Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 03:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/222/190 Female 71
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. I have had success in the past with low carb Atkins.
I seem to yo yo with my weight most of my adult life. The most success I had at losing and keeping weight off was with low carb.

I'm back on the high end of my weight and feeling uncomfortable from it.
I can't seem to stay motivated beyond a day or two for some reason, something always gets me off track and I have plans to get back to eating on plan but I never do.

I look forward to the motivation from here. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 10:40

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome back! Yes, there are a lot of us yearning to get off the yo-yo rollercoaster. Unfortunately, the choice of eating plan isn't the complete answer. Commitment is the answer!

Quote:
something always gets me off track
Can you specify what "something" usually or often is for you? Perhaps others here have some ways of pushing back.

For me, regular motivation involves making the LC lifestyle just that: a lifestyle. I even think of it as a hobby! Visiting this forum, exploring books and websites on LC eating, making grocery lists and planning meals...all this adds up to entertainment. Strange, yes, but true.

Also, I hold a firm commitment: No sugar. No starch. That saves me waffling when confronted with these substances--or else, being very clear-eyed that I'm making a poor choice when I do choose, occasionally, to eat something off plan.

And it is all about choosing. Food doesn't usually jump down my throat all by itself.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 11:11

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

I just listened to a podcast where the speaker said you only need motivation to decide to begin. After that you have to think "discipline"...discipline yourself daily to follow through. It will eventually be a habit. If you wait for motivation on a daily basis, you will lose a lot of days. Just another way to look at it.