Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 15:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/380/240 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up Time to Change

Hi everyone,

I'm back and have decided enough is enough. I did the Atkins Plan about 12 years ago, lost 70 lbs in 6 months and then decided I had it all figured out.....well I didn't. I was half way to my goal, things were looking good and I just stopped, no excuses, no life changing event, no medical situation I just stopped doing what was working.

A potato here, a slice of bread there and the next thing you know I had gained it all back plus some. I had originally weighted 383.6 lbs, lost down to about 305 lbs then after about 3 years got back over 400 lbs....happy days.

My knees were shot from carrying around what was basically another human for several years. Walking or any exercise was out of the question since getting up and going to the bathroom was a chore and I was lost and had basically given up to some extent.

Over the past 6 or 8 years I finally managed to get down to about 350 lbs by "dieting" and was lucky enough to find a Doctor that replaced both knees a year ago. At that time I was going to walk, work out and the weight would fall off....it hasn't.

So here I am again. I need to understand that I can do this and that LC is the way to do it. I had half heartedly tried LC a time or two since my first success but when the scales did not move to my satisfaction I decided that it just didn't work the second time around, I sure hope that is not the case but you do here stories on other sites. Those of you with any insight into that aspect please feel free to share your experiences.

All I can do is say I am here now I have 150 lbs to lose and really want to make this work. I know where I am and I know where I want to be, it really is up to me.

Thank You
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 15:53
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome Laker44. I've been a 400 pounder, too. Not fun. Make the change. Make this work for you. You won't regret it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-17, 17:08

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction/zc
Stats: 185/170.5/135 Female 67
BF:32
Progress: 29%

[QUOTE=Laker44]Hi everyone,

I'm back and have decided enough is enough. I did the Atkins Plan about 12 years ago, lost 70 lbs in 6 months and then decided I had it all figured out.....well I didn't.

A potato here, a slice of bread there and the next thing you know I had gained it all back plus some.

So here I am again. I need to understand that I can do this and that LC is the way to do it. I had half heartedly tried LC a time or two since my first success but when the scales did not move to my satisfaction I decided that it just didn't work the second time around, I sure hope that is not the case but you do here stories on other sites. Those of you with any insight into that aspect please feel free to share your experiences. [End Quote]

So many of us have been down this road before! You are not alone. I don't have as much to lose, but it's a lot more than any other time of my life. Hang in there - we can all do it together!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 11:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/380/240 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 3%

It's just a one day at a time kinda thing and I've got to understand that most and move forward and not look back. I think there was a movie years ago and a guy riped of his rear view mirror and said "Whats behind me is not important !!!! " I have to use that as a motto I think.
Laker44
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-17, 17:38

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Welcome Laker!

If you're looking for inspiration and guidance, you could not do better than to start reading Khrussva's journal. Khrussva (Ken) was the first person to respond to your introductory post so all you have to do to find his journal is scroll back up to his response and click on his "journal" button. Before you do that tho, click on his "gallery" button and look at the before and after shots he's posted.

Not only has Ken made the journey from 400 pounder down to a normal weight, but he has written with uncommon honesty and insight about the trials and tribulations, as well as AMAZING JOYS of that journey.

Ken is a bit too modest to make the suggestion himself that you go read his journal but he's got a whole bunch of "groupies" here (of which I am just one example) who will toot his horn for him. Seriously, go take a look.