Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-10, 18:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/185/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Question for women?

Right now im in a tight size 16 because 18's are too big. Is it possible to drop 2 pant sizes in a month through exersize and Lc. I would like to be a 12 or 14 12 is asking alot but 14 is the real goal. Has anyone accomplished this task and how? I would love to know! I dont even care about the weight lost during the time just the inches. I also want to know if anyone would like to attempt this task with me.
~Valerie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-10, 18:50

Plan: loosely PB
Stats: 197/135/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I went from a tight 16 to a comfortable 14 by going from about the lower 190s to about 180. Say 15 pounds. Which took me longer than a month but YMMV. But your body type might be too different from mine for that too mean much; I must be more bottom heavy than you. Fat loss doesn't always happen all over. I know some months my pants were getting loose, and other months my tops were getting loose.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-10, 19:37

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I haven't lost that much in a month but Teresa Tapp's programs are all about that. Check out t-tapp.com. I've done her exercises and they are amazing, you can feel it, and they really work for losing inches. She was a PT for models and says inches are what counts in that business so that's what she developed programs for.

in that amount of time, if you are basically healthy, younger, with good muscle and not too many metabolic problems, AND IF you have not already tightened up, you can do a LOT with pant size - basically everything between chest and thighs.

I say healthy because her exercises have you going at your personal max intensity and you need to be healthy for that one.

I say younger because in general you recover more quickly - and then can work the muscles again.

I say not too many metabolic problems because that level of exercise means you need to be able to run on both fat or sugar with ease. Sugar during the exercise and fat during the recovery.

I say if you haven't already tightened up because less conditioned people show more inches lost faster, than people who are almost there. Same like when our fat loss slows the closer to goal we are.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 21:05

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

drop your calories and/or up your exercise and 12 will be well within reach. be consistent with that for a month and you'll be going for 10 before long.