Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/160.4/130 Female 5"3
BF:00.0/32.4/21.0
Progress: -9%
Unhappy 2 Days Of Cheating

Well, I cheated yesterday by eating some yogurt raisins and goldfish. Today I figured, what the hell? and I ate a big stack of pringles and well as chewing gum. I am losing motivation. I am really struggling here, but since this is "confession" I will just go ahead and admit that since day one of induction (a month ago yesterday) I have been "tweaking" my diet and following "my own" induction rules. I know, I know!! I guess I can't half-ass this, can I?
Sigh. Tomorrow is another day. I just HATE the whole "Tomorrow I'll do better" mentality and then failing again!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 14:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/147.5/130 Female 5'1 1/2
BF:
Progress: 68%

You have to wrap your mind around it and get motivated. You don't have that much to lose. Forget the mess ups - we're all human and make mistakes. Keep thinking about how nice you will look at 130. Post some pictures of yourself at that weight on your fridge. Start a journal so you can keep track of what you eat and your thoughts. That has helped me a lot. I also have someone at work that is doing this and that helps too.
Start a journal and stop by mine so I'll know how to find yours. I'll be glad to be your "buddY".
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!! I believe in you. Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 14:36

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

Oh no! We'll all tell you the big secret: WE ALL SLIP! The real secret is to get back on board ASAP. Every bite further from your regimen will make it that much harder to get back. Two days of naughty is better than 3. Focus and move forward. You're doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 18:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/130 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney
...Post some pictures of yourself at that weight on your fridge...

even better post a pic of you NOW next to the pic of you at the goal weight. That's what I've done. Every time I open that fridge... well... the juxtaposition is frightening!!!!!