Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:02
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%
Default Back on Induction (Three week challenge)

Hello, everyone. I have finally admitted that I have an addiction to low-carb ice cream.... actually sugar alchohols in general, and I have gained 5 pounds back from eating them.

I also have a problem of "testing" foods through-out the day, in which the carbs do add up by night.

So, to break these horrible habits, I've decided to go back on strict induction for the next three weeks, to cleanse my body of those naughty sugar alchohols and stop my "little cheats".

The challenge starts today (August 19) and will run three weeks. Feel free to join in whenever you want, though! Post your goals for the next three weeks (ex: how many carbs you wish to stay at, exercise, etc) and make sure to stop by once a week for weigh in.

I want to stay below 25 carbs and hopefully increase my exercise. I've been lazy lately when it comes to exercise. I hope to lose the 5 pounds I have gained. *crosses fingers*

Anyone else want to join me?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 319/250/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 39%

I want to join you! I started back on Atkins a month ago, and I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks, and then I went to on a vacation for a week, and I gained back 10 lbs. I am ready to start strict induction over today.

My Itinerary:
I am going to stay under 20 carbs a day(15 of those carbs being from vegetables)
Exercise 5-6 days a week
No Sugar Alcohols
Very little Aspartame(Only 1 soda a day, if that)
1 gallon of water daily
Lifting dumbells for 10 minutes daily

Starting weight for first week: 309 lbs.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 10:30
I will try...until.

Hi Stajj! Glad to see someone else take interest in this challenge.

I am down 3 1/2 pounds today, a huge leaf for me. I'm thinking water retention had something to do with my 7 pound gain. I'm feeling good though, and ready to keep up this induction challenge.

Yesturday, I ate: 2 eggs, tuna with cheese and mayo, LC yogart, turkey bacon, peas, chicken fried on stove with wheat gluten covering, boca burger, and crystal light. I think I stayed under 25 carbs, too. Yay.

I also did a 30 minute pilate tape, which I plan to do 5 days a week, hopefully. I would have gone for a walk, but there is a rabid dog in the neighborhood. Eepies!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 13:13
Registered Member

Stats: 319/250/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Akasha!

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs
half of a sausage

Lunch:
2 c of Romaine Lettuce
1 can of sardines in mustard sauce
Bacon
2 T salsa
2 T sour cream

Snack:
Hand full of pepperonis

Dinner:
1 pork chop
2 fried chicken thighs coated with egg & Pork Rinds
2 C romaine lettuce
1 c ground beef
2 T salsa
2 T sour cream
1 T ranch dressing
I made a Chicken and Brocolli recipe( I found the recipe in the recipe section of this forum, it was OUTSTANDING )

I was able to sneak in 50 sit ups
30 minutes of workout on the FIT TV channel

I wanted to do more but time just flies by.

I already feel like I have been on this diet for 1 month and it has only been 2 days, but i'm hanging in there!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 16:59

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hey Akasha and Stajj! I'd love to join your 3 week challenge. I lost 10 pounds or so on Atkins a while back, but have since then regained the weight. I've been back on induction for a little while now, but I've had a few cheats. I'm ready to stick to strict induction so I can lose the weight again. My goals are to stick to 20 carbs or less each day and to work out 5-6 days a week.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 19:58

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey guys-
If its not too late, Id like to join you. The more on the team the more motivation. I succesfully have lost about 30 pounds, 12 on Atkins and I have lost "ketosis" feeling meaning Ive lost much of my control at this point. Need to get back in, staring today back on induction. Im sooo bloated right now ecause of the rice Ive been eating this past week. Ive gained back about 7 pounds of what I lost. What do ya say?!
"Doin' it for me, 'cause no one else is goin' to do it!"
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 20:03

BF:

My plan:
Rules of induction!
Exercise 5x next week.
Get more sleep
Drink more water than I have been.

*Should we have a date to which we check in with each other? I usually am here checking everyday anyway.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 11:39
I will try...until.

Good job, Stajj! Even a little exercise is better than none.

Hi Dylan and Cklim. You're not too late to join in at all. Welcome to the challenge.

Yesturday: I stayed right around 25 carbs again, but I ate some deep fried wings, which I think wasn't the best thing to do. Even though there were zero carbs in them, deep fried stuff anyways tends to not let me loose.

Besides that I did wonderful though. I plan to do some extra exercising today to make up for my error. Let me know how you all are doing!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-04, 01:39

BF:

Ok more specifically, you can check my journal for macronutrient breakdown.
BUT My goals in exercise: 6 diff. exercises 3x 12, 3-5 x/week
goals for water 4L a day
goals for sleep in bed by 10 pm
Nutrition: induction rules.
How did you guys make out over the weekend?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 16:26
I will try...until.

I'm so horrible when it comes to drinking enough water. I mean, I don't drink soda or anything either, I just don't drink at all. LOL.

Besides that, I have been doing well. I've done three pilate sessions since I started this challenge, but no weight loss so far on my "official" scale.

I'll pop by tomarrow. How are you all doing so far?