Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 12:49

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 204/187/145
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy Am I a Turtle?

I started this diet Apr 1st. I started at 204 and I'm down to 187. I seem to be stuck or just moving at a snails pace. I work out every day for 45 minutes and then I head into the sauna for another 12-15 minutes. I drink lots o'water. I have been hovering around 187 for 3 weeks now. What can I do to kick start myself into gear again? Somebody out there hear me ROAR!
Any help would be great..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 15:55

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

17 pounds in 6 weeks a turtle? ye gods, no!

I lose 1-2 pounds a month. That's a turtle! And these days I'm profoundly grateful for that loss, considering how much I've dieted in the past.

You'll lose a lot quickly, then nothing for awhile, then a lot again. This is the "whoosh" phenomenon.

Also look at the link "tips" in the orange bar at the top and check out the advice on stalls. Most common stalling foods--Atkins bars and other frankenfoods, dairy, and processed meats.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 11:29

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 204/187/145
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink Thanks

I want to thank you...I really wasn't sure. I checked out the tips on the orange bar,like you suggested. What a great bunch of info that is. I have been reading other peoples postings and I guess that I'm not doing so bad. I have printed out sooooo much material off of this site it's just unreal.
I am also a diabetic. So I feel like I am learning so much about what is really best for me. It makes a difference reading the material rather than being told by my doctor. I feel like I am making the right decision to change my lifestyle. I want to be like Jiminey Cricket and live to be 103. Thanks again for your encouragement.
Char

Last edited by charveloz : Fri, May-17-02 at 11:36.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 11:44
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Oh, I'm SO glad to hear you're educating yourself rather than just taking your doctor's word as gospel!! That's a very smart thing to do!

I'm same as Raz, too. I'm losing at about 1-1.5 lbs per month....but I'm happy with what I'm eating, so no sweat!!

You're doing fine. This is SO normal....I see it all the time and I went through the same thing. But fortunately I kept coming to this board and reading more and more. I got lots of help from some very smart and nice people and they kept me on track! Thank God for that!! Where would I be now if not for them? Probably eating french fries by day and crying by night!! I'm so much happier and healthier now.

Hang here for a while. You'll be just fine!