Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-16, 10:20

Plan: Ketogenic diet
Stats: 171/171/130 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Need help with accountability!

Hi everyone.

My name is Andrea. I'm not new to the carb restricted diet but it has been a while since I've followed it. Previously I have followed the south beach diet and had success with it. I recently started a ketogenic diet after reading up on it.

I was almost a week into my diet and doing great. Yesterday I must not have packed a big enough lunch because I was starving mid afternoon. We had a ton of Christmas treats in the break room and I indulged. I felt so defeated after and I even stopped for junk on the way home.

Today I started over. I feel like that week was for nothing.

I think I could benefit from an accountability buddy. Is there a way to find that on here?

Also I weigh 171 and would like to be 130. I'm in a wedding in March, it would be nice to lose some before that.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-16, 11:49

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Hi Andrea- there are quite a few accountability threads here, mostly in the buddies section- http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106 Many of them involve daily or weekly weigh ins. That would be a likely place for you to find someone to *bond* with.

We all have slips at some time. It's like quitting smoking - few quit forever the very first time out. Last week's adherence to a low carb diet was not wasted. It likely resulted in lower blood sugar, lower insulin, maybe more nutrients from real foods than usual, all good for enhanced health.

I hope you are back on the LC wagon today. In time you will stitch together many compliant days and begin to feel better and see results. This is a tough time of year to start with temptations everywhere, but you will have a great head start when the new year rolls around.

Good luck seeing some significant results by March.