Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 16:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/126/122
BF:
Progress: 78%
Angry Myoplex bars

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but have been very successful following Atkins since mid November (didn't have a lot to lose but having dieted most of my adult life this is the best and easiest ever). Have just discovered myoplex bars which boast only 3gs carbs. However, they also say"note: glycerine and oligofructose are included in the total calorie count, but are not included as carbohydrates". I understand from a different low carb website that this may mean they contain up to 23 carbs each. Can any one help?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 00:35

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Haven't tried them

Haven't tried them myself but from all I have read LC bars can start peoples' cravings off. Having done so well would you want to risk sliding down again?

Perhaps someone else on the board will give you a more direct answer. Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 03:28
Registered Member

Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi

If you look further down the threads somewhere you will see what happened to me with the Myoplex bars. I read that they are 3g per bar and then came out of ketosis. Grr... I have since stopped eating them.

I now drink the Whey Protein shakes (made with water) and quite enjoy them and they are 1g for the vanilla shake and 5g for the chocolate shake.

However, as I understand it, Myoplex bars do not always take everyone out of ketosis. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Best wishes

Daschnook