musing, maybe higher cals without raising carbs doesn't do as much to the system. At any rate, I'm going to monitor this week and if I can get to 113 (man, I'm beginning to sound like the Hebrew slaves back in Moses' day: "Next year in Israel..."), then I'll try a high cal/reg. low carb day or two or three.

Have a lovely day, ladies!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 13:52

Plan: NHE/Carb Cycling
Stats: 180/161/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi all,

I was participating in the carb cycling thread on the LC Friends site, and after conversations with Anita and Transplant, I thought I'd come over here and join you guys in your cycling adventures. I hope that's ok!

A little about myself....I originally started LCing in October 2000, and cycled my way to goal using a 12 days on, 2 days off model. Unfortunately, I missed the WOL message and fell off the LC wagon....after being run over by the LC wagon and dragged until I gained my original 35 pounds lost, plus another 15 , I finally found my way back in this September. I'm down about 17 pounds since 9/15 and have 33 left until I reach my first goal of 130. At that point, I will really start focusing more on body fat and not weight.

As far as cycling, I just started following the NHE plan of 2 CU meals a week with an emphasis on starchy carbs and limited fat/protein during those meals. The rest of the time I stick to LC with moderate fat, and no frankenfoods. I'm also a Diet Coke addict, and have determined that there is no hope for me in that area.

I'm definitely one who tracks progress (my motivation!!!) and I use Fitday religiously, as well as a couple of spreadsheets I started to help me identify trends (well, I haven't found any trends yet, but you never know!). I guess I just like filling the stuff out....it kind of keeps me focused and committed to losing the tonage. I've posted them below in case anyone is interested.

I just finished my CU meal last night, so I'm up the expected pound this morning and am tossing back the lemon water to help it drop off asap. Hopefully I'll see VT by Wednesday or Thursday.

I look forward to getting to know each of you better, and supporting each other in our weightloss journey!

Bethany

#13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 14:06

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

welcome to our group bethany nice to have you here!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 14:06
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Bethany, there you are. A great big Cycler's welcome to you.

Sona: I bet you love those charts.

apk: Good luck on carb down this week.

Everyone: I'm sending lower weight vibes to everyone even as I post!

Anita
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Welcome Bethany!

Sona-Don't be hard on yourself (easier said...) I checked out your fitday and it looks like this is day 3 of CD. I have full confidence that your scale will be moving on down!!! What is your caloric intake goal for CD and how many on CU?
You can do it!!!