Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 05:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Distressed - need support

Hi

My husband and I went out to dinner on Friday evening and I chose seafood soup and a steak and mushrooms.

I thouht I had chosen the right options and had no bread (even though it was being pushed at me) and no chips or anything.

The next day (Saturday morning) I was totally out of ketosis and was tearing my hair out. The soup was not even that great although the steak was. If I had known that the soup was loaded with carbs I would never NEVER never have had it...I only had it to compensate for the non-carbos....gggrrrrrr....

This is the second time in my two week induction that I have accidentally come out of ketosis. It would not have been so bad if I had actually enjoyed a binge to come out of ketosis but these both times were accidental.

As a result, I had a bar of chocolate and a chinese meal and am now (Sunday morning) going back to another week's worth of Induction.

Also - all the weight I had lost over the last two weeks seem to have gone back on.

Help!

Need words of advice and support. How could I have gained all the weight back...?

How long will it take for all the sugar/carbs to get out of my system and for me to return to ketosis...?

Daschnook
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 07:32

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You haven't gained back all the weight. Your body is just holding onto extra water in response to the carbs. Carbs are initially stored as glycogen and when glycogen is present water is retained along with it. Relax. It will be gone in 3-4 days if you go back and stay in ketosis.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:58

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Stay on Track!

{going back to another week's worth of Induction} Great. Get straight back on track. You could be in ketosis in 2-3 days.

Flour is often used to thicken soups. Frustrating as it might be mistakes are good. You learn from them - sometimes more than you would otherwise.

Try not to let disappointment be the excuse to slip into comfort-eating. Be creative and plan what (apart from giving in to chocolate and chinese) you could do next time.

Take Care.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 13:31
Registered Member

Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%

HI

Thanks for your responses to me...it really helps alot to let off some steam here.

I am back on track today (I hope!) having had a piece of salmon in All Bar One and some bacon, eggs and smoked salmon for dinner. Oh and some cheese crisps (like the recipe from this site) and a chocolate whey protein drink. Ketosis...get ready, Im coming back *!*

Oh man...soup! - never again til ketosis is done for me.

Thanks for the support!

Daschnook
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 03:06

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hope you have a good day today - Monday. You'll be in ketosis soon.

If I feel the need for a snack, I don't seem to need comfort foods anymore, I'll have some nuts or smoked salmon. The latter I buy when it is cheap, cut into smaller portions and freeze. It does not take long to thaw, or if I'm desperate it can be helped in the microwave.

Watch out for salty foods as well as they tend to hold onto water. I was scheduled to loose a pound this week until I had a bacon chunk for dinner on Friday and that put pay to this weeks loss at my weigh in. Nevermind I'll be more careful when next Friday comes.

Little Anne