Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/222/140 Female 5'10"
BF:no clue. too much
Progress: 16%
Default Nutella = the Devil.

I. ate. an. entire. 13oz. jar. of. Nutella. in. 2. days.

I'm going to hell. Or at least up a pants size. I can't stop eating it. I need a lc version of this (and it MUST be JUST as good) that won't give me diahrea(sp). Or so help me, someone better take away all my money and transportation, because I'll find it. I'll find it and eat it. All.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 14:27
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You're in luck, the healthy indulgences blog as an LC Nutella recipe.

http://www.healthyindulgences.net/2...t-cupcakes.html

Last edited by Nancy LC : Wed, Aug-24-11 at 15:04.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 18:28

Plan: Somersizing (High Fat/Low
Stats: 170/145/120 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 50%

I found the entry below in the recipe section of the "Low Carb Friends Forum". Sounds googd to me.

NUTELLA OR HAZELNUT AND CHOCOLATE BUTTER

My first recipe for Nutella was one I found on Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal. I have tweaked that recipe and come up with my own interpretation of this delectable nut butter!!!

2 cups of hazelnuts roasted, skin removed.
1/2 cup of cocoa powder (I used dark, but regular is perfect)
1/2 cup of dry sweetener of your choice, or equivalent in liquid drops
1/2 teaspoon real vanilla
a pinch of salt

Roast the hazelnuts in the oven the same method as the almonds above. After they are cool, rub them with a damp towel to remove the skins.

In a food processor, first add your sweetener and pulse till it is a fine powder. Then add the hazelnuts and grind, scraping the sides as you go. You will see the hazelnuts act in the same way as the almond butter does. Keep processing them, but avoid adding any additional oil. You will find that the oils will also break loose from the nuts and give a consistency of peanut butter. At this point, add the cocoa powder, pinch of salt and vanilla. Continue to process until all the ingredients are incorporated. At the point where you have a beautiful chocolatey mixture in your food processor, taste to see that the butter is sweet enough and chocolatey enough for your liking. You can add more cocoa powder or sweetener till you like what you have. This will turn out to be a very smooth paste, and it is DELICIOUS!! I never have to buy Nutella in the store again. I don’t think you will be disappointed!

The beauty of these nut butters is that you control what is in them…and know that you are getting fresh product!

I have had both the Nutella and almond butter in my fridge now for over two weeks. The peanut butter with the coconut oil is really good straight out of the fridge, as well as the Nutella, but you can set them on the counter to come to room temp before using.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-11, 20:33

Plan: turtle style atkins
Stats: 202/166.4/145 Female 63 inches
BF:35.8%/29.5%/25.7%
Progress: 62%

I've never had Nutella. And I think after reading your post, I will not ever try it. I'm too scared!